Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
e Tron GT with lots of goodies
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the HUD on the GT not show navigation instructions? Mine only seems to indicate speed, distance to the car in front of me, that sort of thing, but doesn’t include any turn instructions.

Also, I sometimes see a green icon in the virtual cockpit, more or less in the center. It’s something of a line, at about a 50-60 degree angle, and it has a smaller something-or-other under the top right. Any idea what that might be? It sort of makes me think of a brake pedal with a spring underneath it…

·
Registered
2022 RS E Tron GT
26 Posts
I think the green Icon is one telling you to BACKOFF of the car ahead as it thinks you are more than 2 seconds from them. There is a sub-menu in the MMI wherein you can change this. I also think that if you dig in to the MMI menu that you would find settings for what is shown in the HUD and chose if the navigation shows up consistently or only at turns, or not at all. If you have not set those then your HUD shows only the preset stuff. (I think, I am not an expert)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does the HUD on the GT not show navigation instructions? Mine only seems to indicate speed, distance to the car in front of me, that sort of thing, but doesn’t include any turn instructions.

Also, I sometimes see a green icon in the virtual cockpit, more or less in the center. It’s something of a line, at about a 50-60 degree angle, and it has a smaller something-or-other under the top right. Any idea what that might be? It sort of makes me think of a brake pedal with a spring underneath it…
There is nav in HUD, but once again you must set it in the MMI.
The green foot is a indicator for energy consumption related to the speed signs it has read.
So you are going too fast / car in eco mode is "burning" too much power :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is nav in HUD, but once again you must set it in the MMI.
The green foot is a indicator for energy consumption related to the speed signs it has read.
So you are going too fast / car in eco mode is "burning" too much power :)
Awesome, thanks for both answers. I’ll find my way through that MMI setting when various work emergencies settle down this weekend. :p And thanks for the clarification - when I looked at it again this morning, I realized that the icon is a foot with an arrow on it; and yeah, I can well imagine that from time to time I might be going too fast in this car… 😂

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think the green Icon is one telling you to BACKOFF of the car ahead as it thinks you are more than 2 seconds from them. There is a sub-menu in the MMI wherein you can change this. I also think that if you dig in to the MMI menu that you would find settings for what is shown in the HUD and chose if the navigation shows up consistently or only at turns, or not at all. If you have not set those then your HUD shows only the preset stuff. (I think, I am not an expert)
The “back off” icon on other Audi’s is a red exclamation point with something like lightning bolts on either side. And its obnoxious.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I figured it out. Navigation was already enabled on my HUD; it just really, really sucks!

Apparently it only shows you the name of the street you’re supposed to turn on to. I had figured it would show me an arrow or something, at least. Come on Audi, up your game here!

·
Registered
89 Posts
So I figured it out. Navigation was already enabled on my HUD; it just really, really sucks!

Apparently it only shows you the name of the street you’re supposed to turn on to. I had figured it would show me an arrow or something, at least. Come on Audi, up your game here!
Hmm not true, you have not found it then

·
Registered
127 Posts
The green take your foot off accelerator is the "help" it gives you efficiency and honestly I am completely confused by WHEN it tells me to do that. I am not sure if sometimes its predictive based on the nav destination and/or terrain data (like maybe downhill?)

·
Registered
213 Posts

So I don’t understand why the flagship of the Audi line does not have the insanely cool HUD that is on the new Audi Q4 with augmented reality. The Q4 gets it but not the top end GT? Strange.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I don’t understand why the flagship of the Audi line does not have the insanely cool HUD that is on the new Audi Q4 with augmented reality. The Q4 gets it but not the top end GT? Strange.
Right??? My mistake, as I’d not taken a GT with a HUD for a test drive and had taken a Q4, but I assumed it’d be more or less the same. Boy, was I disappointed.

Hm same settings here. Maybe it just shows arrows as you drive along. Sorry
Thanks for looking! Unfortunately, mine’s not showing any arrows or such. If you can confirm sometime that you DO see arrows on the HUD when you take it for a drive next time, I’ll swing by the dealer and ask what‘s up…

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This article, at least, seems to imply that the Q4 has a newer system.

While it may not be quite as quick as its GT cousin, Audi’s upcoming Q4 e-tron compact crossover EV will have a few new tricks that the sedan does not. Specifically, the Q4 will come equipped with a slick, albeit optional, augmented reality heads-up display (HUD) able to display critical driving data directly into the driver’s line of sight.

·
Registered
181 Posts
So if you look on the configurator (UK) and select the HUD option, info, it shows this as being what should be displayed.

Water Triangle Font Parallel Circle

Now if it doesn't and I paid extra for it (which I have) I will be pi$$ed. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So if you look on the configurator (UK) and select the HUD option, info, it shows this as being what should be displayed.

View attachment 3586

Now if it doesn't and I paid extra for it (which I have) I will be pi$$ed. :)
That’s got me wondering if I’m running an old software version or something (despite the car being a week old, with 0km when I picked it up). Because mine looks nothing like that!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not the best photo, but this is what I get. It’s like Chrisbarber’s image, but without the map. Turn off the Navigation Display in the settings that I showed above, and the street (Skovskellet) disappears. Definitely feels like an issue. :)

Cloud Sky Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

1 - 20 of 93 Posts