Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a 2019 e-torn prestige. Is it a reliable car to get?

California dealer is offering me $13K off MSRP. Is it a good deal? What are current incentives?

thanks for your advice.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
On a forum, you won't find much more than anecdotal responses to "reliability." In other words, not very useful. Even Consumer Reports doesn't have enough data for a conclusive rating (yet). Although they do predict future reliability of 4/5, based on other recent Audi's. However, owner satisfaction is high at 5/5. Which in my mind, says a lot more.

If that's a new left-over e-tron, I'd push for more discount, closer to 18%+ off before rebates. But that can vary depending on where you're located, how many they have to sell, current demand, actual MSRP, etc. I always suggest doing some research to see what they are selling for new and used in your area. Then factor in local, state, and federal EV rebates. Audi's website should have current factory incentives in your region, which can change often. CR, Edmunds, TrueCar, KBB, are good resources.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am thinking about getting a 2019 e-torn prestige. Is it a reliable car to get?

California dealer is offering me $13K off MSRP. Is it a good deal? What are current incentives?

thanks for your advice.
I live in Charlotte and nearby dealers are VERY motivated to get rid of 2019 e-trons. Like, “just name a price” motivated. They’re offering 10% off right off the bat (either advertised on their site or you can go through Costco’s Auto program). Then you can get $2K if you’re an existing Audi owner/lessee. There’s always the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit you’ll get on next year’s taxes. Finally, they can dig deeper into their own pockets ... how much is something only they know. However, the fact that they were able to give me $59K for my trade-in when I bought it for that much 5 months ago tells me they can take about about $20-25K off (including the tax credit). That turns an $85K car into a $60K car really quick (that’s exactly the deal I got today and it was matched by a different dealership as well so I know it wasn’t a fluke). I bet you they still made at least $5K off of me. All I know is, you drive off the lot and you more or less have equity in the car (trade-in is $55K and private party value is $60K). You just have to fork the $7,500 now and recoup at tax time. Good luck! They’re actually great cars, especially if you like Audis from a few years ago. The range is not great but it’s manageable if you install a 240V outlet in your garage (which ought not run more than $200).

Update: oh, totally forgot ... 72 months @ 0% because why not ... XD

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Charlotte and nearby dealers are VERY motivated to get rid of 2019 e-trons. Like, “just name a price” motivated. They’re offering 10% off right off the bat (either advertised on their site or you can go through Costco’s Auto program). Then you can get $2K if you’re an existing Audi owner/lessee. There’s always the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit you’ll get on next year’s taxes. Finally, they can dig deeper into their own pockets ... how much is something only they know. However, the fact that they were able to give me $59K for my trade-in when I bought it for that much 5 months ago tells me they can take about about $20-25K off (including the tax credit). That turns an $85K car into a $60K car really quick (that’s exactly the deal I got today and it was matched by a different dealership as well so I know it wasn’t a fluke). I bet you they still made at least $5K off of me. All I know is, you drive off the lot and you more or less have equity in the car (trade-in is $55K and private party value is $60K). You just have to fork the $7,500 now and recoup at tax time. Good luck! They’re actually great cars, especially if you like Audis from a few years ago. The range is not great but it’s manageable if you install a 240V outlet in your garage (which ought not run more than $200).

Update: oh, totally forgot ... 72 months @ 0% because why not ... XD
comments above are all true. I purchased a 2019 etron Prestige sitting on a local dealers lot (2,500 miles). Seems like all of the local Audi dealers here in the Westchester County NY area had 1 which was a corporate demo car. I got a tremendouse deal in the middle of a pandemic. No complaints.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Charlotte and nearby dealers are VERY motivated to get rid of 2019 e-trons. Like, “just name a price” motivated. They’re offering 10% off right off the bat (either advertised on their site or you can go through Costco’s Auto program). Then you can get $2K if you’re an existing Audi owner/lessee. There’s always the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit you’ll get on next year’s taxes. Finally, they can dig deeper into their own pockets ... how much is something only they know. However, the fact that they were able to give me $59K for my trade-in when I bought it for that much 5 months ago tells me they can take about about $20-25K off (including the tax credit). That turns an $85K car into a $60K car really quick (that’s exactly the deal I got today and it was matched by a different dealership as well so I know it wasn’t a fluke). ...
Did you buy in July or August? I've been watching advertised prices and one dealer was advertising 16K off MSRP in July, but now has only $14K off MSRP. I suspect an incentive that was available in July is no longer available. Oh and did you get the $2k Audi loyalty discount as part of your deal? I'm wondering if 20% off is achieveble without it.

·
Registered
12 Posts

thanks for your advice.
I've been shopping for one as well. With the 2021's announced already, I will not be buying a 2019 unless the discounts increase to 25% or so. Maybe 20% off if a 2020 sportback becomes available at that price. That is before fed and state incentives. I don;t think that will happen, which is fine for me, I don't need it right now. Unless you need a car right now, I would suggest shooting for a deal like dcchristopher posted above me. About 20% off MSRP.

I suspect that when it comes time to sell 3 or more years from now, the 2021 model year is going to be more sought after by buyers. A small increase in range, but more importantly, hopefully Audi will iron out some of the problems in the first model year. I think the 2021 is supposed to have a new MMI electronics system.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you buy in July or August? I've been watching advertised prices and one dealer was advertising 16K off MSRP in July, but now has only $14K off MSRP. I suspect an incentive that was available in July is no longer available. Oh and did you get the $2k Audi loyalty discount as part of your deal? I'm wondering if 20% off is achieveble without it.
I got all of the discounts I mentioned and I bought it yesterday. The other dealer (who had given me an identical offer but their car didn’t have the Cold Weather Package) was all pissed and even drunk texted me last night. The funny thing is they (claim that they) could have done a dealer to dealer transfer on the car I ended up buying ... at the SAME price. I’ve bought 13 cars in 21 years and that’s the first time I’ve heard they can do that without paying MSRP for it. That means Audi has given the word to just dump them. Meh, I love the car. It has a ton of tech. The range is manageable.

I think you should go in there guns blazing and see what you can get away with. Aim for $60K, comfortably.

Reactions: Hsiu

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been shopping for one as well. With the 2021's announced already, I will not be buying a 2019 unless the discounts increase to 25% or so. Maybe 20% off if a 2020 sportback becomes available at that price. That is before fed and state incentives. I don;t think that will happen, which is fine for me, I don't need it right now. Unless you need a car right now, I would suggest shooting for a deal like dcchristopher posted above me. About 20% off MSRP.

I suspect that when it comes time to sell 3 or more years from now, the 2021 model year is going to be more sought after by buyers. A small increase in range, but more importantly, hopefully Audi will iron out some of the problems in the first model year. I think the 2021 is supposed to have a new MMI electronics system.
That’s the best attitude to have ... “I don’t have to have it”! That’s the only way to have the upper hand in negotiations. Dealers are desperate to sell whatever they have because Germany hasn’t been exporting cars during their shutdown. I think it doesn’t hurt to ask for 25% and stay in the dealership until they come down. 10% has become automatic. 20-25% is probably the target range. Keep in mind they’re giving away 0% @ 72 months and you’ll get $7,500 back at tax time. So long as you drive off at or below $60K (Prestige), you’re doing great. Just check out used car prices out there.

Reactions: Hsiu

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unless you’re only planning on using it as a town car, don’t bother. I purchased mine in Nov 2019, big mistake. I’m underwater now, even with the Federal tax credit. There are just not enough fast chargers out there to travel most places. I live in Austin and wanted to visit my sister in Santa Fe. What would take about 11 hours in an ice car, would take 16 hours and 49 minutes in my Etron. I realize that this is the case with virtually every ev now (with the exception of Tesla), but having spent 80k for a car, it’s painful. My position now, is either buy a Tesla, or wait for an ev that has at least a 400 mile range.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not that I am excited about this, but if I were you, I'd get a used one if you are set on it. It's a nice car, it rides well. Has some nagging software issues that are not show stoppers but annoying. There are used units of all varieties around Seattle, priced at low 60k's from Edition One on down. All have 6k miles or less.

Why take a 30k depreciation hit in the name of driving a car new (or 1 year old) off the lot?

If you are long haul driver, cost is not an issue and a sedan isn't an issue perhaps hold tight to see how the Lucid Air shapes up (you can find some prelim reviews around the net on various car rags - but the word is it will have a longer range than the best current Tesla Long Range S and if you splurge for the big boy version that translates to 489-517 real world miles, not EPA miles)...

sz

·
Registered
6 Posts
60k for the Prestige? Thats insane! Nearly Model Y price range. Other than range youre getting a MUCH nicer car, trust me. I have a Model 3 myself (e-tron is wife's car), and while I love the Tesla, the Audi is on a whole other level in regards to build quality and features. IMO Tesla is more of a sports car.
I will say though, I used a Tesla supercharger for the first time a few weeks ago and it was unreal how fast the car was charging 250kW but only for a short period of time (good for top ups). Supposedly the e-tron will charge at 150kW for sustained periods, but we have yet to charge the e-tron outside of the house. In theory, if you have (working) dc chargers available I really dont see how road trips with the e-tron will be all that unmanageable. IIRC there was a Youtuber (Bjorn) that did a comp between the e-tron and the Model X where the difference in range between the two was nearly compensated by how quickly it would charge compared to the Model X. But that was in Europe where high speed DC chargers are plentiful.

Im almost considering selling my Model 3 and getting us a second e-tron if I can get a Prestige for 60k! Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, all. What do you all think people should be paying for a used/cpo e-tron? I've seen a few as low as $52k, with most examples hovering around the 55k-58k mark.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hi, all. What do you all think people should be paying for a used/cpo e-tron? I've seen a few as low as $52k, with most examples hovering around the 55k-58k mark.
It depends on your area, demand, availability, trim, condition, CPO, etc. But here in central TX, ~58k is a good target for a CPO 2019 E-Tron Prestige. You can check KBB.com and it will show you what they are selling for, based on your build. In this example, $55k-62k is the fair market range.

As noted, lots of factors can move the price up or down. Either way, if you stay within that range, you're getting a heck of a deal. Don't forget CPO does sell for more as you're basically adding on a 1-year warranty (~$900 or so).

And last, given the economic situation and inconsistent buying trends, prices have been all over the place for many used vehicles. I even sold my last vehicle specifically because there was a temporary high demand and got an offer I couldn't refuse.

I go through a lot of vehicles and have no problem being an opportunistic buyer/seller. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
We just purchased a new 2019 Prestige and by the time you factor in their discount, my $2k discount from USAA and the $7500 Federal tax credit, my price was just $2k over your used price.

If you can get a 2019 new, they're offering deep discounts.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
We just purchased a new 2019 Prestige and by the time you factor in their discount, my $2k discount from USAA and the $7500 Federal tax credit, my price was just $2k over your used price.

Nicely done! Agreed. I'd definitely say it's worthwhile to run numbers on both new and used. Depending on various factors, one may work out better. Especially with incentives and 0% APR still hanging around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Sounds nice. Would you mind to share break down of your numbers?

·
Registered
31 Posts
$85k list
$15k dealer discount
$2k USAA discount
$7500 Federal tax credit
_
$60,500 my price new + I got them to throw in the roof crossbars and 2 Audi caps

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think if you're a Costco member, there may be another $2k discount through their auto-buying program (like I had with USAA).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think if you're a Costco member, there may be another $2k discount through their auto-buying program (like I had with USAA).
Costco member has 10% off MSRP. That's a big one. Your deal didn't include Costco?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It did not - I'm not sure the dealer would have included the 10% Costco reduction with their $15k reduction.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts