Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the range shown when fully charged depend on past driving? I did a 100% charge and it shows range as only 189 instead of the 204 or whatever is the claimed range. Do people get different ranges when they charge their etron to 100%?

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you have a read of other charging related topics you’ll see this is based upon projected range calculated from previous usage and driving history

·
Super Moderator
137 Posts
Yep. The range estimate is based on your recent EV driving efficiency and battery charge, which will also update as you drive. For a better estimate on a planned drive, use the Nav system as it will factor in speed, type of road, altitude, etc. But yours is within the "normal range."

Check out the search function, as there a lot of posts on the forum with folks reporting their driving range and efficiency. If the range is abnormally low and driving efficiency is good, there could be an issue. Check with the dealer. Otherwise, it's mostly likely driving habits. Avoid high speeds, go easy on the throttle, check tire pressures, make use of regen braking (don't slam on the brakes), etc.

EV efficiency is measured in kWh/100mi, or how much energy used over 100mi, where a lower number is better. And mi/kW is how many miles per kW, where a higher number is better. Focus on improving those numbers and your range will improve accordingly, to the limits of the vehicle, of course.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the way now to drive in an efficient way. I love driving the etron. It is an amazing car to drive and people are excited about the car. It is a beast😀

·
Registered
23 Posts
I get different ranges depending on recent driving histories. My favorite is seeing the guess-o-meter instantly drop from 157 miles range at the charging station to 125 miles when the next station is 120 miles down the road in the desert and it's 110 degrees out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I get different ranges depending on recent driving histories. My favorite is seeing the guess-o-meter instantly drop from 157 miles range at the charging station to 125 miles when the next station is 120 miles down the road in the desert and it's 110 degrees out.
What kind of range do you see when you drive the e-tron like your merc? :)
(e.g. lots of boost mode)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hard to say, I drive the Audi like my mother while the American wife drives her Merc like I used to drive when I was 16 years old. I like the quiet of the Audi and have only used Boost mode twice in 6,xxx miles while she paid way too much for the optional shouty exhaust. It's pathetic I know.

157 mile range, however is based on 75-80 mph highway driving across the desert in three figure temperatures.

Reactions: polyphonic

·
Registered
18 Posts
It seems people are too lazy to do a simple search. This topic has been discussed to death on this and many other e-tron forums.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does the range shown when fully charged depend on past driving? I did a 100% charge and it shows range as only 189 instead of the 204 or whatever is the claimed range. Do people get different ranges when they charge their etron to 100%?

View attachment 575
Well, it is an interesting dilemma. Many people feel it is based on your driving “style”, but I was having huge issues and it started just like that. One day it charges to w04 or even more, then gradually it was charging less and less. When I couldn’t get it to charge over 100 miles, no matter what level charger I used, or the duration, I brought it back to Audi 9where it has now been for a week and a half). Despite looking at the car on a number of occasions and deeming it fine, this latest visit found a faulty battery and two others out of synch. So there was an actual problem. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to repair...sorry for your trouble. Make sure all ancillary things like AC, seat heaters/cooling and heat are off during the charge. If it keeps up, I’d get it checked out before you lose faith in the car as I have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts