Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Just received my new Etron and very content except one issue. We specified the comfort key and indeed the car has keyless entry for the doors. But no matter how much I try I cannot get the boot/tailgate to open. Is there a setting I am forgetting or a trick I am missing?

During the pickup the dealer tried and could not manage it. I have waved my foot under the bumper in mulitiple fashions many different times of the day. We forgot to look into it after multiple failed attempts, we were so in awe of our new car. Could there be something wrong with the car?

For now we have reverted to the button on the door and the key fob for opening the boot. But it would be nice if we could get the keyless entry working on the boot as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Somethings Audi just can't get right. I think they introduced the shoe kick-open for the tailgate on the 2017 Q7. Well, it's never worked right on my Q7 and it's still hit and miss on the e-tron. I just find it's easier to use the door button or the remote. I always thought it might be the trailer hitch on the Q7 that was making it unreliable to kick-open, but the e-tron doesn't have a hitch and it's still a problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, solved. The sensor is either missing or broken on delivery. Car going in sometime february ao they can figure out how to repair/retro fit. Likely they will then need to order the part which means going back an additional day to actually fix. Did someone mention quality control?

oh, and it may have caused a new charging issue which I will add to the charging section since I hope someone can help...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, solved. The sensor is either missing or broken on delivery. Car going in sometime february ao they can figure out how to repair/retro fit. Likely they will then need to order the part which means going back an additional day to actually fix. Did someone mention quality control?

oh, and it may have caused a new charging issue which I will add to the charging section since I hope someone can help...
I have the same issue. I got mine back in October of 19. Will bring it in and reveille a new unit....:(

·
Registered
105 Posts
My experience has been similar to that of tmiele, so don't get your hopes up. I got tired of looking silly in public working to get the tailgate to work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, if you have a broken or missing sensor that's a different story, of course. But I had a similar problem and I found the solution myself: I had to move the e-tron key to a different pocket than the one I keep my iPhone in. It seems that my iPhone was interfering with the e-tron's sensor for the tailgate. This doesn't happen with ANY of my other cars that have the same feature, so it's clearly some kind of design flaw in the e-tron. But now I keep the key in a different pocket and I NEVER have any trouble with the tailgate opening (or closing) in response to me kicking my foot under it. Of course the other problem remains: When I load the e-tron and I shuffle my feet under the loading floor, the tailgate closes on my and hits me on the head/shoulders/back. Fun!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm that does not sound like fun. I actually have my keys in a different pocket anyhow to avoid scratching the screen of the iphone.
The expert at the dealer said many people think you need to wave your foot underneath the bumper. But actually it is more a determined kick movement (up to you if you want to hit the bottom of the car ;-) Maybe that helps, will not know until the actual sensor is installed properly

·
Registered
105 Posts
LegGodt, that's what I'm finding....a good dramatic kick/swipe. Don't be dainty! Then give it a second to respond.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts