Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone experiencing issues with Juicebox 40 Time of Use feature? It does not seem to work and appears to be a 'bug' specific to eTrons. I called Enel X support. They said about 2 weeks back another person reported the same issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got feedback from Enel this is not a JuiceBox malfunction. It must be an Audi issue, the EV turns off control pilot diode when it goes in to sleep mode.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hi there,
I haven't had that issue myself, but if you suspect an issue with the vehicle, schedule an appointment with your Audi dealer so they can check it out.

And welcome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the issue is with both Audi and Enel X. On the Audi side, Enel suggested as a work around to use the Audi advance charging option to set up a period as to when I would like to charge. Two issues there when I tried was that option does not have flexibility to set different time of use by weekdays vs weekends. Second, it just didn't work. May be I set up something wrong but when I set it up to start charging after 11pm, when I plugged it before that time, the Juicebox started straightaway.

As for the Juicebox side, this Pro 40 is a warranty replacement for a legacy model, I think a 32 amp, Juicebox I had that was faulty. That Juicebox was working fine with Time of Use. It is only this newer Pro 40 that I just installed two weeks ago that its' not working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar response from enelx. Apparently the e-tron turns off the pilot diode when the car goes into a low power sleep. When the JuiceBox doesn't see it, it thinks nothing is plugged in. I was able to get the JuiceBox to start charging by simply sending it a software reset, so I think this is something enelx could work around in software. If they're willing to is another question.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you do the Software Reset? Enel X told me the same. Said an option they can do is from their end change my charging so that whenever I plug it in, it would send it a very low amp charge so it thinks it is charging. Then it would bump up to normal charging when time of use period kicks in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a similar response from enelx. Apparently the e-tron turns off the pilot diode when the car goes into a low power sleep. When the JuiceBox doesn't see it, it thinks nothing is plugged in. I was able to get the JuiceBox to start charging by simply sending it a software reset, so I think this is something enelx could work around in software. If they're willing to is another question.
Hello

The latest status is I went to Audi dealer to get latest firmware update. The charger still is not working.

It seems hopeless

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are sending me another Juicebox with a different adapter. I'm not confident that will resolve the issue. I'm hoping there is some different firmware or something on that unit that may resolve my issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting, I'm curious to see if it makes a difference as it seems like the TOU handling is getting worse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The new Juicebox fixed my TOU issue. Though I'm not convinced it's the physical adapter was the difference. I still think it's the firmware on the box.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What is the Time of Use issue? Are you referring to the smart charging feature? Where we choose when to start charging?

What I’m noticing is weird is the “Charging by...“ It will tell me the estimated time ends is a certain time, but it doesn’t match what the Audi states as the amount of time remaining...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes Time of Use is the feature on the Juicebox, nothing to do with anything on the eTron. To take advantage of the lowest electric rates, you can charge only over night on weekdays and weekends. This feature was not working on the Juicebox 40.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts