Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just bought a used (3K miles) 2019 E-Tron Prestige. I had an order in for a long time for a Polestar 2 and could have accepted delivery in a couple of weeks. I like the Polestar 2, but with the number of problems and lack of close support, I decided to go with the E-Tron. Loving it so far and I've got a lot to learn - I'm sure the forum will be of great help. Cheers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all, Just bought a used (3K miles) 2019 E-Tron Prestige. I had an order in for a long time for a Polestar 2 and could have accepted delivery in a couple of weeks. I like the Polestar 2, but with the number of problems and lack of close support, I decided to go with the E-Tron. Loving it so far and I've got a lot to learn - I'm sure the forum will be of great help. Cheers.
Welcome Scott 👍

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had an order in for a long time for a Polestar 2 and could have accepted delivery in a couple of weeks. I like the Polestar 2, but with the number of problems and lack of close support
I was looking at it as well, but having to haul my bottom to LA or NYC to see the car in person was a non-starter to me. Local support is even harder, so nice as it is, it went out of the window as an option.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
149 Posts
Welcome!
The Polestar looks great, supposedly good to drive, quiet and comfortable. But the charge speed leaves a lot to be desired especially above 80% SOC and especially in the cold.

Share some pictures of your new e-tron if you can

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome to the forum @ScottM! I don't blame you for moving on from the Polestar 2 given the early issues they've had. What were you driving before your e-tron?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum @ScottM! I don't blame you for moving on from the Polestar 2 given the early issues they've had. What were you driving before your e-tron?
I was driving a 2018 BMW 540i - very nice car, but I wanted to go electric. My electric preference would be an electric 5-series or MB E-class or A6. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a strong market for a mid-size luxury electric sedan. BTW - I've had about a week now with my E-Tron and am loving it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I agree, I would have preferred a nice sedan with a roomy trunk, or even an Etron version of an Avant. The E Tron SUV is very comfortable and great to drive---for an SUV.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was driving a 2018 BMW 540i - very nice car, but I wanted to go electric. My electric preference would be an electric 5-series or MB E-class or A6. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a strong market for a mid-size luxury electric sedan. BTW - I've had about a week now with my E-Tron and am loving it.
The 540i is a fantastic sport sedan, excellent car. Glad to hear you're enjoying your e-tron so far. BMW has been fascinating to follow with their EVs. They were ahead of the curve with the i3 and then coasted. Now they have to play catchup with the i4 and the iX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 540i is a fantastic sport sedan, excellent car. Glad to hear you're enjoying your e-tron so far. BMW has been fascinating to follow with their EVs. They were ahead of the curve with the i3 and then coasted. Now they have to play catchup with the i4 and the iX.
Exactly - too bad. I believe they had a CEO that was not big on EV's, but they got rid of him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts