• No, the e-Tron is my first EV

Votes: 55 79.7%
  • Yes, I owned an EV before the e-Tron

Votes: 14 20.3%
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fourth Audi, first EV. I love keeping the Audi quality in engineering and finish, with the added attraction of zero emissions. And then there’s the nearly free fuel, thanks to Audi’s 2-year Electrify Canada offer plus enough other free chargers in the Toronto area where I live.
free charger? 2-year Electrify Canada???
Wow~~ Here in the United States, they offer free charge 1,000 kwh. It's a better offer than the U.S.

·
Registered
2021 Sportback Siam Beige
19 Posts
free charger? 2-year Electrify Canada???
Wow~~ Here in the United States, they offer free charge 1,000 kwh. It's a better offer than the U.S.
There's a number of differences between Canada and the US. The first I noticed was that the US has a significantly larger number of rebates....and yes the Electrify Canada/America program is 2 years free (30 minute charge).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm curious -- how many of us owned an electric vehicle before the e-Tron? I'd like to know if Audi's product is bringing in many new people to EVs in general, or if the e-Tron is essentially selling to existing EV owners who were looking to upgrade to something new.
I had two BMW I3’s before my Etron. I had the range extender on both of them. I was always having to charge every day, and could not take a trip very far. I looked at all EV’s available at the time and settled on the Etron. By the time I trade it in the future, I want at least a 300 mile range on my next Etron.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The e-Tron GT will be my 5th Audi, but first EV. I wasn't attracted to the Taycan, but fell in love with the GT prototype a couple years back. The environmental benefits are impossible to ignore. I wish I had looked into it sooner tbh.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I drive an Etron 55 2019, bought in July 2020. There were some issues which are all solved. It is my first EV, love driving this SUV. Excellent driving experience and it looks great, impressive car. Range now is between 295-380 km what is mine experience and depending on weather conditions and style of driving. Living in the Netherlands more and more fast charges are available and in 30 min it is 80% charged so no problems at all. I love this car. My previous last three cars were BMW 330e and d. Not bad at all but this SUV and EV is an amazing car to drive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New e-tron owner and first EV but not my first Audi. After some bad experience with German brands, I've moved to KIA. Had 3 hybrids and recently the Stinger, which I traded on the e-tron. My commute is less now and while the Stinger is a fantastic, sporty car, the "economy" has been getting worse. Took a couple of test drives and find the car to be very quick, comfortable and quiet, along with pretty decent range for my weekly commute. Took a road trip and with bad planning (wanted to see how far it gets until empty), got to almost empty until we pulled over and got a tow to a charge station. Speed limit was 75 and the traffic was flowing at 90+, well while fun, it tanked the range, got 184 miles with 4 miles remaining. Did a full charge on the way back and did a lot better keeping it around 75-77, traveled 164 miles with 95 indicated miles remaining. While I did set the cruise at 85 for about 50 miles at the latter part of the trip, this lets me know I can do better by driving more efficiently.

It doesn't handle like the Stinger but it has a more comfortable ride and I appreciate the much quieter cabin and all the updated tech. Like most, I wish it had better range, I hope they can possible do something with a software update than can give us more range. As far as everything else, I really like the car.! I wish the suspension could be lowered a bit more. For now, a week later, the car has been great so far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree. Most of the first part was going downhill, using the first level of regen, the range was increasing instead of dropping. On some of the portions where I had the cruise set at 85, the power gauge was was at 0 for a while. I thought that was really cool, traveling at that speed and seemingly not using any power. Road seemed flat but I suspect there was a bit of a decline.

If the range increased is due to my running the system almost empty, I’d take that too. I’m fairly sure that’s wishful thinking though. The charge to 100% showed 255 mile range, the miles travelled was off by about 6 miles initially, then it matched and later was higher over time. I’m curious to know what’s the best range folks have gotten out of the E-Tron SUV.

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55 2020. Jaguar iPace HSE 2019.
159 Posts
I.... I’m curious to know what’s the best range folks have gotten out of the E-Tron SUV.
Best I've ever had (with me driving) is 230. Best my wife's ever seen is about 165...

41 - 49 of 49 Posts