Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So charged my brand spanking new etron overnight on the supplies charger. Tried to go get breakfast and getting a ton of electrical system errors and can’t drive it. Anyone else have this problem? I’ve contacted roadside assistance but they’re just going to tow it and I’m out of luck on a Sunday. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
So charged my brand spanking new etron overnight on the supplies charger. Tried to go get breakfast and getting a ton of electrical system errors and can’t drive it. Anyone else have this problem? I’ve contacted roadside assistance but they’re just going to tow it and I’m out of luck on a Sunday. :( View attachment 176
Sorry, you are having so much trouble. It is a great car, but there are glitches. I haven't had a complete failure, but I had a sensing light in the headliner go red (it is supposed to be green all the time). So, I had to drive it to Audi (after 7 days, I got it back). They had to replace a relay module.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I had my etron for about 3 weeks when one evening, while backing out of a parking spot, the car sounded off a whole string of driver safety failures. The car was still drive-able so I took it to the dealer. They ended up having to replace the entire "Steering Module". My service agent basically said that, unlike mechanical failures where it may take months for a problem to crop up, with all the "modules" the electric failures tend to happen within the first month or two. And, yes, the "steering module" does include replacing the steering wheel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to follow up on this. Tried to drive it an hour later and had no issues. Dealer is still coming to pick it up and dropping off a loaner to check it out. Hoping this doesn’t take an extended amount of time as I love driving this thing and just getting my level 2 charger installed at the house. Too many Tesla’s at work utilizing the free chargers so I have never gotten it back to full charge in the week I’ve had it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue during my first week. Had to get it towed to the dealer, and they found a defective battery unit and they took 10 days to replace it. They had to dismantle the whole bottom...
Needless to say I was not happy... But nothing of that sort reoccurred during the last 6 months...

·
Registered
8 Posts
E-tron is an amazing car but after 4 months of similar issues, I got rid of the car. Good luck. The range and host of other electrical issues was too much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Forgot to follow up on this. Tried to drive it an hour later and had no issues. Dealer is still coming to pick it up and dropping off a loaner to check it out. Hoping this doesn’t take an extended amount of time as I love driving this thing and just getting my level 2 charger installed at the house. Too many Tesla’s at work utilizing the free chargers so I have never gotten it back to full charge in the week I’ve had it.
I had the same issue during my first week. Had to get it towed to the dealer, and they found a defective battery unit and they took 10 days to replace it. They had to dismantle the whole bottom...
Needless to say I was not happy... But nothing of that sort reoccurred during the last 6 months...
E-tron is an amazing car but after 4 months of similar issues, I got rid of the car. Good luck. The range and host of other electrical issues was too much.
This type of issue and error msg on the screen you posted is mainly cause by a bad 12v battery or the 12v charging system not working correctly.. normally it’s just the 12v battery .. just put a new one in and all that issues goes away .. too bad the message doesn’t detect the issue with the 12v battery first .. I wish they would just stop using the 12v battery and use a small part of the main battery to run the 12v systems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Friends I am planning to buy eTron. Will receive it in April - 2021 model. Do you think it is a wrong decision? I currently drive a BMW 7. Bit worried if eTorn will be a good choice

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have been very happy with my 2019 E Tron. Even so, as my father once cautioned "never buy a car in its first model year". I had some issues with my car the first three months, but those have been resolved and I am really pleased with the car. For a vehicle its size and weight, it is really pretty nimble and the mileage has been as predicted. The cabin is impeccable in fit, finish, and quietness. My only real issue currently is with the somewhat flaky MyAudi app.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had a similar experience to @JNealCox. A few glitches early on and nothing since. I have owned it for just about a year now and still happy with everything that makes an Audi an Audi... which doesn't include their fumbling app.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Friends I am planning to buy eTron. Will receive it in April - 2021 model. Do you think it is a wrong decision? I currently drive a BMW 7. Bit worried if eTorn will be a good choice
How has the experience with your e-tron been since April? I have a 2020 Sportback with 2585 miles that has spent six weeks at the dealership with various issues. In hindsight I would not have purchased the vehicle as it has a "lemon branded" rate that is about 10 times higher than ICE (e.g. Q5) vehicles and even 10 time higher than other EV's (e.g. Tesla). Public information from New Jersey Consumer Affairs in link below shows e-tron lemon count similar to vehicles that have about 10 times more units sold.

https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/llu/Documents/Vehicles-Branded-Under-The-New-Jersey-Lemon-Law.pdf

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
How has the experience with your e-tron been since April? I have a 2020 Sportback with 2585 miles that has spent six weeks at the dealership with various issues. In hindsight I would not have purchased the vehicle as it has a "lemon branded" rate that is about 10 times higher than ICE (e.g. Q5) vehicles and even 10 time higher than other EV's (e.g. Tesla). Public information from New Jersey Consumer Affairs in link below shows e-tron lemon count similar to vehicles that have about 10 times more units sold.

https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/llu/Documents/Vehicles-Branded-Under-The-New-Jersey-Lemon-Law.pdf
This is interesting, considering that Tesla has about the worst Reliabilty record around. It may be that potential E Tron owners are less likely to put up with various defects (and maybe are turned sour on the EV experience) than are Tesla owners, who seem to relish driving cutting-edge-technology vehicle riddled with problems.

·
Registered
2019 e-tron prestige
279 Posts
I agree that this doesn't necessarily mean that Audi has the most lemons here, but I do wish I saw it earlier!

For Consumer Reports EV rankings they put The Chevy Bolt at #1 (score of 78), followed by the Tesla Model 3 (75).

Further down Model S and X get 70 and 65 respectively.

The bottom group is I-Pace (59), Audi e-tron/Kia Niro (54), and Tesla Model Y (47).

They only recommend the Bolt, Model 3, Hyundai Kona, and Nissan Leaf.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Which is pretty typical, the "bare bones" models will generally do better than the ones loaded with bells and whistles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is interesting, considering that Tesla has about the worst Reliabilty record around. It may be that potential E Tron owners are less likely to put up with various defects (and maybe are turned sour on the EV experience) than are Tesla owners, who seem to relish driving cutting-edge-technology vehicle riddled with problems.
Unfortunately, we tend to hear only bad news about things, including cars. I have had almost no problems with my 2015 Tesla Model S 85D for over 5.5 years. In third year, my Supercharger converter went out on a trip and was replaced under warranty. Otherwise, I’m very happy with my BEV, including flawless OTA updates and phone apps that actually work. I’m hoping to be happy with the eTron GT for which I’ve placed a deposit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts