Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe you get 15mins on PodPoint, unless you download their app, select charger and confirm the charge. You then get much longer, still for free in most cases.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe you get 15mins on PodPoint, unless you download their app, select charger and confirm the charge. You then get much longer, still for free in most cases.
That's what I did. I'm getting a PodPoint home charger installed in a couple of weeks, so it made sense to download their app.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Efficiency. EVs make such great use of the relatively small amount of energy they carry around.
The markup on a pack of gum at Whole Foods pretty much makes up for the charge session. (OK, maybe not gum, but certainly a bag of chips)..

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's worth checking in the PodPoint app what the rates are at different times of the day. I have one local to me that is free after 6pm Monday to Friday. It's in a car park next to (but not "at") my local supermarket that's also free to park in after 6pm.

I just got about 30 miles range added while I shopped this evening. It's a 22kW post so I got 11kW charge rate in my e-tron 50.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All public charging in N. Ireland is free at the moment and I am lucky enough live very close to a 22kw charger that is almost always vacant. So I drive to it with my dog, park up for a charge at 11kw and walk the dog for 45 minutes to an hour. I get a chance to do this 4-5 times per week and it accounts for around half my required charging total.

So for ~2000 miles in just over 2 months ownership I have paid around £62. Normally with my previous diesel SUV I would have paid ~£240 for the same miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts