• No, the e-Tron is my first EV

Votes: 55 79.7%
  • Yes, I owned an EV before the e-Tron

Votes: 14 20.3%
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Read Only
38 Posts
Hmmmm, I am new to my etron here in the states...a prestige model with the cold weather package is supposed to have the heated steering wheel. I’m sure others may have even more information, but wanted to share what I know.

·
Registered
162 Posts
On the Audi UK site we already have the heated steering wheel option. In fact it’s standard on the higher model range.
Check out Audi UK Etron > build your own >Vorsprung. I think what you get will blow you away!
surely there is a USA comparable model? Pics attached.
Heated steering wheel has not been available at any trim level nor as an option on US Etrons. There are many differences between EU and US models, including the fact that (I believe) all US Etrons have roof rails, and this is not the case in EU.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmmmm, I am new to my etron here in the states...a prestige model with the cold weather package is supposed to have the heated steering wheel. I’m sure others may have even more information, but wanted to share what I know.
I have a 2019 Prestige with Cold Weather Package. It does not have a heated steering wheel. Apparently, the heating element interfered with the capacitive touch system that monitors whether or not you're holding onto the steering wheel. Apparently Audi found a way around it in 2021.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My MY19 with Cold Weather does not have heated steering.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Right now, it feels like 114 degrees in TX. Can't say that I share the same concern. Hah.
But yeah, the heated steering wheel should be standard. There's usually a good 2-3 days out of the year where it's kind of nice. ;)

Hey, at least it has heated AND cooled seats. I know for a while Audi just didn't want to option cooled seats, even if it was technically available.

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Well we in the Uk don’t get cooled seats.
Personally I would like them as I guess we have the opposite and it’s hot 2-3 days per year here! For those days it would be awesome.

·
Read Only
38 Posts
I don’t know how hot it gets in the UK, but the cooled seats here in the southern part of the US...amazing. Thank you Audi!

·
Read Only
38 Posts
My MY19 with Cold Weather does not have heated steering.
Agreed, it doesn’t. As I mentioned being new...literally, last night I picked it up...something, some where I came across the heated steering...I bet it was for the UK version. Oh well, something to look forward to when time to upgrade!

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Heated steering wheel has not been available at any trim level nor as an option on US Etrons. There are many differences between EU and US models, including the fact that (I believe) all US Etrons have roof rails, and this is not the case in EU.
UK - Roof rails are standard on upper models off Etron and Etron Sportback and a paid option on all.

Reactions: Joe

·
Registered
26 Posts
I live in the PNW and absolutely love having a heated steering wheel. Now, I knew the 2019s did not have that option before I bought, but I thought I could live without. I can live without it, but having the option is SOOO nice. Besides, a luxury vehicle of this level should've had it, period. That's one of the tradeoffs from going with a Tesla: you're trading range and raw performance for luxury and coddling.

·
Read Only
38 Posts
I hear ya...it’s about all those little details. I’ve never had a car with a heated steering wheel but now I’m curious. So will you upgrade for that feature?

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
If a car did not have it as standard and it was an option i would 100% pay for the heated sterling wheel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1st was a Ford Fusion Energi, then onto a Cadillac ELR (still have it), and just now added the e-Tron.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had my UK spec 50 Technik delivered on Wednesday. Loving it so far. Knew about the weight of the car/efficiency and decided not to add on any extras as only a 2 year lease. Happy with base model and the tech included. Done 175 miles so far on variety of UK roads and getting 2.8 m/pkWh which is about right from what I've studied during the 5 months waiting time!!!

·
Registered
E-tron 50 S Line, Daytona Grey
14 Posts
My E-tron 50 S Line is my first EV. I'm in the UK and love German cars, so the E-Tron ticked that box. The car is excellent in terms of build quality, comfort, space and the tech they've stacked in it. The big negative is the range. When I chose the car I wanted to get from home to Heathrow airport and back without a charge......its about 140miles. Problem is that I can't achieve that one thing I wanted to if driving the car at say 80mph on the motorway (cruise on). Maybe I can achieve it if I drop to 70mph on the motorway, but that feels terrifying as the motorway generally runs faster. Overall is the car good? "yes absolutley" Just one niggle from me. Increase the range and I'll def get another.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My E-tron 50 S Line is my first EV. I'm in the UK and love German cars, so the E-Tron ticked that box. The car is excellent in terms of build quality, comfort, space and the tech they've stacked in it. The big negative is the range. When I chose the car I wanted to get from home to Heathrow airport and back without a charge......its about 140miles. Problem is that I can't achieve that one thing I wanted to if driving the car at say 80mph on the motorway (cruise on). Maybe I can achieve it if I drop to 70mph on the motorway, but that feels terrifying as the motorway generally runs faster. Overall is the car good? "yes absolutley" Just one niggle from me. Increase the range and I'll def get another.
Hi. The majority of EV drivers would probably advise you to simply slow down. The range of most cars whether ICE or EV would be affected by travelling over the national speed limit for any distance. Also worth switching off the cruise and trying the auto recuperation and coasting as this is proven by Audi to increase range.

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
159 Posts
Eerr, so why did you buy a 50? The 55 has more range, 140 would be safely achievable under almost any conditions...!

·
Registered
2021 Sportback Siam Beige
19 Posts
I'm a 6 year driver of a Tesla Model S 85D. I know everyone bashes Tesla for build quality, and service, but I have good experiences with both. In 6 years 145,000 KM, I had service on only 3 items - door handles (Known issue, and fixed on later models), heat pump replaced, and MCU (Media control unit), which was made a recall 6 months after it happened. The build quality was excellent and the over-the-air updates were great. The car is a weapon, acceleration-wise. Free supercharging, and premium connectivity for life.
My dislikes: no storage space in the cabin, a bit noisy due to poor sound dampening, back seat is cramped, and difficult to enter and exit. That's it -first world issues

But it was time for a new vehicle. My son got my Tesla.

The new refreshed X and S do nothing for me. Minimalist interior, and the screen, which fit nicely in the old series, is like having a big screen TV on the dashboard. It's ....fugly. The interiors are vegan leather now (dislike), and the yoke steering wheel is loved by their millennial crowd - but not me. The Audi, on the other hand, was gorgeous both inside and out, and handles the road beautifully.

So, Tesla lost me by really messing up the refresh, to be a minimalists' dream.

I am concerned on long trips, due to the lesser range and the HVDC network vs. the Supercharger network, but, since retiring, I don't do as many of those. I look forward to publishing more comparisons in the future.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts