Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As mentioned, I took delivery of '21 e-tron premium and I noticed scrapes or scratches on one of the wheels. It hadn't even been a week!

Any suggestion how I should go about this?
1. any warranty, specifically for tire and wheel protection, I can purchase given that it's been less than 10-30 days since the delivery even though the sign date has been since March?

2. ebay...I don't see any used or new wheel under than $2,700 including shipping for the entire set.

3. any care or self method to go about this? I don't know about cars too well and it's pretty frustrating to think that I will need to pay for this upon lease return.

Any suggestion is appreciated and helpful. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
Rims and tires and not covered unless you noticed the problem at the delivery time. Right now it's on you. As indicated there are companies doing recovery and detailing for rims. I had that done on my eTron and cannot tell where damage was. It buffed out pretty well it was not that expensive either. Two rims cost me 150 at the time.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
279 Posts
This is extremely minor damage. Pay to have them fixed, they will look brand new.

But maybe wait a while and see if anything more appears :p

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
Haha it's the neverending problem with cars. You want them look new. They never do. This passes once you have the first serious ding and it's not covered by insurance. Paying a few grand for having it fixed quickly fixes the sight.

Unused to drive Allroad with hail damage for years and praying for more hail to have it fixed and paid for insurance. Once fixed, there was one more hail spell. Never again ... This is just insane. As long as the engine and interior is fine I'm not bothered by scuff and dings on exterior

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your comments and advice.. I jumped the gun as soon as I saw the price of the new sets on Ebay.. I wish I had signed up for the lease end protection instead of the Audicare, but I have many months ahead to enjoy and take care of the car! Have a good week.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
I do not know if it is worth it, honestly. Getting extended coverage for curb rash is kind of odd to me - first, some companies do not cover them (read the fine print), and second, you will end up getting that fixed over and over again. It is a thing that happens. All the time. Especially when you least expect it. I would not sweat it too much. Enjoy the car, do not park too close to curbs, and just let it go :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know if this is normal.. but yes this is the rear wheel..is this unusual to e-tron spec?

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
57 Posts
there are very competent repair shops who will fix that in a heartbeat. they take off the wheel clean off the lacquer and skim the alloy. Relacquer the wheel and it will look like new. I ust had to do my rear passenger side as Mrs H had a moment..and it was £90 - done overnight. There's cover available in the UK but I would check the policy terms as they often ask you to use an approved repairer which may not be convenient to you. Whether the deals are worth it is up to your driving skills !

·
Registered
428 Posts
As Rich said, a competent shop can make it look like new. I’ve had a service actually come to my house to do the repair and within an hour the curb rash was gone and the wheel looked like new.

·
Registered
2020 etron 50 Black Edition
57 Posts
Well, thank the lord it wasn't me actually.. poor Mrs Hale got it all wrong down a very narrow car park exit ramp - one that goes around a few corners.. and poor thing was in tears about it.. but as we all know it's just a wheel ! So funny story - got chatting to the guy who runs the bodyshop where I had it refurbished.. and he grew up in an acting family - his Dad was the stunt driver of the white mini in the original Italian Job ! How cool is that. He had a few cool parts too as a child actor. One in Alien.. small sidebar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts