Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
FWIW, both positive and negative battery posts unscrewed completely for me, so that the ends of the cables could be bolted down securely around the bottom of the posts. Someone else screwed their cable ends to the battery posts using worm clamps, which isn't really necessary (and isn't as clean an installation).

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got this one:

It comes with the cables to connect to the battery, like the instructions above. I like that the charger communicated with my smartphone via bluetooth so that I can see the status of the process. I had a different charger that gave no indication what it was doing when it was charging.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Curious why you would do this? I've had my car parked in the garage for 2 weeks and have no issue. I don't want to be fooled into going down a rabbit hole of doing a bunch of unnecessary things to my car lol
Because if it does happen to you, you have zero options other than to have your car towed to the dealer. It happened once to me when my GT was on top of a hauler. Believe me it is not fun. It isn't a rabbit hole IMO. It took me 5 minutes to buy a charger, and another 5 minutes to hook up the wires. Now I have access to the battery without opening the frunk if that should ever happen again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts