Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
As we have discovered, annoyingly, the Q4 doesn’t have an in-built charging timer, and according to Audi Customer Service, there’s no date when this will be available. So for the time being I’m using the Pod Point app and a range extender to improve the signal. Where this is leading to is Audi CS in their reply have said even if there was an in-built timer, I would still have an issue using this if my home WiFi isn’t good enough. I didn’t think this was true, but could be completely wrong.

Your thoughts will be appreciate.
I had mine new q4 50 delivered in april 2022 and it came with the new mmi version 3669. I confirm charging schedulers are working from the MMI but not the mobile app (v 4.9). I can send photos if needed how to configure them. Not very user friendly but it least it works;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had mine new q4 50 delivered in april 2022 and it came with the new mmi version 3669. I confirm charging schedulers are working from the MMI but not the mobile app (v 4.9). I can send photos if needed how to configure them. Not very user friendly but it least it works;)
Also delivered April, but software version 3608?

I can only set timers for cabin heating
Gadget Font Electronic instrument Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Font Gadget Automotive exterior Plant Tints and shades

·
Registered
119 Posts
Also delivered April, but software version 3608?
Anecdotally, I think your vehicle needed a confirmed/planned build week 8 or later. If it just happened to be finished later than week 8 then that doesn’t count. 😞

Your manual is the first confirmation that the Q4 will support battery pre-conditioning prior to charging stops. Fingers crossed they roll the update out via the dealer network soon. 🤞

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anecdotally, I think your vehicle needed a confirmed/planned build week 8 or later. If it just happened to be finished later than week 8 then that doesn’t count. 😞

Your manual is the first confirmation that the Q4 will support battery pre-conditioning prior to charging stops. Fingers crossed they roll the update out via the dealer network soon. 🤞
Mine sat on production line waiting parts so who knows. Hopefully the hardware is there just need a software update?

it would be veryhelpful to have timer charge i I have off peak electric.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am also speechless because when I follow the link in the app I see a manual dated 06/2021 and no supplement.

The highlighted sections are completely missing.

My Q4 was registered October 2021 so I presume only later models have this capability.
I can’t believe they would change out the hardware to improve things, normally stuff gets dropped to save cash. Worrying for me, the app equipment list suggests I have the bigger screen, which I don’t, so fingers crossed my car didn’t fall in a hole of not getting charging hardware and also missing out on a bigger screen! 1st world problems

·
Registered
Q4 e-tron 35 S-line in Narvarra Blue
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi,

This explains why Audi Customer Service kept telling me there is an in-built charging timer as they were clearly reading the latest handbook! My car was registered November 2021, so I’ve looked at the manual and supplement using the MyAudi app and both are version English 09.21 and don’t include the text shown above. So what an earth is going on?

I’m reluctant to send yet another email asking why the later cars supposedly have the in-built timer according to the handbook, but my car doesn’t!

Worried I’m turning into Mr Angry.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

This explains why Audi Customer Service kept telling me there is an in-built charging timer as they were clearly reading the latest handbook! My car was registered November 2021, so I’ve looked at the manual and supplement using the MyAudi app and both are version English 09.21 and don’t include the text shown above. So what an earth is going on?

I’m reluctant to send yet another email asking why the later cars supposedly have the in-built timer according to the handbook, but my car doesn’t!

Worried I’m turning into Mr Angry.
My printed book is 9/2021, and doesn’t have the paragraphs, never thought to actually read the paper version. The plot thickens

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Going to send an email now to Audi, along with copies of the pages in the latest handbook to see what they say.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My car was registered November 2021, so I’ve looked at the manual and supplement using the MyAudi app and both are version English 09.21 and don’t include the text shown above. So what an earth is going on?
I think the newest revision of the manual simply describes the newest Q4 on-board software. If was originally scheduled for build week 48/2021 (December, half-way through the 2022 model year) but didn’t actually start rolling out to the factory until build week 8/2022 (late February) and will be made available to existing vehicles via the dealer network at some point in the future.

Presumably the myAudi app is trying to show the version applicable to each vehicle as it left the factory but in Ronochan’s case it isn’t quite right as their Q4 spent a long time in build waiting for the final parts. So their manual is actually newer than the current capabilities of their car’s software version. Things will resolve themselves when the software is updated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the newest revision of the manual simply describes the newest Q4 on-board software. If was originally scheduled for build week 48/2021 (December, half-way through the 2022 model year) but didn’t actually start rolling out to the factory until build week 8/2022 (late February) and will be made available to existing vehicles via the dealer network at some point in the future.

Presumably the myAudi app is trying to show the version applicable to each vehicle as it left the factory but in Ronochan’s case it isn’t quite right as their Q4 spent a long time in build waiting for the final parts. So their manual is actually newer than the current capabilities of their car’s software version. Things will resolve themselves when the software is updated.
Hope so, as the new app has stopped my ability to set charge target remotely.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had mine delivered yesterday and there is a charging timer. I managed to access via the menu that comes up when you turn off the car.
Can you access by the app also?

So you should also have a nice warm battery in the morning and also have a battery conditioned for fast charging if you navigate too it.

Sounds promising, so all we need is someone to report they have been upgraded following a garage visit to confirm the hardware is the same.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’ve not been able to properly connect the app to the car yet. It’s telling me to add myself as the primary user in the app, but I can’t find that option on either the car or the app.

if anyone has any pointers for that, I’d be grateful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve not been able to properly connect the app to the car yet. It’s telling me to add myself as the primary user in the app, but I can’t find that option on either the car or the app.

if anyone has any pointers for that, I’d be grateful.
Have you got the dealer to set you up as the key holder, won’t work till they have done that. You need to send them the email you used to reg on the app along with VIN number.

I think the app might be down at the moment, which happens from time to time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Great news about getting your car, and I’m sure you will enjoy owing it.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts