Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or in other words how not to pay the ridiculously expensive data plans?

Is there any way to go into the MIB 3 system and modify the eSIM number?

I've try Google / YouTube and literally everywhere and haven't found answer...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is there not another SIM slot. I haven’t got my car yet but I’m sure I read somewhere that if you put a SIM card in it would default to using that rather than the in car one.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm in the US and have a 2019 E Tron 55. At least in the US there is no SIM slot. Following the lead of BMW, there is only the built in eSIM for internet. In 2019 models AT&T provides subscription service; in 2021, Verizon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in the US and have a 2019 E Tron 55. At least in the US there is no SIM slot. Following the lead of BMW, there is only the built in eSIM for internet. In 2019 models AT&T provides subscription service; in 2010, Verizon.
Can you change provide?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can't! You're stuck with the same provider and his tariffs... Can you change to cheaper provider?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
eSIMs should be still transferable between carriers, that is the basic premise of this technology - no more physical SIM cards, just change carrier and move on with life. Plenty of guides on how to do it out there, but I will wait to try it out when my 6 months' subscription trial ends.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
786 Posts
No, but based on the reading, eSIM should be transferable between operators. That's the whole premise behind it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts