Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone experiencing issues with Juicebox 40 Time of Use feature? It does not seem to work and appears to be a 'bug' specific to eTrons. I called Enel X support. They said about 2 weeks back another person reported the same issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got feedback from Enel this is not a JuiceBox malfunction. It must be an Audi issue, the EV turns off control pilot diode when it goes in to sleep mode.

·
Super Moderator
142 Posts
Hi there,
I haven't had that issue myself, but if you suspect an issue with the vehicle, schedule an appointment with your Audi dealer so they can check it out.

And welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the issue is with both Audi and Enel X. On the Audi side, Enel suggested as a work around to use the Audi advance charging option to set up a period as to when I would like to charge. Two issues there when I tried was that option does not have flexibility to set different time of use by weekdays vs weekends. Second, it just didn't work. May be I set up something wrong but when I set it up to start charging after 11pm, when I plugged it before that time, the Juicebox started straightaway.

As for the Juicebox side, this Pro 40 is a warranty replacement for a legacy model, I think a 32 amp, Juicebox I had that was faulty. That Juicebox was working fine with Time of Use. It is only this newer Pro 40 that I just installed two weeks ago that its' not working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar response from enelx. Apparently the e-tron turns off the pilot diode when the car goes into a low power sleep. When the JuiceBox doesn't see it, it thinks nothing is plugged in. I was able to get the JuiceBox to start charging by simply sending it a software reset, so I think this is something enelx could work around in software. If they're willing to is another question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you do the Software Reset? Enel X told me the same. Said an option they can do is from their end change my charging so that whenever I plug it in, it would send it a very low amp charge so it thinks it is charging. Then it would bump up to normal charging when time of use period kicks in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts