Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've had a deposit on a Polestar 2 for just over a year. It's a great car, but the lack of information and news, and the looking return of my Volvo V90 R-Design lease made me look elsewhere. A couple of weeks ago, I put a deposit on a 2 year lease of an E-Tron 50 Technik in Galaxy Blue.

My car made it all the way to Quality Control before the plant shutdown this week. I'm disappointed I won't get my car next week, but global public health crises tend to be more important, and what matters is everyone's health and wellbeing.

Anyway, hello from sunny Manchester!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Witchfinder! The Polestar 2 is quite different than the e-tron, what made you go with the e-tron?

It's too bad that you haven't got yours yet, hopefully things start to clear up soon and you can finally get yours.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum @Witchfinder! The Polestar 2 is quite different than the e-tron, what made you go with the e-tron?
Thanks for the welcome.

The E-Tron was available on a cheap lease deal. The two cars are quite different, but either would suit my needs - hatchback, ability to carry four humans, and enough luggage space for my Historic European Martial Arts equipment. I've owned a couple of different Audis in the past - V10 S8, and A7 BiTDi, and always liked the build quality and comfort.

Depending on how long the lockdown lasts, I expect I'll get my car around May or June, so still ahead of the Polestar. I've kept my deposit on the P2, just in case the Audi falls through for whatever reason.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.

The E-Tron was available on a cheap lease deal. The two cars are quite different, but either would suit my needs - hatchback, ability to carry four humans, and enough luggage space for my Historic European Martial Arts equipment. I've owned a couple of different Audis in the past - V10 S8, and A7 BiTDi, and always liked the build quality and comfort.

Depending on how long the lockdown lasts, I expect I'll get my car around May or June, so still ahead of the Polestar. I've kept my deposit on the P2, just in case the Audi falls through for whatever reason.
That's a good call, everything is changing so quickly with this virus. Does the Polestar 2 have similar cargo space to the e-tron? I would think the e-tron would be better suited for carrying your equipment.

Also, Historic European Martial Arts sounds awesome! What exactly is involved with that??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, Historic European Martial Arts sounds awesome! What exactly is involved with that??
The Polestar 2 is obviously smaller inside than the E-Tron, but has a surprisingly generous amount of boot (trunk) space. One of my main criteria for a car is that I need to be able to fit my equipment into it. That means a large bag with fencing jacket, mask, gauntlets, and other protective gear, and enough room to fit a 140cm Longsword.

HEMA is the study of various forms of European Martial arts. It ranges from early 13th century manuscripts on sword and buckler, through 16th century longsword, up to 19th century sabre, and even some 20th century stuff like the unarmed combat manuals of World War 2. It's often done competitively, and is a full contact sport using blunt steel weapons. Physically demanding, and lots of fun!

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Polestar 2 is obviously smaller inside than the E-Tron, but has a surprisingly generous amount of boot (trunk) space. One of my main criteria for a car is that I need to be able to fit my equipment into it. That means a large bag with fencing jacket, mask, gauntlets, and other protective gear, and enough room to fit a 140cm Longsword.

HEMA is the study of various forms of European Martial arts. It ranges from early 13th century manuscripts on sword and buckler, through 16th century longsword, up to 19th century sabre, and even some 20th century stuff like the unarmed combat manuals of World War 2. It's often done competitively, and is a full contact sport using blunt steel weapons. Physically demanding, and lots of fun!
Now that's really cool, I'm going to have to so research on HEMA! The e-tron should handle that easily for you but I didn't realize the Polestar could do that too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that's really cool, I'm going to have to so research on HEMA! The e-tron should handle that easily for you but I didn't realize the Polestar could do that too.
This is the Polestar 2 boot with one of my longswords

And this is the E-Tron

Yeah, I really made sure it fits :LOL:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. I've had a deposit on a Polestar 2 for just over a year. It's a great car, but the lack of information and news, and the looking return of my Volvo V90 R-Design lease made me look elsewhere. A couple of weeks ago, I put a deposit on a 2 year lease of an E-Tron 50 Technik in Galaxy Blue.

My car made it all the way to Quality Control before the plant shutdown this week. I'm disappointed I won't get my car next week, but global public health crises tend to be more important, and what matters is everyone's health and wellbeing.

Anyway, hello from sunny Manchester!
Hi Witchfinder, I’m in a similar position. I had a Volvo S90 R Design on 18 month lease. Spotted a good 2yr deal on E Tron 50 but delivery not expected until June - and that was before the factory closure.
Any news on the kind of delay I can expect?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any news on the kind of delay I can expect?
I'm afraid not. As I understand it, the Brussels factory will be shut for at least three weeks. If you have the Audi order number, you should be able to check the progress of your build. Mine has been in Quality Control for a month.

To be fair, I'm not too bothered. I'm not sure if I want to sign the paperwork on an expensive lease at the moment when there's so much economic uncertainty about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats!! Shame a long drive this weekend is probably off the cards now with the lockdown announcement. Are you happy with it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you happy with it?
Very, although I've not had chance to enjoy it properly yet. I'm a bit worried my PodPoint installation is going to be delayed by lockdown too. Overall impressions were good though. If I had to pick fault, I'd say that some of the trim feels a bit cheap in a car this price, certainly compared to other Audis that I've owned.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My PodPoint installation was just great, I’m sure it’ll be smooth enough. I was wondering whether you had off street charging given the photo above.

Which bits of trim in particular did you think let down the overall impression? Centre console area (either side of the phone box area) felt a bit rickety in a dealer car but in mine it’s solid.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Steviestainz I do have off-street parking, but I am stuck charging on the granny charger until PodPoint tell me the outcome of their CoViD risk assessment. Given Manchester had just been locked down again, I expect it to be delayed.

I think the hard plastics in the centre console are a let down, and the grey plastic trim on the dash. I'd have preferred brushed aluminium or something. I could get it wrapped, but with it being a lease car, I don't want to do anything that'll cause problems when it's returned.

There's just more hard, scratchy plastic than I'm accustomed to in Audis. My S8 had leather pretty much everywhere (except the places that had carbon fibre), and my A7 had leather or soft touch plastic in all the places you'd expect.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts