Audi e-tron Forum banner

Hi from deepest Sussex

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  LSB777 
#1 ·
Finally got around to ordering my e-tron last month. It is due for delivery in March and I am hoping that some of the problems folks posting on here have had with theirs are not repeated.

We shall have to see as they say.....

#3 ·
I have yet to really discover the charging network (my first EV) but looking at ZapMap etc there seem to be plenty. My intention is to do the vast majority of my charging at home though, using the network for longer journeys only. We shall have to see how things work out.

No mods planned although the ordered model should be fairly well equipped anyway.

Looking at your avitar you appear to have opted for typhoon grey, same as I have chosen.

Car is due in March, Covid and Brexit permitting......

#4 ·
Hi. I'm in Peacehaven. Luckily I had a free Pod Point home charger fitted via Audi (not sure if they still offer this). Only 1 rapid in Peacehaven. Plenty of chargers in Brighton, mainly lamp-post by the look of it. Worth checking Zap Map for free chargers at places like Tesco depending on where in Sussex you are.

#5 ·
I'm at the other side of the county, near Petworth. According to Zap-Map there are two 150kW chargers within a few miles of home plus a lot of 50kW so things should be fine.

I am interested in your PodPoint/Audi install though. Love to learn exactly how it all worked, was your dealer proactive in getting it sorted? When did the process start relative to your delivery date?

#6 ·
I've leased via a work salary sacrifice scheme with Tusker. However it was Audi Glasgow where the car was delivered to who helped with Pod Point and the free install. All happened within 2 weeks in August which was great. Also worth checking with dealership about the e-tron Charging Service as I got a free year on the Transit tariff and £150 credit to use for charging.

#7 ·
Thanks, sounds as if all went smoothly. As far as the e-tron Charging Service goes, I have not been able to find a definitive list of participating suppliers. Lots of Logos appear on the Audi press release and website which date from when they set it up but some of these are now out of date. Did they give you a list? If not, have you found it easy to use at the common charge sites?

#8 ·
As far as the e-tron Charging Service goes, I have not been able to find a definitive list of participating suppliers. Lots of Logos appear on the Audi press release and website which date from when they set it up but some of these are now out of date. Did they give you a list? If not, have you found it easy to use at the common charge sites?
Its a bit of a sorry service in my opinion. Even where a supplier is listed and active, figuring out the actual charging cost takes a bit of investigation. Instavolt UK charge £0.35/kWh yet the eCS tariff will charge you £0.39/kWh. Geniepoint is a supplier, but not all their charge points appear on the eCS map. The ones that do are listed as 'ChargePoint' not Genie Point. There is one local to me, which isn't on the map and doesn't accept the etron RFID card. Its an AC charger. I think only Genie Point's DC chargers are on the eCS service.

That said, the RFID card is handy and in theory it can be used at a range of suppliers' chargers. The £0.28/kWh rate for Ionity fast charging is excellent value too (a discount only availble on the Transit tariff).

But if it wasn't for the 1 year's free subscription and £150 voucher, I'd wouldn't sign up to the service.

#9 ·
I did post a pic of all the included providers but as you mention it might be out of date now. Genie Point (nearest rapid to home) still works for me and is not coming off allowance so I'm making the most of the glitch. Also realised my £150 expires in March and only got car 19th Aug so don't want to lose any free credit. Not tried any other companies yet but Instavolt always get good reviews and Ionity is a lot cheaper so would try that if on a road trip.

#11 ·
Agree with both recent posts. If I was going on a UK holiday or a business trip, then I'd try and factor in an eCS charger to save money. I was hoping to go from South Coast to Liverpool & back for football before COVID and would have come back via Milton Keynes and get a free Ionity fill up and pop into the EVEC. It's a nice freebie to have but won't benefit all due to location etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.