Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took ownership of a ’21 e-tron SUV. My first Audi, my first SUV, but not my first EV (coming from Bolt EV). Loving it so far! Still at the stage where I’m looking for any excuse to get behind the wheel. Groceries, hardware store, food pickup? I’m on it!

One very minor annoyance: when starting the car, the MMI always presents a Welcome screen with “Continue” and “Select user” options. Any way to configure the MMI to skip this?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
When I get into mine, a message pops up on the Cockpit display giving me the option to select the User Profile. I'm listed at the top, so if I don't do anything it automatically defaults to me. Have you set up a User Profile for yourself yet? It is different from Key User in its intent and use. (Mine is a 2019 E Tron 55 SUV.)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Does the profile save to the keys - ie two keys so Profile 1 saves to Key 1, Profile 2 to Key 2?

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
206 Posts
Just took ownership of a ’21 e-tron SUV. My first Audi, my first SUV, but not my first EV (coming from Bolt EV). Loving it so far! Still at the stage where I’m looking for any excuse to get behind the wheel. Groceries, hardware store, food pickup? I’m on it!

One very minor annoyance: when starting the car, the MMI always presents a Welcome screen with “Continue” and “Select user” options. Any way to configure the MMI to skip this?
If you get an OBD Eleven Pro Next Gen Tool, there's a 10 credit app where you can change the display splash screen on MMI. I chose Audi Sport and the logo. It goes away pretty quickly since I have my profile selected that is sync to my key fob.

Reactions: stko and Bhuna50

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Does the profile save to the keys - ie two keys so Profile 1 saves to Key 1, Profile 2 to Key 2?
Yes, once you set up a Personal Profile, you are supposed to turn off the car, get out and shut the door, and lock and unlock the door with the Fob buttons. After that, that profile should be assigned to that fob. It's been awhile for me, but as I recall, I set up the Personal Profile and used the "Set 1" option on the drivers door handle to save the seat/mirror settings. I then turned off the car, got out and shut the door, and locked and unlocked the car with that fob. Similarly, for the other Fob I did the same, but used "Set 2" to save the seat and mirror settings, and then used the OTHER fob to lock and unlock the door. Of course, you are now out of fobs, but the car is set up so you can have more Personal profiles; however, those people have to use the Scroll display to select the profile they want.

Lastly, I THINK (not positive about this), whenever you lock and unlock the door with the Fob, all the settings that are currently in place will be updated into that Profile, so if you have made changes from your initial setup, those changes will become your new Profile selections.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks - will just be my wife and I, but we have always had a standing joke about me having memory seats in the car - last two new cars never had it even though I always said I wanted it - as fed up having to move the seat all the way back after she has used the car :D - so I want to make sure I get this working properly when I get the car :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Thanks - will just be my wife and I, but we have always had a standing joke about me having memory seats in the car - last two new cars never had it even though I always said I wanted it - as fed up having to move the seat all the way back after she has used the car :D - so I want to make sure I get this working properly when I get the car :)
Of course that depends on which car you get. I'm in the US with a 2019 Prestige (top line) Quattro 55 SUV. I have read on these threads, for example, that for the 50, if you don't get the upgraded sound system, you don't even get "touch" door handles. It seems to vary a lot with the packages you get.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome @stko and congrats!
Did you consider any other vehicles before going with the e-tron SUV?
Thanks! There are so many amazing EVs available now or coming out this year. Here are some that I considered:
  • Porsche Taycan RWD
  • VW ID.4
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E
  • Tesla Model 3
  • Tesla Model Y
  • IONIQ 5
  • Chevy Bolt EUV
  • Hyundai Kona Electric
  • Nissan Ariya
Ultimately, I chose the e-tron because it’s a good balance of luxury, practicality, and reliability. Regarding reliability, that’s really a gamble, but I’m hoping that Audi has worked out some of the issues from the previous model years.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-tron Premium Plus w/ Black Optics
13 Posts

Hi @stko - I find that annoying too, but about a month into ownership I realized I don't need to select "continue" for it to continue to my settings. Just ignore it and start driving, and all should be good from then on.
And welcome! And Hello from Northern California too! I have a 2021 E-tron as well and am absolutely loving it! Zero issues for me, really it's just about me getting used to an EV.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thanks! There are so many amazing EVs available now or coming out this year. Here are some that I considered:
  • Porsche Taycan RWD
  • VW ID.4
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E
  • Tesla Model 3
  • Tesla Model Y
  • IONIQ 5
  • Chevy Bolt EUV
  • Hyundai Kona Electric
  • Nissan Ariya
Ultimately, I chose the e-tron because it’s a good balance of luxury, practicality, and reliability. Regarding reliability, that’s really a gamble, but I’m hoping that Audi has worked out some of the issues from the previous model years.
Did you consider the I-Pace?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you consider the I-Pace?
Yes, I did. Forgot to mention it. It was definitely a top contender. I recently saw one on the road and thought it looked better in real life than in photos. Many of the models (such as the I-pace) were rejected for having panoramic sunroofs with out retractable shades. This is a showstopper for some members of my family.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I recently purchased one in Seattle a few months ago and am enjoying the driving experience and the ride, although I now hear an irritating rattle in the passenger side door. Anyone else have this problem and any obvious fixes?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Describe the rattle :) Or best, record it
Haha will do next time I'm behind the wheel. It typically happens over normal pavement even at low speeds, but is more pronounced on the highway. It seems to be originating from the passenger door.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
I personally have been hunting ... clicking noise. It sounds like someone is sitting and pressing window control buttons all the time. Not sure if this is a rattle, though

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-tron Premium Plus w/ Black Optics
13 Posts
You know what, we had what sounds to be the same rattling noise. We searched high and low for it and it just ended up being that the guide-stop on the seatbelt was low enough that it was bouncing against the inside of the car, at the B-pillar. Once we slid the guide-stop further up, problem was solved.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts