• Yes, I owned an EV before the e-Tron

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious -- how many of us owned an electric vehicle before the e-Tron? I'd like to know if Audi's product is bringing in many new people to EVs in general, or if the e-Tron is essentially selling to existing EV owners who were looking to upgrade to something new.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I came from a Tesla Model X and have had the Launch Edition now for 6 months, I am going back to Tesla for my next car!

·
Registered
29 Posts
This was our first EV. Love having the EV. Love being able to just come home and charge and not have to stop for gas. But the range of the eTron is poor. We would buy another EV, but if we had it to do over, we would not buy the eTron. I wanted the Tesla Model S. My wife wanted the eTron. So we "compromised"...and got the eTron. We estimate that the operating cost of the eTron is half of a gas-powered vehicle just comparing cost per mile driven. Maintenance on the eTron will be considerably less than a gas powered vehicle but we anticipate tires lasting much less due to the heavy weight of the EV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is my first EV. I love the fit and finish and the handling of the etron. Since I think "one pedal" driving offers the worst driving experience on the face of the planet, I'm not likely to move to the Tesla. By incorporating high torque acceleration with both coasting and regen, Audi got the experience right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
First EV here. Been an Audi family since the 80's. I own a European repair shop and thought this would be a great way to start getting familiar with EV's. I leased.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First EV, my 11th and the best Audi. It's worked well as a 2nd car, getting the most use this winter. Only gassed up the Q7 2 times since December. Multiple cold weather trips to Milwaukee (150mi RT) with a quick 1 hr level 2 (lunch) charge and one 270mi RT with 1-15 minute and 1-30 minute charge (only a 50w charger) at EA charge stations. Looking forward to driving it in warmer weather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my ETron last week and am hugely impressed by it. It is my first EV and am so far enjoying it very much. Wasn't impressed by any of the Tesla cars that I drove and can't imagine myself ever owning one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm curious -- how many of us owned an electric vehicle before the e-Tron? I'd like to know if Audi's product is bringing in many new people to EVs in general, or if the e-Tron is essentially selling to existing EV owners who were looking to upgrade to something new.
Fourth Audi, first EV. I love keeping the Audi quality in engineering and finish, with the added attraction of zero emissions. And then there’s the nearly free fuel, thanks to Audi’s 2-year Electrify Canada offer plus enough other free chargers in the Toronto area where I live.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts