• Yes, I owned an EV before the e-Tron

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious -- how many of us owned an electric vehicle before the e-Tron? I'd like to know if Audi's product is bringing in many new people to EVs in general, or if the e-Tron is essentially selling to existing EV owners who were looking to upgrade to something new.

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
All good after some initial issues with the battery and range, this was addressed quickly and with help from Audi and this forum i learnt how to drive the car.
Using the regen paddles was a learning curve and once i got an understanding of how and when to use them my range increased by at least 20%.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This was our first EV. Love having the EV. Love being able to just come home and charge and not have to stop for gas. But the range of the eTron is poor. We would buy another EV, but if we had it to do over, we would not buy the eTron. I wanted the Tesla Model S. My wife wanted the eTron. So we "compromised"...and got the eTron. We estimate that the operating cost of the eTron is half of a gas-powered vehicle just comparing cost per mile driven. Maintenance on the eTron will be considerably less than a gas powered vehicle but we anticipate tires lasting much less due to the heavy weight of the EV.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is my first EV. I love the fit and finish and the handling of the etron. Since I think "one pedal" driving offers the worst driving experience on the face of the planet, I'm not likely to move to the Tesla. By incorporating high torque acceleration with both coasting and regen, Audi got the experience right.

·
Registered
9 Posts
First EV here. Been an Audi family since the 80's. I own a European repair shop and thought this would be a great way to start getting familiar with EV's. I leased.

·
Registered
29 Posts
First EV, my 11th and the best Audi. It's worked well as a 2nd car, getting the most use this winter. Only gassed up the Q7 2 times since December. Multiple cold weather trips to Milwaukee (150mi RT) with a quick 1 hr level 2 (lunch) charge and one 270mi RT with 1-15 minute and 1-30 minute charge (only a 50w charger) at EA charge stations. Looking forward to driving it in warmer weather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my ETron last week and am hugely impressed by it. It is my first EV and am so far enjoying it very much. Wasn't impressed by any of the Tesla cars that I drove and can't imagine myself ever owning one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm curious -- how many of us owned an electric vehicle before the e-Tron? I'd like to know if Audi's product is bringing in many new people to EVs in general, or if the e-Tron is essentially selling to existing EV owners who were looking to upgrade to something new.
Fourth Audi, first EV. I love keeping the Audi quality in engineering and finish, with the added attraction of zero emissions. And then there’s the nearly free fuel, thanks to Audi’s 2-year Electrify Canada offer plus enough other free chargers in the Toronto area where I live.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got my ETron last week and am hugely impressed by it. It is my first EV and am so far enjoying it very much. Wasn't impressed by any of the Tesla cars that I drove and can't imagine myself ever owning one.
Are you still impressed and loving your etron? I wondered if the new wore off?

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
Still loving mine.
So far I have had a MY19 and now a MY20.
So much so I have just ordered a new Vorsprung 55 one. Should take delivery Oct November. As soon as I saw interior I fell in love!

·
Super Moderator
158 Posts
I did technically "own" a Model 3 for a few hours until I returned it. Hah. I'll consider this my first EV, as I'll be keeping it for a bit longer. But I've been following EVs closely for years now. Despite not being all that efficient in terms of energy use and range, the E-Tron is a fantastic luxury vehicle. And considering the prices out there, it's worth a consideration.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did technically "own" a Model 3 for a few hours until I returned it. Hah. I'll consider this my first EV, as I'll be keeping it for a bit longer. But I've been following EVs closely for years now. Despite not being all that efficient in terms of energy use and range, the E-Tron is a fantastic luxury vehicle. And considering the prices out there, it's worth a consideration.
Thanks for sharing your experience! I think my priority is luxury and build quality with range being less important due to my use case. I’m excited to get it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still loving mine.
So far I have had a MY19 and now a MY20.
So much so I have just ordered a new Vorsprung 55 one. Should take delivery Oct November. As soon as I saw interior I fell in love!
Interesting. Earlier in this thread you said you came from a MX and will be going back to Tesla for next vehicle...but you bought two more Audi EVs? What about the eTron changed your mind over the last few months?

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
Interesting. Earlier in this thread you said you came from a MX and will be going back to Tesla for next vehicle...but you bought two more Audi EVs? What about the eTron changed your mind over the last few months?
The time I posted going back to Tesla was when i was having all sorts of problems with MY19 Etron. Since then and receiving the MY20 replacement car from Audi i have nothing but good things to say. I have amended that post as i see ho wit can be confusing!

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is good to hear your story and what is working for you now. I had the good fortune of picking up my first EV and etron last night. Except for the annoying finance guy, it was a great experience and even better once in the car and driving home. The feeling of plugging your car in at home was new to me and so rewarding! I have admittedly been a Tesla Fanboy for years...but in the end I went etron. I’m glad to hear I’m not alone. Tesla’s are great electric devices, the etron seems like a great all around car, that just happens to be electric.

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
It is good to hear your story and what is working for you now. I had the good fortune of picking up my first EV and etron last night. Except for the annoying finance guy, it was a great experience and even better once in the car and driving home. The feeling of plugging your car in at home was new to me and so rewarding! I have admittedly been a Tesla Fanboy for years...but in the end I went etron. I’m glad to hear I’m not alone. Tesla’s are great electric devices, the etron seems like a great all around car, that just happens to be electric.

Great way to look at an EV! Yes coming from Tesla myself its nice to have a well made car with excellent finish and attention to detail and build. Unlike the Tesla which is a computer wrapped in a badly made out of date effort at a car with 1980's wing doors. Yes the Tesla range is about 60 miles better in real life range. But that is in fact all that is better about it. IMO

·
Registered
15 Posts
I, too, have been having troubles with my MY2019 eTron and am currently working with Audi on a MY2021 replacement, possibly. I am in the US and it appears that Audi will be bringing a heated steering wheel to US models in MY2021, which is a feature that was a glaring oversight from Audi IMHO. I am trying to confirm this is actually going to be the case, however, as you know how press materials can be inaccurate.

·
Super Moderator
129 Posts
On the Audi UK site we already have the heated steering wheel option. In fact it’s standard on the higher model range.
Check out Audi UK Etron > build your own >Vorsprung. I think what you get will blow you away!
surely there is a USA comparable model? Pics attached.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts