Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also have the map once I start driving. Will try to take a better picture somewhere this weekend!
That would be excellent as my dealer has checked it out and reports back to me that it is working correctly, when I configured my car the illustration showed the HUB clearly showing the direction arrows/map so I added it at the cost of £1,395, now how disappointing when I set a destination in the MMI Navigation all that is seen is the next road but no turn by turn arrows etc....

·
Registered
9 Posts
That would be excellent as my dealer has checked it out and reports back to me that it is working correctly, when I configured my car the illustration showed the HUB clearly showing the direction arrows/map so I added it at the cost of £1,395, now how disappointing when I set a destination in the MMI Navigation all that is seen is the next road but no turn by turn arrows etc....
Not the best picture (difficult with this nice weather today), but you can clearly see the map etc.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface Asphalt Font

·
Registered
e-tron GT Vorsprung Kemora Grey
117 Posts
Tire Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

I’d read some of this thread before but wasn’t quite sure what the issue was but had a reread today so thought I’d check mine, and here’s how it looks (excuse the backdrop, I was struggling to get a clear picture). So I take it mine is as it should be - mostly a June build (but was one of the ones parked at the factory for almost 2 months waiting missing parts) so left the factory in late August.

·
Registered
36 Posts
View attachment 4495

I’d read some of this thread before but wasn’t quite sure what the issue was but had a reread today so thought I’d check mine, and here’s how it looks (excuse the backdrop, I was struggling to get a clear picture). So I take it mine is as it should be - mostly a June build (but was one of the ones parked at the factory for almost 2 months waiting missing parts) so left the factory in late August.
Picked my E-tron GT up in later November 2021 but all I get is the street/road name to travel on next when a MMI SAT NAV destination is set, is it just a software upgrade required for the HUD to show this superb illustration.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Picked my E-tron GT up in later November 2021 but all I get is the street/road name to travel on next when a MMI SAT NAV destination is set, is it just a software upgrade required for the HUD to show this superb illustration.
Seems to have gone quiet regarding this issue when using the HUD after setting up a destination on the MMI Navigation, it appears the some e-tron GT/RS car's have this working perfectly showing all instructions clearly on the windscreen, where as most of us only get the next road to travel on showing on the HUD, this is simply not good enough Audi !!! has anyone managed to get this sorted? as I believe it can be resolved with a simple software upgrade.

·
Registered
e Tron GT with lots of goodies
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Seems to have gone quiet regarding this issue when using the HUD after setting up a destination on the MMI Navigation, it appears the some e-tron GT/RS car's have this working perfectly showing all instructions clearly on the windscreen, where as most of us only get the next road to travel on showing on the HUD, this is simply not good enough Audi !!! has anyone managed to get this sorted? as I believe it can be resolved with a simple software upgrade.
Well, as I wrote above, Audi has told me it needs a software upgrade, and the software hasn’t been written yet. So I’d be rather surprised if anyone had this fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't been fully following this thread, so apologies if this is not of relevance, but I'm driving a May 2021 GT Vorpsrung with HUD showing the same graphics as @bkehoe when using the onboard navigation as another data point. I bought it 2nd-hand in February 2022 from a UK Audi dealership, so suspect it's probably been fully updated with all available updates to that point.

Anecdotally: Previously I drove a 2014 A6 with HUD which had similar graphics - so it seems counter-intuitive that a correctly working HUD wouldn't have these to me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my e-tron GT since Dec 2021, was unable to log into the MMI this was fixed at the end of Feb, HUD still only shows street names when navigating though, very frustrating!

·
Registered
e-tron GT Vorsprung Kemora Grey
117 Posts
Well, as I wrote above, Audi has told me it needs a software upgrade, and the software hasn’t been written yet. So I’d be rather surprised if anyone had this fixed.
I wonder if it's the newer versions of the software that broke things and those of us with older cars have a version that works properly?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi all, so I took delivery of my eTron GT Quattro today, drove up the road and HUD worked as advertised, had the map and turn directions etc. was not disappointed, it is telling me there is a map update but may ignore that for now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, so I took delivery of my eTron GT Quattro today, drove up the road and HUD worked as advertised, had the map and turn directions etc. was not disappointed, it is telling me there is a map update but may ignore that for now.
Exciting Times! We even some sunshine today for your inaugural drive! 😁🌞🌞

As for the map updates and the HUD, mine works, but it can't seem to settle on whether to display the road name or number in the HUD, and that leads to a lot of "flicking" on the road name display. I haven't dared update anything, though, as I don't want to lose the fully functioning map on the HUD. I downloaded the 21GB update last week, but it's still sitting on the USB stick for now.
My GT is a July 2021 build that I bought in October 2021. Not sure how to find out what map version I have, though?

Cheers, and watch out for those funny looking white cars with the yellow and blue stickers!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine doesn't have the navigation graphics in the HUD, January 2022 build. I don't use navigation too much anyway so its not a deal breaker for me but I'll get a software update at some stage to fix it.

·
Registered
Audi e tron GT
3 Posts
I received my e tron GT two weeks ago, it now has a total of 600 km on the road, but it's produced late autumn 2021. I experience the same problem as many of you. Just the name of the road appears in the HUD when using navi, no arrows. My dealer updated the software on my car two days ago, but that didn't help. Since this seems to be a problem on never cars, could it be that Audi has dropped this functionality because of the chip shortage?

61 - 80 of 93 Posts