Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to e-tron but can’t find the answer. Have had my 2021 premium plus for about 2 weeks now and noticed today that my screens were hot to the touch with the main screen that shows the speed and “tach” the hottest. Anyone else and should I be concerned?

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
308 Posts
As long as the image is not distorted, I would not worry. There is a lot of electronic behind it, so it will run warm. If you have a IR thermometer at home, do take a few measurements when you think it is hot. We can compare values. I can do measurements on my unit after a ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as the image is not distorted, I would not worry. There is a lot of electronic behind it, so it will run warm. If you have a IR thermometer at home, do take a few measurements when you think it is hot. We can compare values. I can do measurements on my unit after a ride.
Driver display 139
Upper display 112
Lower display 109

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
308 Posts
Either my IR thermometer is broken or it is solid 105F pretty much anywhere I look. I have 2019 model so it is possible that your processing units are faster and hence run hotter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either my IR thermometer is broken or it is solid 105F pretty much anywhere I look. I have 2019 model so it is possible that your processing units are faster and hence run hotter.
Noticed this morning that they were much cooler. Maybe it has something to do with the increased outside temps in the afternoons.

·
Registered
2019 Edition One
308 Posts
I'd be concerned if my screens were running hot because of weather outside. I'll recheck when it gets warmer. We got snow yesterday again ....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd be concerned if my screens were running hot because of weather outside. I'll recheck when it gets warmer. We got snow yesterday again ....
I agree. Technically speaking outside weather shouldn't impact the temperature on the screens....if it gets too hot then I would recommend to get in touch with Audi.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The sensitivity of the LCD screens in cars is actually a big issue. Tesla has had to replace a huge number of their screens due to a poor technical choices. Even now, if the ambient temp drops to a certain level, the car will warm the interior automatically to keep the screen within the specified temperature range. This is one reason Tesla recommends you plug in your car every night. Audi supposedly has drawn upon its experience of actually being a car manufacturer to select LCD technology that is rugged enough for extreme environments (designing a car in Germany is likely to more readily highlight issues than designing one in California). If the temp of your screen is of concern, you might try dimming the screen a little to see if that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with the dealer and he had the same concern when he had another e-tron come in for service. He said that one of his coworkers and techs said that it’s normal and there are high running processors behind the screens and the screens are built for the heat they emit. Thanks everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts