Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some sections in the interior of the E-Tron GT that are very sustainable to scratches.

I'm a big fan of using PPF on everything so here are some areas that will need attention

If there is a way to protect the seat belts buckle, it would avoid the scratches on the B Pillar. The B Pillar of the J1 platform is guaranteed to be scratched from ingress and egress and the seat belt hitting the hard plastic
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Window

These aluminum bits always scuff on every car
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

The plastic is not only a fingerprint magnet, but will easily scratch
Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Carbon

With ingress and egress not being the easiest with the J1, these will get scuffed in time
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for posting these, really useful. Having thought about potentially using a trim tool to remove the centre console Piano Black fascia to add PPF, I had another thinks bubble to possibly avoid liquid ingress from PPF application. Last year I bought a Rupes iBrid Nano to detail some exterior piano black trim on my S4 (as it was very sensitive to swirl marks despite trying to ensure clean mitts, two bucket cleaning etc)... Whilst I wouldn't do it every week, it may be small enough to do light periodic detailing to the centre console with a very fine polishing compound... Will report back once I take delivery of my GT in August.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting these, really useful. Having thought about potentially using a trim tool to remove the centre console Piano Black fascia to add PPF, I had another thinks bubble to possibly avoid liquid ingress from PPF application. Last year I bought a Rupes iBrid Nano to detail some exterior piano black trim on my S4 (as it was very sensitive to swirl marks despite trying to ensure clean mitts, two bucket cleaning etc)... Whilst I wouldn't do it every week, it may be small enough to do light periodic detailing to the centre console with a very fine polishing compound... Will report back once I take delivery of my GT in August.

The good news with Etron GT and Taycan is they have no black piano on the exterior.

Black on he side is glass so no need to PPF or polish, unlike your S4
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Rear black piece is also glass, no need for polishing
Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I love the Rupes Nano.

My goal is to have the Dash piece and center console polished on delivery, then PPFed, if possible without damaging the electronics. Also PPF the MMI screen to reduce finger prints.

I have an illness that I think Im at a concourse anytime I look at a car, so Ill be looking at the mico marring on the cheap plastic 24x7

·
Registered
87 Posts
The good news with Etron GT and Taycan is they have no black piano on the exterior.

View attachment 5675

View attachment 5676

I love the Rupes Nano.

My goal is to have the Dash piece and center console polished on delivery, then PPFed, if possible without damaging the electronics. Also PPF the MMI screen to reduce finger prints.

I have an illness that I think Im at a concourse anytime I look at a car, so Ill be looking at the mico marring on the cheap plastic 24x7
Totally agreed with you! This is a great design for using glass here!

Only issue is my Kemora one's front face is black, plastic black >_<

·
Registered
94 Posts

View attachment 5675

View attachment 5676

I love the Rupes Nano.

Indeed... It might work on the interior Piano Black finish though ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
All of the interior or certain sections?
He didn't specify, but said he wouldn't want to do the piano black on the inside as there'd be too much water used in the process, and that around the dash and components, that would be risky. He might think otherwise for things like the door entry plates, but I'd still be worried about overspray of water into contact with the carpet and seats, if nothing else.

For the piano black on the dash and the video screen, can't we do something like the glass protector sheets that people use on their phones?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He didn't specify, but said he wouldn't want to do the piano black on the inside as there'd be too much water used in the process, and that around the dash and components, that would be risky. He might think otherwise for things like the door entry plates, but I'd still be worried about overspray of water into contact with the carpet and seats, if nothing else.

For the piano black on the dash and the video screen, can't we do something like the glass protector sheets that people use on their phones?
Here is what they look like. The amount of water is minimal, but a pre cut pattern would be optimal.

Searching to see if there is a precut pattern for the E-Tron GT

1 - 20 of 29 Posts