Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh this is just the bracket? 😂

I was thinking "dang, at $250 I'll order one of these instead of buying an adapter to use my existing tesla wall connector", but alas, the adapter it is then.
Yea it's just a housing mount for the charger...so you can remove it if needed. It's the same one they use in the showrooms

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is there any benefit to this one over the one that is supplied with the charger? Mine came with a small holder and a key to lock the charger into the holder
No benefit. It's made specifically for dealerships to be on display but it looks like someone got their hands on some stock and selling it to end users.

I personally use a Charge point+ charger at the house, way nicer cable management and the app keeps track of all my charging and energy use. I keep the Audi charging cable in the frunk if I would ever need it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
No benefit. It's made specifically for dealerships to be on display but it looks like someone got their hands on some stock and selling it to end users.

I personally use a Charge point+ charger at the house, way nicer cable management and the app keeps track of all my charging and energy use. I keep the Audi charging cable in the frunk if I would ever need it.
Agreed Charge Point is awesome and the scheduling and monitoring is very useful.

The mount above should be included with the car. I’ve got my charger in the bag it came in in the frunk in case I need it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purchased my EVSE from Emporia. I highly recommend these guys. They're US based (Colorado I believe) and the latest version of their EVSE is UL listed and still only costs $450 with a very heavy duty 24' cable. You can schedule your charging and track your usage which a handful of other EVSE's do. The thing the Emporia's unit does that others don't is you can vary the charge rate (amperage) using their app. This is useful for me since I try to charge our eTron using our PV and Tesla Powerwall so there are times where I charge slower to avoid pulling electrons from the utility. I'm a dork like that but if you're on this forum I assume there's a fair amount of dorkdum (is that a word?) in you as well :giggle:. Anyhow, check Emporia out. Pretty cool stuff. And no I don't work for them.

Very cool looking mount for the Audi EVSE by the way (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts