Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’m the proud new owner of a 2020 e-tron.
I was perfectly clear when I bought my e-tron that it didn’t have keyless entry, but my perfectionist personality has a hard time accepting it anyway.. 😅
Can anyone tell me if it’s possible, without a huge amount of work (and thereby money) to retrofit that?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,172 Posts
It will be likely a software re-coding and you'd have to find someone who knows what they are doing. I would say it is not trivial even for regular (ICE) cars, let alone EV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be likely a software re-coding and you'd have to find someone who knows what they are doing. I would say it is not trivial even for regular (ICE) cars, let alone EV.
Thanks for your reply.

so it’s basically “just” a software update/change, is that correctly understood?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Edition One
1,172 Posts
I think the hardware is already there, but the function might be simply disabled / not coded. This gets really tricky for EVs, because they are commonly built the same way, and then certain features are just not enabled. I do not have a way to confirm it would be the case for you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi,

I’m the proud new owner of a 2020 e-tron.
I was perfectly clear when I bought my e-tron that it didn’t have keyless entry, but my perfectionist personality has a hard time accepting it anyway.. 😅
Can anyone tell me if it’s possible, without a huge amount of work (and thereby money) to retrofit that?
Was keyless entry and option why does your car not have it seems funny that it’s an option

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, it’s an option. I agree, it’s funny that it doesn’t come as standard with such new and relatively high priced cars..
Hello there, I was wondering if you managed to add the keyless entry. I simply can not accept the fact that evry time I need to enter my car I need to fight with my bag to find the fob 😂. And as mom of two you can imagine how difficult that is..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello there, I was wondering if you managed to add the keyless entry. I simply can not accept the fact that evry time I need to enter my car I need to fight with my bag to find the fob 😂. And as mom of two you can imagine how difficult that is..
Well, as it turns out, the dealer I bought the car from didn’t really know a whole lot about the car.. So when I looked a bit more into the matter after getting the car home, it turns out that my particular car actually do have keyless entry, but it just didn’t work which is probably why the dealer thought it didn’t have it. So I just got my local Audi shop to fix it, something about a sensor or something, and now it works. 😁

·
Registered
175 Posts
Remember there are likely a series of antennas on cars with that feature you would first need to find out if there put in even without keyless entry. First thing I would check is the door handles and are they the same a the cars with keyless entry. If not then I would guess the antennas are not in there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts