Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delivered today after a 7month wait and can’t show it off at moment as wife has gone off in it (it was her turn to drive the new car first LOL).
As requested though I took a picture of the GOM and can advise battery was 86% (50 technik) with GOM saying 173 miles :

Will post pics of car itself later when rain stops.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She hides her excitement and was insistent on going to Sainsburys....(normally just a mile away)

I bet I dont see her for two hours and the GOM has 5 miles left on it when she gets back having been to sainsburys in Birmingham and back LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Delivered today after a 7month wait and can’t show it off at moment as wife has gone off in it (it was her turn to drive the new car first LOL).
As requested though I took a picture of the GOM and can advise battery was 86% (50 technik) with GOM saying 173 miles :

View attachment 1895
Will post pics of car itself later when rain stops.
Congrats look forward to seeing some pics if your wife ever comes back LOL

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not sure of the exact available capacity of battery on the 50 but 173 miles at 86% sounds close to what many see in the real world on the 55!

Glad to hear that all went well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure of the exact available capacity of battery on the 50 but 173 miles at 86% sounds close to what many see in the real world on the 55!

Glad to hear that all went well.
FYI Chasing Cars E-Tron 50 has a 71KwH battery with 64.7KwH useable

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks HywelA. So 64.7kWh useable x 86% = 55.6kWh therefore 173 miles would be 3.1 miles/kWh.

Ok, maybe. I have seen that but difficult to sustain.

Somehow when cars are brand new they seem to have unrealistic GOM figures.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK - not many miles, but today was more just getting used to the car, showing it off (and visiting parents to sit outside today before the wet weekend hits us) and had to take the dogs for a nice long walk too - following a drive up a steepish hill and a coast back LOL :D

So in total completed 56 miles. At the end of that 56 miles - GOM stated 89 so had used 84 GOM miles up - so yes the 173 seems to be a wild GOM for new car.

Percentage wise, it was down to 50% left, so had used 36% of the 64.7 = 23.292 kwh used.

So 56 / 23.292 kwh = 2.4 miles / kwh (please tell me if I have approached this calculation wrong as I have no idea). App is telling me that I have done 2.3 kwh /milethough - so probably some rounding somewhere.

Considering this is my first actual drive in an EV - can I just ask is that a good consumer rate or should I be aiming a lot higher? My thoughts are at 2.4 mile / kwh x 64.7 thats 155 miles (which I have been basing my estimation on for summer range).

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Your calculation looks right to me. 2.4 is pretty typical for moderate weather. If you are on a route that allows a LOT of coasting, I've seen it go up to 2.7. Too bad I have not figured out how to coast downhill both ways! FYI, if you have not discovered it already, you can select to display your "instantaneous" efficiency on the Cockpit display. It's interesting to follow how the car "warms up".

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your calculation looks right to me. 2.4 is pretty typical for moderate weather. If you are on a route that allows a LOT of coasting, I've seen it go up to 2.7. Too bad I have not figured out how to coast downhill both ways! FYI, if you have not discovered it already, you can select to display your "instantaneous" efficiency on the Cockpit display. It's interesting to follow how the car "warms up".
Thanks - I am still fiddling with in car displays / settings etc - just wanted to drive it today LOL - tomorrow is going to be a wet day so wife says I can sit in the car and play LOL :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A friend of mine just commented on my picture above to me - "Good job you went for the long term memory pack - at your age..." cheeky bloody git.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Your calculation is fine. I find that 2.5 - 2.8 is fairly normal with a bit higher on occasion. Over 3 is unusual but I do see it from time to time.

This is through a coolish March and April, the 3+ figures have been since the weather started to warm up.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your calculation is fine. I find that 2.5 - 2.8 is fairly normal with a bit higher on occasion. Over 3 is unusual but I do see it from time to time.

This is through a coolish March and April, the 3+ figures have been since the weather started to warm up.

I blame the wife as she's driven it for at least 12 of those miles LOL :D :D - its a shame it doesnt do an average for each key but never mind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts