Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
TY for the write up, I plan to eventually do this once winter arrives.
ATM, if I am going away for more than 4-5 days, I just pop the frunk and leave a bright color towel wedged in the spring latch. Just in case...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Because if it does happen to you, you have zero options other than to have your car towed to the dealer. It happened once to me when my GT was on top of a hauler. Believe me it is not fun. It isn't a rabbit hole IMO. It took me 5 minutes to buy a charger, and another 5 minutes to hook up the wires. Now I have access to the battery without opening the frunk if that should ever happen again.
And based on other forum reports, just getting vehicle towed is another story in itself. Tow dollies, physical pulling of straps tied to the wheels, etc..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm curious if anyone has tried just running the positive lead from battery and waterproof it
There's a 12V lead in the driver's side footwell fuse panel for opening the frunk in the event of battery power being lost. You're not completely locked out of the frunk without a permanent charger connection.
The fuse panel/door jam option doesn't appear to be applicable for US market.
TSB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had some free time so decided to swing by auto store and grab battery tender cable. Made a minor change on mounting. A bit paranoid of heavy rains or car washing filling up the plastic shroud so I used 3M Dual Lock (used for front license plates) mounted to hood. Depending on how long your tender cable is, it may stay or detached upon frunk opening (I don't use the frunk).
Also measured voltage with Fluke multimeter and it looks good at 13.43V

Automotive design Carbon Automotive exterior Rim Audio equipment

Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades Automotive design

1 - 4 of 4 Posts