Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with all the new EVs coming up of different brands and even Audi themselves, range has increased alot.

Etron 50 range is 300 km while Etron 55 I believe is 350km on paper. q4 Etron , Etron gt, bmw ix, ix3 have all a range of Somewhere in the end 400s close to 500km. The EQS has a range of 700km. There’s news of q6 Etron coming up in 2022, which will be the same size as a Etron more or less with over 500km range expected. Some are even saying it will be replacement of the existing Etron and they will cease production of the Etron.

Most of them Are even cheaper than the Etron. Given such a big gap in range , where does the Etron stand in terms of resale and price ? I don’t want to be hanging onto a car which will be 30% of the value 3 years , would want to exit at the right time. Thoughts ?

·
Registered
2021 e-tron Sportback Premium Plus
1 Posts
Leasing is the way to go. This is an evolving market. The E Tron is the most enjoyable EV at this moment. Savor it and be ready in another three years for the next iteration.

·
Registered
267 Posts
So with all the new EVs coming up of different brands and even Audi themselves, range has increased alot.

Etron 50 range is 300 km while Etron 55 I believe is 350km on paper. q4 Etron , Etron gt, bmw ix, ix3 have all a range of Somewhere in the end 400s close to 500km. The EQS has a range of 700km. There’s news of q6 Etron coming up in 2022, which will be the same size as a Etron more or less with over 500km range expected. Some are even saying it will be replacement of the existing Etron and they will cease production of the Etron.

Most of them Are even cheaper than the Etron. Given such a big gap in range , where does the Etron stand in terms of resale and price ? I don’t want to be hanging onto a car which will be 30% of the value 3 years , would want to exit at the right time. Thoughts ?
There will be a 22 E-tron (our current E-trons) and that was already announced. You can always find EVs with greater range, but find one that has the ride, quietness and luxury of the current E-tron. You can’t.

So it all depends on what you value. If the above qualities are not high up on your list, and you take frequent long trips, then you’ll be able to get a BEV with greater range.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
199 Posts
I wouldn't say range has increased a lot. Sure for the same kWh most models deliver more miles. But strip away some of the luxuries of the etron and it would be up there with the current crop. The etron replinishes the miles quicker than most.

Real world efficiency and consumption of these new EVs aren't actually far off the etrons'. Quite often they are being announced as having 400/500km range but after release the real world figures are often closer to the etron's (in the 300s, or low 400s in good conditions). The all round package of the etron is one that is up there in the most luxurious, 4WD, air suspensioned, excellent cargo space, fastest charging (flattest curve) etc. I don't see any of the recent models doing what the etron does.

As an example. The iX3 has better range and efficiency but thats in RWD. Its battery loses temperature quickly and charge speed is poor in cooler, but not freezing, temperatures. Over 1000km the etron covers the distance in roughly the same time.

Appreciate I'm sounding like a fan boy. But I've been keeping an eye on all new releases so I have an idea of what to lease next. Of the current crop no, the etron isn't in hot water IMO.

The future releases look juicy though and might put a little pressure on the resale value. @Sammk if those future models make the new step forward in range whilst offering everything the etron does then I think you may be right. Particularly the new models from Hyundai and Kia. But what I'm trying to say in this lengthy post is that range alone isn't the main attraction for a lot of us here and won't be for a lot of prospective used tron owners out there (I'm considering keeping my 50!).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I did not lease, as I knew what this vehicle was and wasn't when I purchased it and it suits my needs. I plan on using it for at least 10 years, so I will have done WAY better on the financials than anybody who leased a 2019.
Since the dawn of time, each year there is a better, improved car to drive. I don't need "better" every year to keep up with the neighbors, the e-tron serves its purpose for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After steep depreciation for first few years, I believe Etron will keeps its value as its luxury . Just like Tesla model s and x from 2015 are keeping their resale value. There are still newer vehicles with better range etc from Kia , Hyundai which will be cheaper bought new but class is different.
Ultimately debate will be never ending , people leasing versus people buying . If you are keeper , financially buying makes more sense. If you want to keep up with neighbors and technology, Leasing will make sense but that comes at a cost.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok but what about Audis own q4 etron coming soon. The q4 Etron 50 (top of thr line q4) is priced cheaper, Has a bigger range (and a much bigger range as compared to the Etron 50). 0-60 6.2 seconds , which is faster than Etron 50 but slower than the 55.I believe it will be smaller in size but they say leg room will be same as etron.
so how is it expected not to brimg the resale of Etron down? What Are we expecting it to nit have that the Etron does , and why would you still go for the Etron rather than the q4 Etron ? @Chrisechild

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
492 Posts
Think about Q4 as upscale Q5 with electric drive train and new tech. That is what you get. It will drive better than 2.0T Q5, but worse than supercharged 3.0 engine. Similar sizing, newer tech, nicer curves. Longer range than eTron but you give up on quiet ride, air suspension and a lot of other fancy features from eTron. You gain better HUD.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
199 Posts
What Are we expecting it to nit have that the Etron does , and why would you still go for the Etron rather than the q4 Etron ? @Chrisechild
I'm not saying the Q4 won't bring the resale price of the etron down. It looks compelling and exciting.

Will the advertised range be anything close to real world range particularly in that 4WD guise? I suspect real world range in good conditions will be 210-220miles. The etron 50 is 180-190miles so not a lot in it. Speculating here obviously.

Cargo and passenger space, air suspension ride quality and the ability to change height, sound proofing and charge speed (and curve) are key features of the etron for me, personally. Performance though slower than the Q4 is plenty adequate.

None of the current released EVs tick all the boxes like the etron does. Its a full size SUV built like a Rolls Royce yet still utilitarian. With a switch of a button it'll go off-road with ease.

The Q4 will appeal to the masses but the etron could hold its own in the higher end used market. If it doesn't then wow there'll be some bargains out there for sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When you see
Ok but what about Audis own q4 etron coming soon. The q4 Etron 50 (top of thr line q4) is priced cheaper, Has a bigger range (and a much bigger range as compared to the Etron 50). 0-60 6.2 seconds , which is faster than Etron 50 but slower than the 55.I believe it will be smaller in size but they say leg room will be same as etron.
so how is it expected not to brimg the resale of Etron down? What Are we expecting it to nit have that the Etron does , and why would you still go for the Etron rather than the q4 Etron ? @Chrisechild
when you see q4 in person, you will find it much smaller in size compared to Etron. You can’t compare $ 45K car to $70K. Few new tech features can be there extra. But new etrons will have similar new tech I.e augment HUD etc . Just like “ did launching of model 3 depreciate value of model s or model x “ ? NO. Despite model 3 may have better ranger or other tech than older model s or x.
All cars have their own individual personality and people’s choice. They all depreciate with time. Some more than other. But launch of new model Doesnot depreciate value of another model of same brand.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok but what about Audis own q4 etron coming soon. The q4 Etron 50 (top of thr line q4)

why would you still go for the Etron rather than the q4 Etron ? @Chrisechild
Some one who wants pure luxury , excellent ride quality and has money to afford it will go for ETRON versus someone who just wants EV from Audi and not want to shell out money will go for q4 Etron.

Just like same thought process which goes in buying AUDI A3 vs A8. Or Q3 vs Q8.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When you see

when you see q4 in person, you will find it much smaller in size compared to Etron. You can’t compare $ 45K car to $70K. Few new tech features can be there extra. But new etrons will have similar new tech I.e augment HUD etc . Just like “ did launching of model 3 depreciate value of model s or model x “ ? NO. Despite model 3 may have better ranger or other tech than older model s or x.
All cars have their own individual personality and people’s choice. They all depreciate with time. Some more than other. But launch of new model Doesnot depreciate value of another model of same brand.
Some one who wants pure luxury , excellent ride quality and has money to afford it will go for ETRON versus someone who just wants EV from Audi and not want to shell out money will go for q4 Etron.

Just like same thought process which goes in buying AUDI A3 vs A8. Or Q3 vs Q8.
agreed but others didn’t ice cars don’t have the range issues. Also I read somewhere thataudi might discontinue the Etron, which will be replaces by q6 Etron next year. Now sure how true that is

·
Registered
174 Posts
agreed but others didn’t ice cars don’t have the range issues. Also I read somewhere thataudi might discontinue the Etron, which will be replaces by q6 Etron next year. Now sure how true that is
I don't understand the "range issues" people speak of. I've been driving fully electric for two years and haven't had an issue.
Driving across a state or two? Stop every 2-3 hours to stretch your legs, just like in an ICE car.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It’s not true. Audi has already announced the 2022 e-Trons along with their minor changes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts