Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can any glass cleaner be used to clean the touch screens? For example the same glass cleaner used to clean the windshield and side windows? if so do you spray it directly on the screen or on the microfiber cloth? Plz share how you clean yours

·
Registered
26 Posts
Although accepting that 'glass cleaner' is a generic term that covers many chemicals, I wouldn't use glass cleaner on the touch screens because they are not glass; they are touch-sensitive display screens - a lot more delicate than the glass windshield and side windows.

A dry microfibre cloth works well. One comes supplied with e-trons in the UK but any will do, I suppose. When it gets dirty, clean it in a washing machine at <40 degC with a detergent like this:

Or go higher tech with this:

This last one's quite expensive and only works on flat surfaces (where it works very well) so, if you want a more economical fluid-based 'system' combine a generic computer screen cleaning spray with a microfibre cloth and you will be well served.

A microfibre cloth also works well for cleaning the instrument cluster and (without using fluids) the windscreen itself. It's a good all-round solution.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although accepting that 'glass cleaner' is a generic term that covers many chemicals, I wouldn't use glass cleaner on the touch screens because they are not glass; they are touch-sensitive display screens - a lot more delicate than the glass windshield and side windows.

A dry microfibre cloth works well. One comes supplied with e-trons in the UK but any will do, I suppose. When it gets dirty, clean it in a washing machine at <40 degC with a detergent like this:

Or go higher tech with this:

This last one's quite expensive and only works on flat surfaces (where it works very well) so, if you want a more economical fluid-based 'system' combine a generic computer screen cleaning spray with a microfibre cloth and you will be well served.

A microfibre cloth also works well for cleaning the instrument cluster and (without using fluids) the windscreen itself. It's a good all-round solution.
Thankyou.
how about autoglym fast glass? they have advertised ot for cleaning of nav screens , plus I read around a couple of places about it

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use it from time-to-time on glass - it's good. It's very 'watery' - much like specific computer screen cleaners. Without knowing much, much more about it, I'd spend a couple of quid on a dedicated computer screen cleaner and be safe and sure. Even if the fast glass is chemically similar to computer screen cleaner, the bottle sprays much more fluid than a computer screen cleaner does as it's meant for much bigger areas so there's more risk of damage there if you don't spray it on a cloth first.
Please let us all know how you get on.

·
Registered
2019 Audi e-tron Launch Edition 55
91 Posts
I have been using only Meguairs Quick Interior Detailer spray and a micro fibre cloth for almost 2 years now. It’s absolutely intended for a zero streak finish with no buffing required.

I haven’t got any marks or scratches on the screen or changes in reflectivity or sheen.

Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner 473 ml for a Matt Finish https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001B0XDXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_nx2TFb9NPYVJ2

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up these while at my local Audi dealership. They cover the screen well but aren't like tempered glass or anything, and will pick up scratches if you press too hard, but as long as it protects the screen I'm good with them for the price. I like it because its an apply it and forget it thing. Had a Camry '18 Hy that had scratches/micro scratches develop on the screen and hated that, then I got infotainment screen protectors for every vehicle I've had since (only a '19 Rav4 Hy), and my eTron.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I picked up these while at my local Audi dealership. They cover the screen well but aren't like tempered glass or anything, and will pick up scratches if you press too hard, but as long as it protects the screen I'm good with them for the price. I like it because its an apply it and forget it thing. Had a Camry '18 Hy that had scratches/micro scratches develop on the screen and hated that, then I got infotainment screen protectors for every vehicle I've had since (only a '19 Rav4 Hy), and my eTron.
Been meaning to look at those. Do they have a glossy finish as well? We had a more matte type protector in our Odyssey and it was nice because it resisted fingerprints pretty well.

Other than that we generally keep a microfiber towel in the car for the dust on the IP as well as for wiping down the screens every so often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts