Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RS E Tron GT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just so many issues - seems like the car has been not working more often than it has been working. Engineers are unresponsive from Audi Germany and it is spending too many days at the dealer collecting dust as they await the word from the gremlins.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me too. I have the etron GT RS. So disappointed. The main issue that makes it actually painful is the full glass roof vibrates at speed and causes a change in the barometric pressure inside the car, this causes a constant pressure wave, giving me headaches. i have read on another post that it was EMF, likely it is pressure. I bought a sensor to measure it off of Amazon and sure enough the pressure changes quite a bit over time. See attached graph.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,247 Posts
Given that the pressure change is roughly 0.5 bar

Handwriting Rectangle Slope Gesture Font

I'd rather bet it might be some sort of a low frequency noise rather than pressure changes. People react really bad to low frequency (sub 10 Hz) noise. Your pressure theory is not plausible, though. You get more of less the same pressure changes anyway because of wind, someone closing the door, walking arund etc.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Given that the pressure change is roughly 0.5 bar

View attachment 5356

I'd rather bet it might be some sort of a low frequency noise rather than pressure changes. People react really bad to low frequency (sub 10 Hz) noise. Your pressure theory is not plausible, though. You get more of less the same pressure changes anyway because of wind, someone closing the door, walking arund etc.

I tend to agree. A change of 0.5 millibars is not much of a change at all. Driving from a sunny to a rainy area will likely give you more of a pressure change as that can be up to 20 millibars in change.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
As I posted on the other related thread. Body "booming" in EV's is not exclusive to the etron GT. People have complained about it for the SUV/Sportback as well, and it is not confined to Audi brand. Some people seem to be more sensitive to it than others:

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
i
just so many issues - seems like the car has been not working more often than it has been working. Engineers are unresponsive from Audi Germany and it is spending too many days at the dealer collecting dust as they await the word from the gremlins.
Hi there, did you Lemon the car? I am considering the same thing, but have no idea for the next car yet...

·
Registered
11 Posts
@
VaRealtor
In one year I experienced a change of passenger seat because it creaked .. replacement of the first right light ... one part of the air conditioning, which disabled then connected to the Android app (although I was told for 3 months that the problem is in the Android app and I could not warm up the car before entering in winter) ... a sudden announcement that the driving assistants have stopped working (and I have the whole family in the car) and these announcements confuse you so much that you would crash twice soon ... that the tires come off for better contact .. and that when you bring the car out of the car wash and open the crate everything flows inside ... squeaking when the rear tailgate opens ... that the door opening sensor with the foot doesn't always work (if you're lucky) ... when you spray the windshield with water always flows water to the driver's side window (very annoying) ... when you talk on the phone while driving through BT one such annoying sound appears .. but not while listening to music .. they said it was a microphone with my phone. .we tried 3 phones and still the same ... they opened and looked .. now there are still some cracks in that part while driving ... I had to take it to 4x + for service, because the AUDI MMI application was never completely updated, it always reported one error at the end of the update .. The navigation was never updated either. .. 3x visit ... every time you unbuckle your seat belt and get out of the car the metal pin hits the post so that it is already quite healthy (they say let me write and they will take this into account) ... there are also some errors for which they know and they don't have a solution for them yet .. they told me directly ... I also drive my family in the car :( ... the car was 178K € 1 year ago and then full of discount equipment except ceramic and night vision .. but since it was a group purchase the car ended up being € 148K ... after one year I was offered / Audi to buy back € 125K .....

also this:
I own an Audi RS etron GT and I see one big problem ... When driving in Dynamic or Economy mode the car is at a certain higher altitude ... and when you park so you have the front over the curb it's ok ... When you turn off the car and then you turn it ON again, but the car always goes into Comfort mode, which is lower than the previous two, which means that when you start, you slide down the curb with the front spoiler ...
I've heard this happens with other Audi models ... how can it be said that the car would stay in the same mode when it was started when you turned it off ... for example in Dynamic mode ...

what will you say to all these problems .... :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts