Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new e-tron yesterday! Happy to be able to be part of this group.

Trying to program the homelink garage door opener, but it's not working. Pressed HomeLink button, followed the instructions on the display, hold opener near the mirror, press the garage door opener button and hold. The garage opens, but nothing changes on the MMI. When I let the button go, I get a message that an error has occurred, do you want to try again.

Did some research and found some posts about the Side Assist interfering with the programming on some units. Sounds like if that is disabled by pulling the fuse, then programming, it might work. Has anyone had this issue, and how did you solve it?

8550 LiftMaster Garage Door Opener

·
Super Moderator
138 Posts
I just picked up my new e-tron yesterday! Happy to be able to be part of this group.

Trying to program the homelink garage door opener, but it's not working. Pressed HomeLink button, followed the instructions on the display, hold opener near the mirror, press the garage door opener button and hold. The garage opens, but nothing changes on the MMI. When I let the button go, I get a message that an error has occurred, do you want to try again.

Did some research and found some posts about the Side Assist interfering with the programming on some units. Sounds like if that is disabled by pulling the fuse, then programming, it might work. Has anyone had this issue, and how did you solve it?

8550 LiftMaster Garage Door Opener
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

I seem to recall getting an error when initially using the original hand-held transmitter to program. I believe the next step is to use the program button on the garage door opener itself, which is needed for most modern garage doors due to rolling codes. The older systems normally instruct you to skip directly to that step, but this new version makes you go in a certain order. Try remote first, fail, then do it the right way.

Page 42 in the Owner's Manual may provide some further insight if you haven't already checked that out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

Even though lights on my garage door opener clicker would light up, and the garage door opened, I replaced the batteries and tried to program the e-tron homelink again... and this time it worked! Wasn't expecting that to fix it, but I'm glad it's resolved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts