Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Once things are set up, you will find that you can setup a timer either through the MMI or through the MyAudi app. Be aware that the time is set according to your desired DEPARTURE time, and NOT by the time you you want the charging to start. Also, for the timer to actually work, you have to do two things: 1) you have to ENABLE it via the MyAudi app or MMI. That allows it to appear on the Shutdown Screen when you turn off the car, 2) THEN, you have to ACTIVATE it by pressing the icon to the left of the description (a red bar should appear) on the Shutdown Screen.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So- I’ve just been able to complete the app set up. It definitely has charge scheduling alongside climate control, glass heating etc. guess for those that don’t currently have it, maybe that means there’s an update coming down the line.

·
Registered
442 Posts
If only. I think regrettably for us early owners, we are the forgotten ones as far as Audi are concerned. Despite many attempts to get my app to resemble an app, it's useless. Does nothing and provides minimal information. My Peugeot app was a hundred times better. I watched a guy on you tube last night pick up his Rivian from the factory. He showed us setting up his app, phone key etc. Worked 1st time. Audi are useless at the moment.

·
Registered
Q4 e-tron 35 S-line in Narvarra Blue
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
As I’ve said before, there is more chance of me seeing Elvis Presley than getting the app to work properly, or seeing the updated version made available to earlier cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah. Other than the timers, it doesn’t seem to do much at all. My dad bought a Toyota hybrid recently and his app gives all sorts of info, car location, driving/efficiency feedback etc. this does seem a bit crap in comparison. Not to mention hassle to set up, needing to contact the dealer etc.

·
Registered
Q4 45 e-tron quattro
12 Posts
I had mine new q4 50 delivered in april 2022 and it came with the new mmi version 3669. I confirm charging schedulers are working from the MMI but not the mobile app (v 4.9). I can send photos if needed how to configure them. Not very user friendly but it least it works;)
Got the same software version on my Q4 45 produced in July 2022. However, the MMI on-board charging timer is not working. Now that I have an acknowledgement of the issue, Audi state that no solution is expected before the end of the year. Either I use expensive daytime power or I get up in the night to charge my brand new Audi Q4.

·
Registered
Q4 e-tron 35 S-line in Narvarra Blue
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I don’t have the In Car charging timer as I have the earlier software version, so use the charging point app to schedule off peak electricity to charge my Q4, and this works fine.

And very annoying about the issue you have as clearly Audi still haven’t got the software sorted!

How hard can this be?

·
Registered
Q4 45 e-tron quattro
12 Posts
Audi must be burning up their Brand and Customer goodwill at an alarming rate. You would have thought it would pay them to employ a handfull of additional software engineers before it takes them 20 years to repair the damage. I have told everyone I know and more and couldn't buy another Audi now.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts