Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not the best photo, but this is what I get. It’s like Chrisbarber’s image, but without the map. Turn off the Navigation Display in the settings that I showed above, and the street (Skovskellet) disappears. Definitely feels like an issue. :)

View attachment 3587
Okay Corbet's. Mines the same when stationary. So don't worry it will show arrows when you drive along. I'm sure of it, unless your Navi isn't updated ofcourse

·
Registered
9 Posts
Okay Corbet's. Mines the same when stationary. So don't worry it will show arrows when you drive along. I'm sure of it, unless your Navi isn't updated ofcourse
Yup - just had a quick look in the garage, and my HUD shows the same when parked, even with a destination programmed. The virtual cockpit display in the speedo does have directions, though. (Wouldn't be much help posting a picture here, as at the moment it only shows an arrow and "off road").

When I'm on the move, the nav shows in the HUD direction and turn arrows, street names** and (so far) pretty good lane guidance. The HUD also shows if there's a junction or two before my turn, and marks mine with a blue arrow. It's possibly not as "flash" as the Q4 system, but it's certainly a step up from the system I had n my 2015 A8. The green early warning "slow down" symbols for junctions, roundabouts and roadworks seem to work well enough. I think that's part of the "predictive assist" system. Still learning from the book!

**Here's a note and a question. Recently, the street name in the HUD "flickers" a lot, most especially if a road has a name and a number. It seems as if the nav can't decide whether to show the local or trunk name for a road, and it's very irritating. I'm not sure if there's been an update that's started this behaviour, as I had not noticed it before about a week ago (ish). Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yup - just had a quick look in the garage, and my HUD shows the same when parked, even with a destination programmed. The virtual cockpit display in the speedo does have directions, though. (Wouldn't be much help posting a picture here, as at the moment it only shows an arrow and "off road").

When I'm on the move, the nav shows in the HUD direction and turn arrows, street names** and (so far) pretty good lane guidance. The HUD also shows if there's a junction or two before my turn, and marks mine with a blue arrow. It's possibly not as "flash" as the Q4 system, but it's certainly a step up from the system I had n my 2015 A8. The green early warning "slow down" symbols for junctions, roundabouts and roadworks seem to work well enough. I think that's part of the "predictive assist" system. Still learning from the book!

**Here's a note and a question. Recently, the street name in the HUD "flickers" a lot, most especially if a road has a name and a number. It seems as if the nav can't decide whether to show the local or trunk name for a road, and it's very irritating. I'm not sure if there's been an update that's started this behaviour, as I had not noticed it before about a week ago (ish). Has anyone else seen this?
Nice one, I agree with all you've said. It even shows how many turnoffs the roundabouts have in the HUD.
There's no flickering or updates here, I'm not even sure if it has OTA

·
Registered
213 Posts
This article, at least, seems to imply that the Q4 has a newer system.

While it may not be quite as quick as its GT cousin, Audi’s upcoming Q4 e-tron compact crossover EV will have a few new tricks that the sedan does not. Specifically, the Q4 will come equipped with a slick, albeit optional, augmented reality heads-up display (HUD) able to display critical driving data directly into the driver’s line of sight.

I am well aware of that.

My point is when building the GT, the very latest and greatest from Audi should be going into this car.

Tesla at one point did the same thing: their focus on the Model 3 meant many “tech” items were better, and got released faster, on that model then the significantly more expensive Model S.

If something new and great is going to be released by Audi, it SHOULD be in the flagship car.

·
Registered
e Tron GT with lots of goodies
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sorry Corbets, just want to help. nav arrows I've made this video for you just now. Sorry for the long take. Best I could do on short notice. Br Anders
Appreciate it, just frustrated that mine was broke before I even picked it up. Thought I left that behind with the Tesla. ;-)

I am well aware of that.

My point is when building the GT, the very latest and greatest from Audi should be going into this car.

Tesla at one point did the same thing: their focus on the Model 3 meant many “tech” items were better, and got released faster, on that model then the significantly more expensive Model S.

If something new and great is going to be released by Audi, it SHOULD be in the flagship car.
You may have been aware of it, but I wasn’t! I meant to be emphasizing your point, not arguing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem. Audi had my car for 2 days and failed to solve the problem. They have sent some data they collected to the factory in Germany and will get back when they have a solution.
When they had my car I got to borrow their show car and it worked as intended with navigation information in the hud so its definately a problem with my car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I have the same problem. Audi had my car for 2 days and failed to solve the problem. They have sent some data they collected to the factory in Germany and will get back when they have a solution.
When they had my car I got to borrow their show car and it worked as intended with navigation information in the hud so its definately a problem with my car.
thanks for the info. Will be helpful when I talk to them tomorrow!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So I was in an Audi shop today. Frustratingly, they told me that my HUD is working perfectly, and that turn by turn directions simply aren’t included on mine!

