Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 etron Prestige owner in Seattle, Washington.

Car presently has around 3000-miles.

It's Siam Beige and we get a lot of positive comments from people in our neighborhood about the color and design of the Audi - I should be a brand ambassador for the amount of virtue I've shared about electric vehicles.

However, we've experienced some 'issues' - some of them fixed and some of them are what I call 'design faults' that people like us are discovering and sharing in this Forum.

The local Audi Dealership have been mostly very helpful - but they also admit to having not sold enough etron's to really know the problems and solutions to what I'm finding and asking them to fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My major problem with our etron is the inability of the car to charge the battery anywhere near close to the 204-mile range we were told to expect at the Dealership - and which is widely advertised, reported on by the media and even stated by the sales team at the same Dealership when I went to get the latest update and 12-month service.

I've tried a variety of methods to achieve a higher charge - home charging (Level 1), local Level-2 chargers and Level-3 super-chargers.

The result is always the same - around 175-mile range which is approximately 85% of what the target range should be.

The advice I got from the Dealership was to "drive long distances" but even that hasn't changed how the battery responds to charging.

Our etron only has 4000-miles so it's not as if it's been aggressively charged an unusually high number of times.

I would welcome anyone's thoughts and opinions on this issue - and whether they've experienced the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Etron has about 6,000. I usually just charge at home and typically, I get anywhere between 195 and 215 miles of "charges". Recently, I went on a 300 mile trip and had to charge on EA fast chargers(that was an adventure!!). After I got back, my car would not charge at home past 175 miles. After talking to the Etron team, they told me to let the charge go down to 20 miles and then charge at home again. That worked and now I am back to 215 miles at 100%. I live in Florida and it is 90+ degrees here now. That may also have something to do with it??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used to live outside Seattle for a few years and it’s very interesting to hear how yours is driving (we may move back there in a few years!)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Range is affected heavily by temperature and your driving style. You should set the car up to coast and drive gently and predictively. There's no reason you can't hit the EPA or even the WLTP estimated range with care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts