Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was watching an E-tron review and was surprised to see that the model tested didn’t have keyless entry and required an optional package. Is that something that was added to all trim levels in the 2021 models?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
795 Posts
I'd find it strange, honestly. It has been a standard feature as far as I can remember owning Audi cars (2012?)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Depends on which country you are in. I thought it was standard in the US, but here in the UK it comes as part of the Comfort and Sound package option - the applicable part being called 'Advanced Key' - doesnt seem to be an individual option part though.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If you look at CarFax, all the 2019 Prestige and Premium Plus models in the US have keyless entry. Was there another trimline for sale in the US in 2019? I know that in Britain, you had to get a particular package that lumped some curious options together. You definitely have to be careful in on-line reviews to note from where the car being reviewed comes from. Otherwise, you might think you are going to get Digital Matrix headlights and camera-based side mirrors!

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you look at CarFax, all the 2019 Prestige and Premium Plus models in the US have keyless entry. Was there another trimline for sale in the US in 2019? I know that in Britain, you had to get a particular package that lumped some curious options together. You definitely have to be careful in on-line reviews to note from where the car being reviewed comes from. Otherwise, you might think you are going to get Digital Matrix headlights and camera-based side mirrors!
You have to be careful here in the UK when going to the showroom to look at the car as well, as they always have one one display that has 99% of the options, different premium comfortable seats, etc etc so when you order it, you have to work out exactly what bits and pieces are included etc.

Looking on the UK website at the moment, the Matrix LED lights option has been removed as well...strange.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-tron Prestige, Glacier White Metallic
80 Posts
No those were the only “US” trim lines in 2019. In 2021, the Premium trim line was introduced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts