Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If you have an I-Pace already I would absolutely wait for the upcoming EV-platform releases.
That's the thing. I'm not in any great 'need' for a new car, so I can wait if that's the best path. However I have test driven the E-Tron and the ride is a certainly enticing.

I assume your suggestion to wait is based upon the expected increase in range with the new platform releases?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
My current eTron range is more than sufficient for 95% of my trips, so extra range would not personally motivate me to switch / upgrade. Yes, if it is available when I am on the market for a next one, it would be nice, but I have found a car finally I do not feel like swapping in after a few weeks of driving so I will stay where I am. Yes, I am darn picky about the car handling and road behavior.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
236 Posts
That's the thing. I'm not in any great 'need' for a new car, so I can wait if that's the best path. However I have test driven the E-Tron and the ride is a certainly enticing.

I assume your suggestion to wait is based upon the expected increase in range with the new platform releases?
Based on test driving the ID.4, and knowing that there are so many options on the way from BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche and others.
If the Q4 is a better version of the ID.4 with standard AWD things are looking pretty good. :)

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
That's pretty much where i am as far as second EV is concerned. I like the Q4 resign and looks and it should be affordable enough to put the gutted ID.4 to shame

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
141 Posts
Depends on whether you want a deal- then, that would be now. IRC, the prices for the 2019 eTron at release were pretty high- especially compared to last summer (and now in CA)- absurdly high that I would have kicked myself if I had been that 1st adopter when ppl could pick up the same vehicle for nearly 50% off the payment.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Based on test driving the ID.4, and knowing that there are so many options on the way from BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche and others.
If the Q4 is a better version of the ID.4 with standard AWD things are looking pretty good. :)
Did you personally get to test drive the ID4? Many good things being said about it, but it looks like a toy inside.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Depends on whether you want a deal- then, that would be now. IRC, the prices for the 2019 eTron at release were pretty high- especially compared to last summer (and now in CA)- absurdly high that I would have kicked myself if I had been that 1st adopter when ppl could pick up the same vehicle for nearly 50% off the payment.
Deals around here total about $8,000 off plus the $7,500 tax credit.

·
Registered
2019 Audi eTron Prestige, 2019 Audi eTron Premium Plus, 2019 Audi Q5 Premium Plus, 87 Saleen Mustang
141 Posts
$16750 incentives in CA for Premium, $18000 for Premium Plus, etc.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
236 Posts
Did you personally get to test drive the ID4? Many good things being said about it, but it looks like a toy inside.
Yes, I had about 30 minutes with it. Very impressive for the money. Fun factor isn’t there, but the AWD version with an extra 100 hp might change that.
What’s wrong with your I-Pace? I had a blast driving that car. It’s quite comfortable too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Yes, I had about 30 minutes with it. Very impressive for the money. Fun factor isn’t there, but the AWD version with an extra 100 hp might change that.
What’s wrong with your I-Pace? I had a blast driving that car. It’s quite comfortable too.
Nothing wrong with the I-Pace aside from a quirky infotainment system and concerns over Jaguar’s financial stability. However after driving the E-Tron, I do prefer the ride of the Audi.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Lease the etron, by the time the Q4 or I4 is out your lease will nearly be up.
That would be an alternative, but I'd expect the Q4 will be out & available this time next year. So with a typical 3 year lease I'd still have 2 years to go or for a pricier 2 year lease, 1 year to go. I do think enough will be revealed in a couple of weeks for me to make a decision, wait or pull the trigger now. I think in April there will be similar deals on the E-Tron.

One thing I've noticed is that many dealers have absolutely nothing incoming. I find that odd and puzzling and/or concerning.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm sure that's true, but no incoming? That's just weird. I don't see that with other cars. They should at least have Vin #s or orders to indicate that eventually they'll be coming in. Nothing.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
I called in my local dealership the other day and they indicated 6+ months build time for anything new. They have 3 units with "typical" configuration coming in but then it will be a slow drip of on-demand configurations. It might have to do with Q4 becoming imminent for release or just darn long build queue. Battery shortage, chip shortage, etc. overlapping with increased demand.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
That same thought occurred to me, the Q4 is the priority now with production having started. I'd put more credibility on the chip shortages if I saw the same impact on other cars, but I don't.

I think once dealer inventory is cleared out on the E-Tron, it will be extremely hard to get. I'm also wondering if they may stop production sooner than later on the E-Tron given the Q4 beginning production and the Q6 on the near horizon.

Confusing times.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
Look at what is happening with Ford, Chevy, and others - factories being idled so it is not just some small gossip floating around. This is affecting auto industry big time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Oh, absolutely. I'm only pointing out that it seems the E-Tron availability has been curtailed far more than other cars. I think you'd be hard pressed to find most car models where dealers say there's absolutely nothing incoming. Given this severity, although chip shortage can certainly factor in, there seems to be something more to this than just that. They've begun Q4 production despite any chip shortages. So there's that too.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
336 Posts
If they did, I am in the queue to have one test driven and then just work on my better half to get her to switch over :)

21 - 40 of 61 Posts