Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Delighted to join up. I'm waiting on my silver e-Tron Premium (with black optics and Convenience Plus features) to arrive here in Oregon in t-minus ~2 weeks.

I had paid the deposit for a Model Y but don't want to buy into Elon Musk and his bullshit. Other EVs don't do it for me looks-wise, so the stunning e-Tron was the natural choice.

Plus, we always had an Audi in the family growing up back in Ireland so I thought it was a good way to go.

Roll on November 11th.

R.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello!

Delighted to join up. I'm waiting on my silver e-Tron Premium (with black optics and Convenience Plus features) to arrive here in Oregon in t-minus ~2 weeks.

I had paid the deposit for a Model Y but don't want to buy into Elon Musk and his bullshit. Other EVs don't do it for me looks-wise, so the stunning e-Tron was the natural choice.

Plus, we always had an Audi in the family growing up back in Ireland so I thought it was a good way to go.

Roll on November 11th.

R.
Congratulations on your great choice for an SUV! I just got mine a week ago and I absolutely love it!!! I am trying to learn all it can do, but I think it will take me awhile!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you gotten your charger situation dealt with?
We get free charging at work and post-Covid the eight chargers in our car park are unoccupied 90% of the time. I'm going back to the office a couple of days a week to charge from there. For longer trips, there's a couple of EA stations near me. I will get a home charger in next year.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You didn’t lose 60 miles of range with that one launch. :)
Think of it this way, the GOM (“guess-o-meter”) took one look at that launch and said, “Whoa! Ok, you are that kind of driver, eh?” It assumed you will employ that kind of acceleration at that frequency of occurrence, and docked your “future self” accordingly.
Use it sparingly, and the range prediction will start to climb again.
It seems that there are EV drivers who enjoy the performance of their cars and others who find satisfaction in stretching the efficiency of the car to the greatest extent possible. Both types of drivers enjoy their cars.
Over my first 1250 miles, I have averaged 2.7 miles/kWh. You can infer which type of driver I am!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts