Audi E-Tron Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious after having our car in for service and seeing our loaner eTron getting a significantly higher consumption (mi/KWh or km/kWh) than our own model. IMHO Consumption is a better efficiency measure than range which is determined from a number of factors by the system. Consumption is a bit more direct.

I would love to see what others are seeing. (You can see short term and long term stats in the gauge area if you scroll down from the first pane under the Range value).

Here’s what I have seen in mostly city driving in hilly Seattle) in mi/KWh

Our own car

Short term range 1.1 - 2.8 ( two days of 2.8 ever)

Long term 2.1 after 3056 miles

Our rental car

(Really short) term range 2.4 - 3.5

Long term range 3.5 after 3500+ miles

Please share!

·
Registered
4 Posts
3.5 is crazy efficient. That’s small ev efficient and hard to imagine how it was accomplished. Maybe super flat highway road trip?

Ive only had mine for a week but have had several smaller EV’s with 3-3.5 mi/kWh. I’m seeing so far 2.1 mixed highway and city driving.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m also seeing 2.0 - 2.2 on a decent length journey... hoping it will be slightly higher in summer!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can select the units in the MMI somewhere it might be under vehicle settings but I can’t recall offhandedly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have mentioned that we have the 21” wheels on our car so I expect a bit of a range/efficiency hit. The loaner car I referred to had the base 19” 5 spokes.

I agree 3.5 seems off the hook for car this massive but I can reliably report that in the same rush hour conditions our car gets about 1.8 and the loaner hit 2.6. Seems too large a delta to be all attributed to wheels (?). I asked Audi to inquire with the area tech manager.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How many miles had the loaner done? Do EV’s ‘run in’ like a ICE car so you’d expect better efficiency after a few thousand miles?

Mine is on the standard 20” wheels with virtual mirrors and I’m getting the same as you - 1.7/1.8 on a heavy traffic run, 2.0-2.2 on a longer mixed run...

Only had the car 4 weeks though so it’s done less than a thousand miles and all in winter which doesn’t help...!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just checked and the Auto Express long term test e-tron did 5,000 miles over a few months across the summer and their average was 2.3 - so sounds like our efficiency is about right...

·
Registered
280 Posts
If there's potential for Audi to do software updates here to improve range then i'm curious to see how these numbers change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts