Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for anyone who has installed these illuminated rings on their grill.
I assume the e-tron uses the same rings as the Q7 28.5cm.
There appear to be several sources, some are black, some chrome, some with colored or animated lights.

Automotive lighting Bicycle part Font Audio equipment Cable

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting White

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,444 Posts
I had one on Q5. The effect is underwhelming at best. The images show ideal glow, the reality is not that wonderful. You can see individual LED instances, and also the fit is a problem, i.e., they are made universal so fitting them into existing system will be problematic. Next challenge is pulling power from somewhere. With EV, each circuit is monitored so you might need to find a good spot to pull power from. Last but not least, pulling the original logo is a pain and most likely you will have to break the locks to get it out right.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,444 Posts
Add on, the Amazon website photo is pretty much what it looks like: very uneven glow, looks cheap and nasty. If it was done well and the diffuser was done right, heck, it would be an nice add on. For ~20$ you will get a few LEDs and a cheap plastic light guide.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Daytime Grille

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had one on Q5. The effect is underwhelming at best. The images show ideal glow, the reality is not that wonderful. You can see individual LED instances, and also the fit is a problem, i.e., they are made universal so fitting them into existing system will be problematic. Next challenge is pulling power from somewhere. With EV, each circuit is monitored so you might need to find a good spot to pull power from. Last but not least, pulling the original logo is a pain and most likely you will have to break the locks to get it out right.
Did you use the gaojihuiccc item like I linked at Amazon?
The light looks a bit on the blue side as well.
I'm seeing illuminated rings on the new Audi models coming out, so maybe an Audi part number will surface.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,444 Posts
Did you use the gaojihuiccc item like I linked at Amazon?
Yes, many vendors sell them, it is not just Amazon
The light looks a bit on the blue side as well.
Yes, it look odd. I took it off after a few weeks because it was just odd and did not like it so much. it looks nice and neat on photos, but reality is not that the good.
I'm seeing illuminated rings on the new Audi models coming out, so maybe an Audi part number will surface.
I saw that but I am not sure it will be made available for retrofit

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wouldn't even risk it. Audi is such a beautiful car. And once having removed the original badge, you will never insert it back as it was before. And to change all the grille with a badge to the original set is not a cheap pleasure at all!
Whether such results are worth it is up to you! If you do this, please show the result

1 - 6 of 6 Posts