Given that the Audi configuration tool clearly shows them, and other forum users - including you, Anders, here in Denmark - have got them, I chose not to accept that response. I’ve gone back to the leasing company that sold me the car and politely insisted on getting an official, documented explanation that the feature is not included in my car and why that is the case. We’ll see what happens.

A part of me wonders if it’s some weird software fault linked to the fact that I can’t yet log in to my MMI. Who knows, but I’ll update when I have a response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I was in an Audi shop today. Frustratingly, they told me that my HUD is working perfectly, and that turn by turn directions simply aren’t included on mine!

Given that the Audi configuration tool clearly shows them, and other forum users - including you, Anders, here in Denmark - have got them, I chose not to accept that response. I’ve gone back to the leasing company that sold me the car and politely insisted on getting an official, documented explanation that the feature is not included in my car and why that is the case. We’ll see what happens.

A part of me wonders if it’s some weird software fault linked to the fact that I can’t yet log in to my MMI. Who knows, but I’ll update when I have a response.
Im also unable to log in to my MMI so you may be on to something there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Im also unable to log in to my MMI so you may be on to something there.
For what it’s worth, I proposed this to Audi Denmark just now. The support person didn’t know, but checked with his colleagues, who told him that it’s possible that some HUD functionality depends on MyAudi services, so not being logged into the MMI may impact it.

A tenuous thread at best, but just FYI. They also weren’t able to give me any indication as to when they’d get back about me not being able to log into the MMI, so it’s a kick-the-can-down-the-road sort of answer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Audi just got back to me. They have had my car in for troubleshooting for 2 weeks and can't fix it.
They have been in contact with the factory that confirms that this is a known problem.
They are working as hard as they can to fix it but refuse to give an estimate on when they will have a fix.
Beeing in the it business to me this sounds like the regular nonsense from the development department. I don't expect a fix in a reasonable amount of time so out of principle I will return the car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
FWIW, my car is supposed to have this feature but does not. I don't have any problem with logging into my MMI, being a key user or app connectivity, so that may not be part of the problem after all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Audi just got back to me. They have had my car in for troubleshooting for 2 weeks and can't fix it.
They have been in contact with the factory that confirms that this is a known problem.
They are working as hard as they can to fix it but refuse to give an estimate on when they will have a fix.
Beeing in the it business to me this sounds like the regular nonsense from the development department. I don't expect a fix in a reasonable amount of time so out of principle I will return the car.
For what it’s worth, mine finally got fixed this week… or at least, the login issue did. Audi Connect DK told me to contact my dealer and ask them to follow the TPI 2065012/1 process. Turned out to be a software update; when I wrote, the dealer said the software wasn’t out yet. I wrote a very angry letter back to Audi Connect DK, but the next day (5 days after they had written me originally) apparently the software version was released. Notably, the login feature only started working about 8 hours after installation, and required me to remove myself as the key user and add myself again.

Still no navigation in the HUD, though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had the not being able to logon to the MMI other than just guest since I picked the car up 2 months ago, the dealer was obviously not aware of this known problem either as together we have tried fixing it by completely removing me, resetting back to factory defaults and re-adding me back all without success- I have now logged this problem as a complaint with the Audi UK (no response from them as yet). If I was made aware of the SAT Nav 'Heads up Display' not giving the turn-by-turn instructions I would probably never of ordered it as an extra, its such a brilliant feature and makes the navigation guidance so much easier to follow.

Surely what must be recognised as the flagship currently in the Audi Electric range it should most certainly have also included this feature, do you think it will it be just an software update?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have had the not being able to logon to the MMI other than just guest since I picked the car up 2 months ago, the dealer was obviously not aware of this known problem either as together we have tried fixing it by completely removing me, resetting back to factory defaults and re-adding me back all without success- I have now logged this problem as a complaint with the Audi UK (no response from them as yet). If I was made aware of the SAT Nav 'Heads up Display' not giving the turn-by-turn instructions I would probably never of ordered it as an extra, its such a brilliant feature and makes the navigation guidance so much easier to follow.

Surely what must be recognised as the flagship currently in the Audi Electric range it should most certainly have also included this feature, do you think it will it be just an software update?
The feature is available, you and Corbets are the only ones on this forum that can't get it to work :(

21 - 40 of 93 Posts