Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max, so huge phone. Can’t get it in the ridiculous phone charging pocket/pad.

Is there a USB cable outlet that I can use a charging cable without keeping the lid to the little cubby open?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am away from my car but aren't there some for rear passengers you can plug a mag-safe charger into and bring forward? I can manage to get my iPhone 12 Max in and out buts its almost like a circus trapeze act kind of rotations....

Reactions: AudiGT

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
348 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am away from my car but aren't there some for rear passengers you can plug a mag-safe charger into and bring forward? I can manage to get my iPhone 12 Max in and out buts its almost like a circus trapeze act kind of rotations....
I am also away from the car but was thinking the exact same thing.

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
389 Posts
I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max, so huge phone. Can’t get it in the ridiculous phone charging pocket/pad.

Is there a USB cable outlet that I can use a charging cable without keeping the lid to the little cubby open?
I thought the same thing when I test drove the GT. But I was wrong! I have a 13 Pro Max. Slide it in at an angle and push it forward. Fits perfectly and charges just fine.

Reactions: epirali

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
389 Posts
Do you have a case on it? I have the Apple leather case.
I have the Apple silicone case. Fits with a modest amount of room to spare. I felt so **** dumb when I figured it out. And what’s nice about it is, once you get it in the slot, it uses up almost none of the relatively small console space.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Do you have a case on it? I have the Apple leather case.
I actually have a chunkier wallet case and it still fits, its just the "gyration" and "entry angle" that makes it feel like its a docking maneuver with the space station. But it fits fine.

It will still overheat Just like the Taycan so I prefer to just plug it in.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I haven’t had that experience . . . yet. But not more than 90 minutes at any one stretch in the car.
It may be because I have been using Waze/Nav and maybe talking on the phone, or it may be because the phone was not snug enough. I haven't played with the Audi charger much yet, it would definitely happen in the Taycan and other users all reported same thing. Including having the phone turn off from the heating.

·
Premium Member
2022 e-tron GT
389 Posts
It may be because I have been using Waze/Nav and maybe talking on the phone, or it may be because the phone was not snug enough. I haven't played with the Audi charger much yet, it would definitely happen in the Taycan and other users all reported same thing. Including having the phone turn off from the heating.
Thanks. Good to know. I also use Waze, so we shall see!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts