Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. Glad I found this forum to connect with fellow eTron drivers.
I picked up a Manhattan grey eTron prestige for my wife 3 weeks ago. Very happy with it except for the range but I knew it's archilles heel when I got it. Love how quiet and smooth it drives. A great car overall. In fact I like it so much I picked up a Typhoon grey prestige last Thursday for myself. Had to go to LA to pick it up and drove 400 miles back to San Fran yesterday. It was a bit of an adventure as I had to do some crash learning on charging on the road. Where to charge, different charging networks, type of chargers available, etc, etc. A lot more to think about compare to which one of 3 grades of gasoline to use. Glad to report I made it to SF without incident but my experience reaffirms that the eTron or any EV for that matter is not good for long trips. My eTrons will be staying local. That's a shame as the eTron is superbly comfortable on the freeway. So smooth, quiet and quick I often drove way too fast without realizing.
I'm still trying to figure out all the features on the car but glad I discovered the massaging feature on my drive from LA to SF. That feature came in handy on the long drive.
I have been using MyAudi on the first eTron without problem however I'm not able to send instructions to the car on the second one. Will see if it's a weak cell signal issue.

Picking up the Typhoon grey eTron from LA on Thursday.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

I'd say with two E-Tron purchases, there is no doubt you're a fan of the vehicle! Hah. Great looking car though. Be sure to post up pics with both once you get them home.

Regarding that long trip, you mentioned you were going to stay local with the EV. Any notable negatives during the trip that influenced that decision? Did you run into issues with certain charging stations? Or was the time involved with planning and frequent stops just not something you want to deal with next time?

In either case, congrats on both E-Trons!

·
Registered
33 Posts
With time you'll learn the tricks to long distance travel. I've made five trips in the last 2.5 months between Phoenix and the central California coast and it's easier every time. You'll learn which charging stations are reliable and more importantly quicker. Much as I got pissy about Electrify America they seem to be working better all the time, as does their IOS app. At up to 150 kW effective charging rates on an e-tron they take a third the time of Chargepoint and others.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
@omegafiler @azlkk Thanks guys. Is there a good thread to discuss charging on the road experience and tips. There are so many threads on this forum :0 Would be nice to have one on this topic that sticks.
That's a good idea. We have a few threads on charging and range, but I'm not aware of one specifically for the road trip experience. If you or somebody else wants to create one, I can sticky it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts