Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else has a strange knocking / judder as you come towards a stop. Moving 1-2 mph.

It feel like it's mixing engine braking with physical braking badly.

Or the engine cycling on off quickly to maintain the low speed.

Lots of traffic lights on my way to work and slowing for these becomes tiresome with the juddering.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
No, nothing like that. I can slow towards a stop and it happens very smoothly. Does this happen even when you brake lightly enough so the you stay fully in regen braking (ie, the charging portion of the battery bar never gets all the way to the left)? The Bosch braking system is supposed to smoothly blend the physical and regen braking as you approach the braking transition point so that you don't get any jitter. Maybe you have some problem there?

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
327 Posts
Yes. Every time with mine. The brakes make a graunch/honk sound.

It is very difficult to stop smoothly. Mine has been seen by multiple dealers and I did complain about the sound and grabby brakes early on.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You can test to see if it may be due to the mechanical brakes. Put the drive into neutral by moving the shift lever forward one notch and recuperative braking will cease. You can do this while the car is moving. Be warned that if you do this while the car is recuperativly braking at the time, that braking effect will immediately stop.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
300 Posts
Does anyone else has a strange knocking / judder as you come towards a stop. Moving 1-2 mph.

Lots of traffic lights on my way to work and slowing for these becomes tiresome with the juddering.
I have this on my 50 too. Its exactly as you describe, without any audible noise, but there's a pulsing through the brake peddle. Almost like the ABS sensation when braking hard, only its during the soft brake control when you don't need to fully stop but do need to edge forwards in heavy traffic or approaching traffic lights. I'll also try the neutral tip and post observations.

·
Registered
e-tron 50 technik
300 Posts
I initially thought it was the brake by wire trying to transition from regen and mechanical brakes to mechanical only.
But also suspected it could be the parking brake or auto hold function (which I have switched off, but it engages anyway) trying to activate but realising the car is moving its cancels, then tries again, ever quarter of a second or so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes. I did have it since I bought the car for several months.
it happened during stopping when I released the brake pedal just before a full stop. It felt like the car is confused between applying the auto brakes and acceleration.
it went away though after the last software update. I forgot to mention that to dealer when I brought the car in for service, but when picked it up, it was fixed. It never happened again over last 3 months.

·
Registered
2020 e-tron Sportback First Edition
12 Posts

Yes, I've experienced this as well. It seems to happen when I slow down to a crawl and then start to gently push on the accelerator to keep the car inching forward, such as near an intersection. I figured out a way to avoid it by first coming to a complete stop using the brake and then starting off slowly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,
Ever since I purchased the vehicle, it has had a kind of juddering when slowing down, to a crawl. It is as if the ABS is kicking in. Other times, the juddering come with a deep rumbling, which is quiet embarrassing when travelling with passengers, in a relatively new vehicle. I find it frustrating, when travelling with friends and family that everyone in the vehicle is shaken with the juddering, as I apply the brakes. However, when I brake hard, there is no juddering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts