Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 e-tron Prestige, antigua blue
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does the car automatically shut off if you leave it in park and exit??

I have pets that if I’m traveling somewhere with them and need to stop, I’d need to keep the car (climate control) running while I take the keys with me.

Is there any way to do this? Preferably by default instead of having to do it manually each time?

thank God the first time I left my pet in the car and exited, I returned to check to make sure it was still on. Pretty horrifying to find that it had shut off and he would have been dead if I had left him in the heat for several minutes

·
Registered
132 Posts
Two easy options:

When you park, turn off the car. It'll pop up on option for interior monitoring. That'll keep the ac going for the amount of time you set the timer too. This is the as designed solution.

The less graceful option is to park, turn off the car, take off your seat belt, open the door, and then turn the car back on with the door open.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron Prestige, antigua blue
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! I have noticed that climate screen pop up when you shut the car off, always thought that was for it to start warming the car up the next time you drive as opposed to immediately

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mine will stay on if there’s a front passenger in the car. Interestingly, when I return to the car and open the door, then the car turns off. This is still far preferable to the behavior of my I-Pace. There, as soon as I’d get out of car, passenger or no passenger, the car turned off. That used to annoy my wife no end. Her invariable response would be, “Stupid car”. 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts