Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just wanted to start up a new thread regarding wait times. I noticed there weren't enough discussions around individuals' etron production timelines and delivery waits, and I find these fascinating reads.
Thanks in advance for letting us all know what stage of production your car is in and how often you call your dealer for an update ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Order mine in December was first told 20 weeks that moved to late September but it has now come forward and been in build just over two weeks. Not sure how long it takes from confirmed built till shipping to dealer but hoping it will be here by the end of this month. I have never contacted the dealer always use concierge service as just faster and normally get an update within the hour

·
Registered
1 Posts
confirmed order processed by leasing company mid April with confirmed dealership (UK) delivery end September - current lease doesn’t expire till November. Email today saying should be with dealer by 31st July!

·
Registered
36 Posts
confirmed order processed by leasing company mid April with confirmed dealership (UK) delivery end September - current lease doesn’t expire till November. Email today saying should be with dealer by 31st July!
How do you set up the concierge service as i just ordered my sports back.

Thanks,

Karen

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure if it’s applicable in the states but in the app WhatsApp add the number +44 113 733 4311 and name it Audi. You can then message them and get updates on the build

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, just wanted to start up a new thread regarding wait times. I noticed there weren't enough discussions around individuals' etron production timelines and delivery waits, and I find these fascinating reads.
Thanks in advance for letting us all know what stage of production your car is in and how often you call your dealer for an update ;)
Hi there. Ordered mid March and was initially advised mid/late July. Got a note from leasing company that it was now w/c 9/8. Just contacted concierge and they advised the car is enroute the port of exit and to check back next week. I have asked the typical time to delivery but no further response. Anyone think the 9/8 is about right from this update? TIA.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi there. Ordered mid March and was initially advised mid/late July. Got a note from leasing company that it was now w/c 9/8. Just contacted concierge and they advised the car is enroute the port of exit and to check back next week. I have asked the typical time to delivery but no further response. Anyone think the 9/8 is about right from this update? TIA.
My reply as car is also at port
We can appreciate the situation you're in; however, we're able to provide you with approximate timescales only. Once your vehicle has been built, usually, it takes approximately 2-3 days to transport a car from our Factory to the port of exit in Emden, Germany. From the time your vehicle enters the compound at the port of exit, it can take approximately 15 working days for the transport order to be raised and your car shipped to the UK. Once in the UK port, it can take around two weeks for a transport order to be issued and your car delivered to your Audi Centre. From that point, your preferred Audi Centre will carry out the final vehicle checks and should be able to provide you with more details regarding the vehicle handover. You're always welcome to contact us any time and we'll be more than happy to check your order status for any further updates?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My order process has been a big of nightmare all things concerned.

Placed order in November 2020, given estimated delivery date of March 2021.
Since then it's been delayed from March to May, May to July and it's now been sat at the port for at least 6 weeks. I've been asking each week and the latest update is that it's still at the port awaiting shipping. Lease company have given a latest revised delivery date of 5th August, but I doubt that at this rate (I think it's typically 10 days from shipping to handover).

·
Registered
26 Posts
My order process has been a big of nightmare all things concerned.

Placed order in November 2020, given estimated delivery date of March 2021.
Since then it's been delayed from March to May, May to July and it's now been sat at the port for at least 6 weeks. I've been asking each week and the latest update is that it's still at the port awaiting shipping. Lease company have given a latest revised delivery date of 5th August, but I doubt that at this rate (I think it's typically 10 days from shipping to handover).
same issue here ordered December was told May then pushed to September then came forward and went in to build 5 weeks ago. Was told last week at port awaiting entry then a week later they said it had just left the factory. Issue is heard horror stories on Facebook that buyers cars are going missing at port for weeks on end so slightly worried now

·
Registered
19 Posts
Makes me feel slightly better that it's not just me, but it's a joke. I could understand it if did they could offer an explanation for the delays, but nothing.

On a plus I did get my Pod Point installed this week, so when the car does finally arrive, I'll be good to go!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just had a call from my dealer my car amongst other, he would not say an amount but did say it’s substantial is lost. There is a massive breakdown in the transportation system and they don’t know now if a car is built, on way to port or left port. They say there is zero idea on timescale on fixing this issue as all cars will be held now until it is resolved. He said it might even come to people going down and looking at each car. When I asked if it could be months he was honest and said it could be. 7 months wait for build now they lose the bloody thing, so if your car is showing left factory to port chances are your in the same boat….or in are case stuck on the dock 😂

·
Registered
19 Posts
What a shambles. I've got the VIN so will be interesting to see what happens. Guess it's just a case of sitting tight and waiting for updates!

·
Registered
19 Posts
same issue here ordered December was told May then pushed to September then came forward and went in to build 5 weeks ago. Was told last week at port awaiting entry then a week later they said it had just left the factory. Issue is heard horror stories on Facebook that buyers cars are going missing at port for weeks on end so slightly worried now
What Facebook groups do you get the info from?

·
Registered
26 Posts
What Facebook groups do you get the info from?
I spotted issues on the Audi etron owners uk group then as I was getting the same info of Audi concierge saying it was at port then it was back at the factory so contacted dealer that placed the order and they confirmed the problem was the transport system, it was also confirmed by Audi U.K. but they missed out the car was lost 😂
On 21 Jul 2021, at 14:21, [email protected] wrote:
Good Afternoon James

Thank you for your recent email to Audi UK.

I can confirm that this vehicle is on our delayed list and we currently do not know at this point when the vehicle will move unfortunately.

However, your local Audi Centre should update you as soon as they have any up to date information on the vehicle status.

I am sorry that this was not the news you were hoping for.

If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me on the details below.

Kind regards

Gemma Whitaker
Customer Relations Advisor

·
Registered
19 Posts
I spotted issues on the Audi etron owners uk group then as I was getting the same info of Audi concierge saying it was at port then it was back at the factory so contacted dealer that placed the order and they confirmed the problem was the transport system, it was also confirmed by Audi U.K. but they missed out the car was lost 😂
Any update on yours? Mine is apparently still in Germany 🤣

1 - 15 of 15 Posts