Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone hang the wire of E-tron charger on the wall if you just install NEMA 14-50 Plug and plug in your charger that come with Audi E-tron? Is there a charger hanger that we can install on the wall? Thanks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm pretty sure Audi still sells a wall mount and I recall that it is not cheap...between $70-$80. Check AudiUSAParts.com. I use the Audi charger, but in order for my cable distances to work, I strap the charger box flat to a low table using bungee cables.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the mount for the Audi charger, works fairly well. One thing I don't like about the Audi charger is how hot it gets when charging. I know it's likely within tolerance but I don't remember my juice box charger for a previous car getting this hot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it getting hot. Everything is UL listed.
When we park our fire engines in the bay we plug them in, and those plugs get very warm as well. Rigs still last well into the 100,000s of miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, we bought the wall hangar in August. It's part number:
8V4-915-899​
E-tron Charger Wall Bracket​
$73.16​
We got a message they are having a Black Friday sale so you may be able to get this for less.

The hangar works well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, we bought the wall hangar in August. It's part number:
8V4-915-899​
E-tron Charger Wall Bracket​
$73.16​
We got a message they are having a Black Friday sale so you may be able to get this for less.

The hangar works well.
Which company that you order from? Link to the product?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts