Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland, and took delivery of an Etron 50 Tecknik last week when the dealership reopened. I'm loving it so far and just wish I was allowed to travel a decent distance in it so that I can get a real feel for its capabilities, range etc. I'm really looking forward to restrictions being lifted and to the next 2 or 3 years of EV ownership.

Best wishes

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome! I have a 50 Technik on order. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it. I'd also be interested to see a picture of the interior at night, as I believe the Technik trim doesn't have the full LED light package.

The only pictures online seem to be from cars with the extended LED package.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks really good, thanks for the pictures. I was originally disappointed that I wouldn't get the extended LEDs, but now I'm not. It looks quite similar to the lighting in my old S8.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks really good, thanks for the pictures. I was originally disappointed that I wouldn't get the extended LEDs, but now I'm not. It looks quite similar to the lighting in my old S8.
@Witchfinder does the strip along the dash light up too, or is it just the cubby and the door panels that light up during normal driving? I’m a bit gutted too that I can’t stretch to the “disco‘ lights, but £60k my limit and I’ve had to have metallic paint.... pick up in 3 weeks so I’m excited, so excuse the multiple questions. I’m all ready, pod point ordered, app downloaded and car added.... as much as I can. I do find there is a lot of detail missing from the specification sheets. A good old fashioned brochure would be nice :)

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
@Witchfinder does the strip along the dash light up too, or is it just the cubby and the door panels that light up during normal driving? I’m a bit gutted too that I can’t stretch to the “disco‘ lights, but £60k my limit and I’ve had to have metallic paint.... pick up in 3 weeks so I’m excited, so excuse the multiple questions. I’m all ready, pod point ordered, app downloaded and car added.... as much as I can. I do find there is a lot of detail missing from the specification sheets. A good old fashioned brochure would be nice :)
Yep. It lights up and you can separately change color of the strip and ambient lighting.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yep. It lights up and you can separately change color of the strip and ambient lighting.
That's only with the extended lighting.
...does the strip along the dash light up too, or is it just the cubby and the door panels that light up during normal driving?
This is what it looks like without the extended LEDs...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Personally, I think it looks fine without the extended LEDs. I think the coloured strips would be quite distracting at night.

·
Registered
2021 Audi E-tron Sportback Prestige
32 Posts
For those with the extended LED how do you get them to come on during daylight driving?

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
230 Posts
Can you change the colour? I know its a basic effect but hoping there's at least a few colour schemes to choose from.
In the US, they are called the Ambient LED lighting package (Prestige only)- that's the only way you can change the colors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Took delivery yesterday, have to say the lack of ambient lighting and rear cup holders as standard is poor and now no sd card slot.. absolute joke considering the retail value of a sportback 55 S Line. Just paltry of Audi. Very bland without an ambient package. I don't like it all chintzy and Benidorm but would like a little variant. I'd recommend getting it with the comfort and sound package. Definitely opt for the rear cup holders, same price to buy and install yourself but may as well do it at point of order if you have the choice, we didn't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts