Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Audi E-Tron GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I picked up a new 2022 eTron GT a few days ago and I'm trying to get Homelink setup. I follow the instructions on the MMI to the letter, and it simply will not detect the signal from the remote transmitter. In the videos I watched, the MMI picks up the signal, then you get to the next screen where you have to Synchronize.. I don't even get that far.

I know that my garage door unit works with Homelink as I have our F-250's homelink paired with the garage door unit.

I've tried holding the garage door remote in front of the mirror, under, beside, behind, etc. It simply will not pick up the signal no matter what I do.

I have also tried a different garage remote, no luck. I have also done a reset on the MMI, but I don't know that it actually resets the homelink module..

Anyone have any suggestions? I would like to try resetting the homelink module power but I can't find a fuse for that in the manual.

·
Registered
2022 Chronos Edition - Mythos Black Metallic
39 Posts
Cool, definitely easier and smarter than typing! So I did the same thing the first couple of tries as soon as I got home from the dealership. What worked for me was holding the remote about 3 inches below the mirror. Start the process from the beginning, press and hold the remote for a good 30 seconds, do not move it around. That worked for me after a few tries. I ended up creating a home and a home 2 button in the hopes that I won’t have to go through this again should the first button get erased!

·
Registered
2022 Audi E-Tron GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, definitely easier and smarter than typing! So I did the same thing the first couple of tries as soon as I got home from the dealership. What worked for me was holding the remote about 3 inches below the mirror. Start the process from the beginning, press and hold the remote for a good 30 seconds, do not move it around. That worked for me after a few tries. I ended up creating a home and a home 2 button in the hopes that I won’t have to go through this again should the first button get erased!
Thanks for the suggestion! I think I have tried roughly 20 times so far and nothing seems to work. I’ve tried multiple remotes, different spots with the car in / out of the garage.

I even called Homelink and they were no help, they basically told me to take it to Audi.

My Audi dealer basically said it is the garage door l, even though I told them our F250 HoneLink works perfectly fine with the same garage opener.

So frustrated! I know it is a petty thing, but when you pay so much for a car, you sort of expect things to work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, I’m with you on this one. What’s strange is that it appears it’s not even detecting the signal from the transmitter. Perhaps try synching at a relative’s house and their garage opener to see if the problem follows the car?

·
Registered
2022 Audi E-Tron GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I’m with you on this one. What’s strange is that it appears it’s not even detecting the signal from the transmitter. Perhaps try synching at a relative’s house and their garage opener to see if the problem follows the car?
Awesome idea!!

Ok, so I just got back from my father-in-law's place where they have an older Chamberlain unit. Same exact situation, the car would not pick up on the remote transmitter at all.

If my dealer won't give a darn about the situation, is there an Audi corporate number I can call who might be able to help me get my dealer to care a little more?

Thanks again for all your help !!

·
Registered
2022 Audi E-Tron GT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Figured I would update the thread.. I stopped by the dealer and tried my remote in another e-Tron (not a GT) and it locked up the signal on the first try.

i showed the dealer how it worked in the car in the show room but not in my car. They still think the e-tron GT is different in how it learns the signal. Ugh..

What I really want to do is pull the power for the garage unit in the car to get ir to reset but I can’t find the fuse for that. It isn’t listed in the manual.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the update and sorry to hear of the continued troubles. I’m not sure where else to go other than another dealership. Consider asking service managers from other dealerships over a phone call. I would think most would at least attempt to answer or redirect you to another resource.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts