Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning and hi all,

As stated in the subject, I just received delivery of my '21 e-tron and I haven't had the time to check all the goodies just yet. This is my first Audi and first EV!!!

Two sets of keys, charging plug and line (in the frunk?!), and the car (with initial range estimate of 259miles :p) arrived without any noticeable damage off the truck, therefore I am more than satisfied. However, my window sticker says the following are included...

**one of the key fob had a minor chip in the back.. but I think I can live with it although it is supposed to be brand new!!

1) Interior protection kit $210.00
2) USB Cables - one Lightning® & one type C $110.00

I can see some floor mats and trunk accessories which seem to be the interior protection kit, but I don't see any USB cables for the 2nd item listed.. Can you guide me where I can confirm detail listing of what the protection kit is supposed to include and what and where the USB cables are?

Furthermore, any suggestion on what and how to check anything else from the existing owners or car experts would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

·
Registered
367 Posts
A USB cable will be quite small, so its not been slotted inside with the owners manual (if you get one) has it?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Make sure the charging box comes with two cables (one for 120V and one for 240V), along with a set screw so that you can firmly secure the removable cable in the socket. Also, lift up the top tray of the Frunk (where the portable charger is located) and check that all the tire-changing stuff is there. With my car, I found the small stuff scattered all around--check the glove compartment, the arm-rest compartment, and the side pockets in the cargo space. The cables should have the hinges that let you angle the cord at 90 degrees.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello,

RE: USB Cables - one Lightning® & one type C $110.00

So... after a month or so, the dealership sent this usb to Apple lightening or USB type-c which supposedly is this that was part of the window sticker. I am somewhat getting frustrated how bad of a service they are giving me if the item they sent happens to be a wrong item.

Could anyone confirm if this is the correct item? i don't even think old usb type can be connected to the etron.. 😅. Thank you

Ac adapter Automotive tire Grey Audio equipment Eyewear

·
Registered
367 Posts
No. You need a USB-C to Apple lightning cable.

look on Amazon.

·
Registered
367 Posts
What is the “No” in your response addressed to? OP did not ask a yes/no question, so I’m trying to figure out what you are correcting.
In his post just right before mine he asked:

Could anyone confirm if this is the correct item?
I suppose technically I should have said Yes someone could tell him if its the correct item or not, but I answered no meaning its not the right item and went on to tell him what cable I believe he should be getting.

and as I have a bit more time on my hands this time around in replying, here is an example of the cable I think he should be getting:

Amazon.com: Anker iPhone 12 Charger Cable, USB C to Lightning Cable [3Ft Apple MFi Certified] Powerline II for iPhone 12/11/ Pro/Max/X/XS/XR/XS Max/ 8/Plus, Supports Power Delivery

Other types and brands are available :D

·
Premium Member
2014 R8 V10 Cabriolet, 2015 RS7
180 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. I was genuinely confused. I thought he asked where he should find the cables identified on his invoice. I gather that for those with Apple devices, Audi does not supply the “ideal” cable. Is the e-tron fitted with USB-A or C outlets?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. I was genuinely confused. I thought he asked where he should find the cables identified on his invoice. I gather that for those with Apple devices, Audi does not supply the “ideal” cable. Is the e-tron fitted with USB-A or C outlets?
Early versions of the etron 2019 definitely and most, if not all 2020 models have USB A, but in recent changes, 2021 model onwards, they have changed this to two USB-C connections.

In the UK, the really early models had 2 USB A and a SIM card slot, but then that changed to just USB A and then now to USB-C

Reactions: drunkenspyder

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for your responses. 21 etron in US at least is equipped with two USB c ports. the dealership has confirmed that they will send another pair..a trouble they could have easily avoided.. Thanks all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning and hi all,

As stated in the subject, I just received delivery of my '21 e-tron and I haven't had the time to check all the goodies just yet. This is my first Audi and first EV!!!

Two sets of keys, charging plug and line (in the frunk?!), and the car (with initial range estimate of 259miles :p) arrived without any noticeable damage off the truck, therefore I am more than satisfied. However, my window sticker says the following are included...

**one of the key fob had a minor chip in the back.. but I think I can live with it although it is supposed to be brand new!!

1) Interior protection kit $210.00
2) USB Cables - one Lightning® & one type C $110.00

I can see some floor mats and trunk accessories which seem to be the interior protection kit, but I don't see any USB cables for the 2nd item listed.. Can you guide me where I can confirm detail listing of what the protection kit is supposed to include and what and where the USB cables are?

Furthermore, any suggestion on what and how to check anything else from the existing owners or car experts would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts