1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
288 Posts
Audi has nothing to worry about anyways because for a while they have been building up quite a bit of hype around the e-Tron and as far as I'm concerned its nothing like other EV's to come.

·
Registered
111 Posts
They aren't going to be the only automaker to see these kinds of delays due to battery acquisition. With the steep milestones that are being set across the industry, availability is going to get really tight.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I sure hope that doesn't influence allocations because I'm really not interested in going dealership hopping and calling around to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most new premium EV's can only be ordered on line, so a dealer isn't really going to have any advantages to offer. We've seen just how badly delays can affect interest in Tesla's. I think it was estimated that 1 in 5 people cancelled their order on the Model 3.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In fact there is probably a good chance that a lot of automakers are going to be moving away from the conventional dealer model. One of the main turn offs when buying a new vehicle is struggling through all the negotiations involved in trying to get a fair incentive/deal.

·
Registered
288 Posts
IMO, destination based servicing is the way to go, much like how Tesla has a destination based charging network. Time is the bigger commodity and its one of few ways to optimize it for consumers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are already some online apps/ websites that are trying to redesign the car buying process. Not only do they provide dealer costs, but they also notify you of any available rebates and incentives and the car is delivered to your door for free. Have a look at Nowcar, Unhaggle or Carsdirect.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm looking forward to when that rolls out in full because every time I bought a car, new or used, going to the dealer was a rare occurrence, mostly for warranty jobs or dealer-only parts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A lot of automakers wont even be providing test drive models at dealerships and newer electrics will be order only. I'm personally still not sold on buying a new vehicle sight unseen.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Unfortunately anyone on the fence with higher end products like this that need to see a vehicle in person will be limited to seeing what someone else ordered. Of course you won't get seat time on the road but, reality is people want these more than they care to know the details. Its like why many rush to buy new Apple iPhone's without knowing the details, they just love what apple produces.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Audi's order deposit it refundable even after the vehicle is delivered to the dealer. I plan on test driving mine when it gets in; if we don't like it, I'll just get my money back before I head home.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Audi's order deposit it refundable even after the vehicle is delivered to the dealer. I plan on test driving mine when it gets in; if we don't like it, I'll just get my money back before I head home.
Usually its lower volume dealers that are tougher to deal with for good reason, they don't want to take a loss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts