Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it may be interesting to see each owners range when charged to 100%.
Obviously you don't need to participate!

Few points might make it more interesting too: So using the following, feel free to add any other useful stats.

1: Car delivery date: 1st April 2020
2: Model: 2020 (UK 20 Plate)
3: Range on collection day: 255 (Miles)
4: Current mileage 2746 (Miles)
5: Current 100% charge: 230 -231 (Miles)
6: Drive mode: Range mode activated.

(Range mode turned off - Range 228 (Miles)

Scree shots attached, not that we don't trust each other!

one_2.jpg one.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
1. 3 July 2020
2. MY 2019 build date 11/19
3. Don't recall, but it wasn't 100% charged
4. 1,1xx miles
5. 194 miles at 65 deg F.
6. Auto

Sorry, can't be arsed to go out to take a screen grab.:)

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. 3 July 2020
2. MY 2019 build date 11/19
3. Don't recall, but it wasn't 100% charged
4. 1,1xx miles
5. 194 miles at 65 deg F.
6. Auto

Sorry, can't be arsed to go out to take a screen grab.:)
Is the MY2019 build date 19/11 within the upgraded range models they released?
I ask as I thought it was from 24/11.
If not then your range in auto at 194 Is really good from what I have seen on the pre range increase Models. Most have reported around 180. Hopefully more people will participate and we can get an overall picture.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1: Car delivery date: First sold-July 2019 (dealer vehicle); sold CPO May 2020.
2: Model: US 2019 (mfr. 04/19) Prestige w/21” wheels
3: Range on collection (CPO) day: 195 (Miles)
4: Current mileage 7,348 (Miles)
5: Current 100% charge: 185-192 (Miles)
6: Drive mode: Usually Auto, Comfort on the freeway

To explain, I purchased my e-tron Certified Pre-Owned with 5K miles. This was a dealer’s service loaner car. The highest my mileage range at 100% has been was the day I bought it. Since then, the best I can reach is 192 with no A/C. Not worried really — enjoying this amazing automobile!

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1: Car delivery date: First sold-July 2019 (dealer vehicle); sold CPO May 2020.
2: Model: US 2019 (mfr. 04/19) Prestige w/21” wheels
3: Range on collection (CPO) day: 195 (Miles)
4: Current mileage 7,348 (Miles)
5: Current 100% charge: 185-192 (Miles)
6: Drive mode: Usually Auto, Comfort on the freeway

To explain, I purchased my e-tron Certified Pre-Owned with 5K miles. This was a dealer’s service loaner car. The highest my mileage range at 100% has been was the day I bought it. Since then, the best I can reach is 192 with no A/C. Not worried really — enjoying this amazing automobile! View attachment 393
That’s my feeling too, I can drive it if I really want to get maximum range one way or just enjoy it and drive how I want too and still have plenty of range to do what I need day to day. I’ll be honest I rarely do a trip that means I have to change away from my home charger. If I do any super long trips - like over 200 miles then I’ll take my wife’s hybrid Audi Q5. But we are talking twice a year! I bought the car to fit in with my driving needs. It does that and so much more, I love this car. I was going to sell up after the first month and get a Tesla model x. But that’s before I worked out how to actually drive an Audi Etron! There was quite a steep learning curve for me anyway. But now I understand all the ways to get max range if I need it and coasting versus regen, range mode etc. I am so pleased I stuck with it. I have had most Audi Q5s and 7s which I loved but this is a dream. It seems to get some bad feedback here and there, but that’s by those who have not invested time into getting to know it. Also those who just get in it and rag around init like a diesel or petrol car. There is an art to driving an electric car and hands down this is the best I have ever had. For the record I have had a model s and model x. Great range but build quality, wind noise and lack of finish is awful. When you open the doors of a model x you can see where they don’t even bother painting the car! There are bolts and holes left on show and bits of over paint. But people just say “oh it’s no problem check out the range though!”

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great range but build quality, wind noise and lack of finish is awful. When you open the doors of a model x you can see where they don’t even bother painting the car! There are bolts and holes left on show and bits of over paint. But people just say “oh it’s no problem check out the range though!”
Teslas are everywhere here in California, as you would expect. “Woohoo, it’s got great range and will drive itself”. There’s more to a car than that (to me, anyway). The only thing ‘luxury’ about Teslas is the price. I refer to them as rolling Tupperware.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1: Car delivery date: UNK- I purchased CPO on 22 April 2020 w/ 3,500 miles on it (also was the dealer's shuttle service car)
2: Model: 2019 Prestige
3: Range on collection day: wasn't fully charged
4: Current mileage 5,546
5: Current 100% charge: 237 miles today when I charged it
6: Drive mode: Comfort

I hardly ever switch out of comfort, maybe I should try out some others?
I try to drive to maximize range, my commute has a long sloping downhill on both sides, which really helps with the regen. Not sure if the weather is helpful here, hardly any delta (high of 80, low of 75 all year around basically). Also makes driving with the windows down pleasant, which also helps the range out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought it may be interesting to see each owners range when charged to 100%.
Obviously you don't need to participate!

Few points might make it more interesting too: So using the following, feel free to add any other useful stats.

1: Car delivery date: 1st April 2020
2: Model: 2020 (UK 20 Plate)
3: Range on collection day: 255 (Miles)
4: Current mileage 2746 (Miles)
5: Current 100% charge: 230 -231 (Miles)
6: Drive mode: Range mode activated.

(Range mode turned off - Range 228 (Miles)

Scree shots attached, not that we don't trust each other!

View attachment 390 View attachment 391
I'm glad you raised this issue, although I may have a service issue. The dealership informs me over and over that the low mileage I see on a full charge is due to the car reflecting my driving style. I believe this is a dodge; I am a relatively conservative driver and never try to see how fast I can go compared to other electric cars. Here are my statistics:

1) Delivery Date - 5/11/2019
2) Model - 2019 Edition One
3) Initial Range - 150 Miles
4) Current Mileage - 9796 miles
5) Current 100% Charge - 161 miles
6) Drive Mode - Comfort (w/ AC turned off the range extends to 168 Miles

I am disappointed that the car does not live up to the advertised EPA range of 204 miles. If it did, I would feel that I got what I paid for. The 95 kwhr battery should be more than capable of delivering the mileage advertised.
My life is further complicated with several co-workers who drive Tesla's that get nearly 300 miles on smaller batteries.

My perspective is further complicated because I am in the energy business. I am fortunate to own a 10 MW-40 MWhr lithium ion energy storage facility. If upon delivery that plant were only capable of delivering less than 79% of the stated output, the OEM and EPC contractors would have had to correct the problem and/or make restitution. I paid a little over $89k for the car. For a 21% refund (~$19k), I would be satisfied.

For the record I love Audis, this is our 4th, and I do enjoy driving it. Unfortunately, the range issue has me limiting my driving to short city trips. As charging station built becomes more extensive hopefully there will be less of a concern, but I would like Audi to fix the issue on my e-tron.
IMG_4553.jpg IMG_4555.jpg IMG_4549.jpg

·
Registered
105 Posts

I am disappointed that the car does not live up to the advertised EPA range of 204 miles.
Would you mind sharing your wheel size? This can have a huge effect on range, and if you have 21" and switch to 19", I've heard you may see ~10% range increase.

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm glad you raised this issue, although I may have a service issue. The dealership informs me over and over that the low mileage I see on a full charge is due to the car reflecting my driving style. I believe this is a dodge; I am a relatively conservative driver and never try to see how fast I can go compared to other electric cars. Here are my statistics:

I am disappointed that the car does not live up to the advertised EPA range of 204 miles. If it did, I would feel that I got what I paid for. The 95 kwhr battery should be more than capable of delivering the mileage advertised.
My life is further complicated with several co-workers who drive Tesla's that get nearly 300 miles on smaller batteries.

My perspective is further complicated because I am in the energy business. I am fortunate to own a 10 MW-40 MWhr lithium ion energy storage facility. If upon delivery that plant were only capable of delivering less than 79% of the stated output, the OEM and EPC contractors would have had to correct the problem and/or make restitution. I paid a little over $89k for the car. For a 21% refund (~$19k), I would be satisfied.

For the record I love Audis, this is our 4th, and I do enjoy driving it. Unfortunately, the range issue has me limiting my driving to short city trips. As charging station built becomes more extensive hopefully there will be less of a concern, but I would like Audi to fix the issue on my e-tron.
View attachment 399 View attachment 400 View attachment 401
I hope you don't mind but can I make a suggestion?

I had a bit of a drop of when I first had the car (mine is the later version though so + 20 miles) within a month it was only showing 185 on a full charge, since then. I have changed my driving and changed a lot of others things too. Now I am back at around 230 - I know I can get it higher if I tried a bit more but can confidently say I understand the way mine works now.

This is what I did, A heads up it took a month to get the range back up though and it did mean a fair bit of dedication.
I did this just to see if it was actually true what Audi said to me. Firstly I am not ruling out that your car may have a problem. Just that I had also a dramatic drop in range 255 down to 180-185 at 100%

I also did all this as an experiment and was interested to see the results, Obviously not why we bough these cars, but at least it would prove me right. "Audi are lying and I have a duff car" I'll show them! Well you will see I was somewhat surprised.

Anyway might be with a try:

I ran the car down to 2 mile range (Yep it was stressful!)

Set CHARGE RANGE TO 100%

Fully charged it: Range 180 (Honestly)

Reset long and short memory.

Put car into Efficiency mode before moving the car at all on every drive.
Put car into Range mode (not sure you have to do the above step but just my routine)
I did all the above every time I got in the car.

Air conditioning always off (sun roof tilt open was fine for me) Or window open a bit.

Then I just drove the car like a grandad, I used the drive assist 99% of the time.
With range mode on the car would only do 50 MPH in a 70 area, this was a bit rubbish being sat on a motorway in the slow lane doing 50! But I was going to show Audi!

The car is fully restricted in range mode, but you can kick down to make a sudden move, and I did this a few times when I got fed up on a motorway - I soon remembered it was an experiment and moved back into the slow lane.

I also used the regeneration (left slow down paddle) every time I needed to slow down, I still rarely use the foot break still. Having a Tesla taught me to one foot / peddle drive. But I prefer the way you can choose to do it with the Paddles on the Etron.

You can set it to drive like a Tesla:

IE: When you take your foot of the gas it slows down using the regeneration.

Just in case you don't know,
You set it to Efficiency mode in the MMI (Manual Mode) and then use the left paddle to set it to level 1 or 2. This is then identical to the way the Tesla drives. At least with the Etron you can turn this of and coast if you choose a lot quicker, just by tapping the left paddle up or down, from coast mode to regeneration mode.

I am currently using this mode as an experiment to see if that is better range than coasting the car. Although I do prefer to coast and I reckon is more efficient, thats for another post.

I then noticed strait away that my range was improving (Obvious I know) But I mean a lot.

EG: The range would say 150 Miles and I would do 3 Miles and it would say range 151 so I had not only driven 3 miles but gained + 1 mile and so on.

I always drove with the dashboard showing my long range so I could see the range I had covered (Remember I had reset it to zero) I would be encouraged to keep my driving style based on "This is an experiment" I am training the car!

I found I would constantly be adding up the range I had left and the range I had covered to give me what the car should charge to when this full charge was empty. it was actually really fun, I would find myself using the assist drive more or not if my range was not working as well without, just keeping an eye on the range usage in real time,.
(The round green circle on the left)n I would always try and have the needle on the bottom or even better in minus - IE: adding range with regeneration.

It is entirely possible to drive with the car at 50 MPH and use hardly any energy. (Its an experiment!)

Then I noticed the range change a lot again:

I would have 120 Miles and set of nice and easy drive 4 miles and it was not losing any range, then it may go up and down a mile or two on hills etc. Sometimes I would get 15 Miles and lose 3 miles, This was because I generating a lot at some points and the car was learning my driving style and rewarding me!

So lets move on:

I continued with this for the whole 1st charge and ran it down to 2 miles again.
2nd charge it went up to exactly the number of my recorded long range memory + 2 miles which was left, this was obviously higher than the last charge.

I did exactly the same but was even more committed and watched as I added up the range left to the range I had covered and enjoyed playing the game of "How can I gain more on the next charge"

In my experience every time I charge the car it adds the range left to the long term memory used (I reset after every charge) and I generally get within a mile of the full charge in the range.

All in all I drained the battery down to within 5 miles 4 times! Driving the way above each time and making sure I reset the short and long term memory each time.

I was at 245 Miles after this experiment, I then noticed one day I had 130 miles left on the battery range and noticed the long rage used was 135 miles, thats a massive change form my 180 -185 miles I was getting on a full charge consistently before.

I reckon I could of carried on and got even more, but I was now a bit bored of it all so I popped it back on charge at 130 miles and yep it almost added the long range used to the range left and I got a final 100% charge range of - 260 Miles.

Ok so its a brutal not ideal way to drive a car, but now as you can see form my original post on this thread on the screen shot of the dash board I am now at 230 Mile range.

So after so training the car and changing the way "I drive the car" Its gone from a disappointing consistent 180 -185 to 225-235 (Normal driving ) That an average on a 40 mile improvement and at one point I had improved it by 80 Miles! Fact; All only by changing the way I drive the car,

This is as per the setting also as above, All in all if I drive the car "Normally" Using the AC sometimes but not very often (Which I prefer the window open a bit or the roof tilted) Have it in efficiency mode I get 225 miles easily.

Obviously If I am out and want to push my range I now know how, If I drive it in dynamic like a boy racer, using launch control at every stop to 70 MPH with the windows open and AC on then Ill get 150 If I am lucky!

I also no longer drive in the slow lane doing 50 in a 70 either, I enjoy the car and do around the speed limit (officer😉)
I drive it and enjoy it, Like I said I have had Both the Model S and Model X. They are awesome range cars, but the Audi Etron is an awesome car. It's an Audi and you know that when you drive it, it's build quality is still the best out of any car companies IMO. Its a electric car and a bloody brilliant one built by a car company, the Tesla is a car built by a battery company that is learning how to improve self driving and range, The Etron is an amazing electric car with style and one of the best interiors they have ever made.
Obviously I am biased as I own one, but I also have had Tesla and thats a fact. Unless Tesla start to build cars like Audi I know where my money is.

Let us know how you get on and if you do try the same experiment make sure you are committed to treating it like just that "a range experiment" You can at least go back to Audi and tell them what you have done, but you need to be honest with your self and I guess you may have not tried "All the suggested ways to get range"

We need to remember all electric car companies, openly tell us "you need to adapt the way you drive an electric car"
They are different and need to be driven differently.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would you mind sharing your wheel size? This can have a huge effect on range, and if you have 21" and switch to 19", I've heard you may see ~10% range increase.
I have the 21 Inch Audi Sport wheels - Yellow brake callipers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 21" wheels and it came with the yellow calipers, as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope you don't mind but can I make a suggestion?

I had a bit of a drop of when I first had the car (mine is the later version though so + 20 miles) within a month it was only showing 185 on a full charge, since then. I have changed my driving and changed a lot of others things too. Now I am back at around 230 - I know I can get it higher if I tried a bit more but can confidently say I understand the way mine works now.

This is what I did, A heads up it took a month to get the range back up though and it did mean a fair bit of dedication.
I did this just to see if it was actually true what Audi said to me. Firstly I am not ruling out that your car may have a problem. Just that I had also a dramatic drop in range 255 down to 180-185 at 100%

I also did all this as an experiment and was interested to see the results, Obviously not why we bough these cars, but at least it would prove me right. "Audi are lying and I have a duff car" I'll show them! Well you will see I was somewhat surprised.

Anyway might be with a try:

I ran the car down to 2 mile range (Yep it was stressful!)

Set CHARGE RANGE TO 100%

Fully charged it: Range 180 (Honestly)

Reset long and short memory.

Put car into Efficiency mode before moving the car at all on every drive.
Put car into Range mode (not sure you have to do the above step but just my routine)
I did all the above every time I got in the car.

Air conditioning always off (sun roof tilt open was fine for me) Or window open a bit.

Then I just drove the car like a grandad, I used the drive assist 99% of the time.
With range mode on the car would only do 50 MPH in a 70 area, this was a bit rubbish being sat on a motorway in the slow lane doing 50! But I was going to show Audi!

The car is fully restricted in range mode, but you can kick down to make a sudden move, and I did this a few times when I got fed up on a motorway - I soon remembered it was an experiment and moved back into the slow lane.

I also used the regeneration (left slow down paddle) every time I needed to slow down, I still rarely use the foot break still. Having a Tesla taught me to one foot / peddle drive. But I prefer the way you can choose to do it with the Paddles on the Etron.

You can set it to drive like a Tesla:

IE: When you take your foot of the gas it slows down using the regeneration.

Just in case you don't know,
You set it to Efficiency mode in the MMI (Manual Mode) and then use the left paddle to set it to level 1 or 2. This is then identical to the way the Tesla drives. At least with the Etron you can turn this of and coast if you choose a lot quicker, just by tapping the left paddle up or down, from coast mode to regeneration mode.

I am currently using this mode as an experiment to see if that is better range than coasting the car. Although I do prefer to coast and I reckon is more efficient, thats for another post.

I then noticed strait away that my range was improving (Obvious I know) But I mean a lot.

EG: The range would say 150 Miles and I would do 3 Miles and it would say range 151 so I had not only driven 3 miles but gained + 1 mile and so on.

I always drove with the dashboard showing my long range so I could see the range I had covered (Remember I had reset it to zero) I would be encouraged to keep my driving style based on "This is an experiment" I am training the car!

I found I would constantly be adding up the range I had left and the range I had covered to give me what the car should charge to when this full charge was empty. it was actually really fun, I would find myself using the assist drive more or not if my range was not working as well without, just keeping an eye on the range usage in real time,.
(The round green circle on the left)n I would always try and have the needle on the bottom or even better in minus - IE: adding range with regeneration.

It is entirely possible to drive with the car at 50 MPH and use hardly any energy. (Its an experiment!)

Then I noticed the range change a lot again:

I would have 120 Miles and set of nice and easy drive 4 miles and it was not losing any range, then it may go up and down a mile or two on hills etc. Sometimes I would get 15 Miles and lose 3 miles, This was because I generating a lot at some points and the car was learning my driving style and rewarding me!

So lets move on:

I continued with this for the whole 1st charge and ran it down to 2 miles again.
2nd charge it went up to exactly the number of my recorded long range memory + 2 miles which was left, this was obviously higher than the last charge.

I did exactly the same but was even more committed and watched as I added up the range left to the range I had covered and enjoyed playing the game of "How can I gain more on the next charge"

In my experience every time I charge the car it adds the range left to the long term memory used (I reset after every charge) and I generally get within a mile of the full charge in the range.

All in all I drained the battery down to within 5 miles 4 times! Driving the way above each time and making sure I reset the short and long term memory each time.

I was at 245 Miles after this experiment, I then noticed one day I had 130 miles left on the battery range and noticed the long rage used was 135 miles, thats a massive change form my 180 -185 miles I was getting on a full charge consistently before.

I reckon I could of carried on and got even more, but I was now a bit bored of it all so I popped it back on charge at 130 miles and yep it almost added the long range used to the range left and I got a final 100% charge range of - 260 Miles.

Ok so its a brutal not ideal way to drive a car, but now as you can see form my original post on this thread on the screen shot of the dash board I am now at 230 Mile range.

So after so training the car and changing the way "I drive the car" Its gone from a disappointing consistent 180 -185 to 225-235 (Normal driving ) That an average on a 40 mile improvement and at one point I had improved it by 80 Miles! Fact; All only by changing the way I drive the car,

This is as per the setting also as above, All in all if I drive the car "Normally" Using the AC sometimes but not very often (Which I prefer the window open a bit or the roof tilted) Have it in efficiency mode I get 225 miles easily.

Obviously If I am out and want to push my range I now know how, If I drive it in dynamic like a boy racer, using launch control at every stop to 70 MPH with the windows open and AC on then Ill get 150 If I am lucky!

I also no longer drive in the slow lane doing 50 in a 70 either, I enjoy the car and do around the speed limit (officer😉)
I drive it and enjoy it, Like I said I have had Both the Model S and Model X. They are awesome range cars, but the Audi Etron is an awesome car. It's an Audi and you know that when you drive it, it's build quality is still the best out of any car companies IMO. Its a electric car and a bloody brilliant one built by a car company, the Tesla is a car built by a battery company that is learning how to improve self driving and range, The Etron is an amazing electric car with style and one of the best interiors they have ever made.
Obviously I am biased as I own one, but I also have had Tesla and thats a fact. Unless Tesla start to build cars like Audi I know where my money is.

Let us know how you get on and if you do try the same experiment make sure you are committed to treating it like just that "a range experiment" You can at least go back to Audi and tell them what you have done, but you need to be honest with your self and I guess you may have not tried "All the suggested ways to get range"

We need to remember all electric car companies, openly tell us "you need to adapt the way you drive an electric car"
They are different and need to be driven differently.

Good luck!
Thank you for your suggestion. Let me go through it and I will see what benefit it creates.
Thanks, again!!

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for your suggestion. Let me go through it and I will see what benefit it creates.
Thanks, again!!
It might not change that much really. But you should hopefully get some piece of mind. If you are like me, these things bug me no end. What you are doing is giving it the best shot to improve range, even if you go back to driving it differently. Realistically we need the AC as we are all used to just having it on. I know I was, on short days or even weeks I don’t really notice how I am driving. But I have been in electric for 5 years! It’s definitely a different style of driving.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine was delivered in July, 2019.
This time of year (temps in the 90's), I get a fully charged range between 230 and 250 miles. Unfortunately, it's a lie - I really only seem to get around 200 miles (drive 100 miles, lose 125 miles of range).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think I have a serious issue with my battery range as now dropped below 150 miles on full charge!

1) Delivery Date - Sept 2019
3) Initial Range - 190 Miles
4) Current Mileage - 6230 miles
5) Current 100% Charge - 139 miles
6) Drive Mode - Comfort (w/ AC turned on the range extends to 146 Miles)

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I think I have a serious issue with my battery range as now dropped below 150 miles on full charge!

1) Delivery Date - Sept 2019
3) Initial Range - 190 Miles
4) Current Mileage - 6230 miles
5) Current 100% Charge - 139 miles
6) Drive Mode - Comfort (w/ AC turned on the range extends to 146 Miles)
Erm that seems very low. I have seen pre 28th November 2019 models. Including the edition 1, with around 160 when just driven like a non electric car. On a full charge, then giving the car the experiment I did above get back to 210 but that’s the best I achieved.
I had September 2019 launch edition and mine settled at around 170 when just driving "Normally" Ac on, the odd trip In dynamic mode etc.. But I ended up part exchanging it as the I heard they had bumped the range post November 28th 2019 I cashed in while I could and now have another launch edition MY20 build, the range on that is far better regardless of the extra 20 mile bump the newer ones got. I can't help but think the Edition 1 and the first few thousand MY19 builds where a bit shaky with range. But 139 is really awful, they where marketed at 242 miles before launch and since then I have heard on this forum and various other places that as said the edition 1 and MY19 builds are not living up to exception by owners at all.
Personally I complained and got nowhere with Audi UK, I even wrote to Audi UK with full documentation and screen shots the works. I got a simply "Its the way you are driving the car" Since then I have taken a small amount of appreciation for what they said and have adjusted my driving style dramatically as per various experiments and achieved good results. But on my original ~MY19 build I never got the advertised range.
Your 146 miles sounds right based on you only getting 190 to start with, as I suspect you may get back to 190 after some serious car training and commitment to it, But really in day to day like who buys a car to have to do that to only then go back to being able to drive a car normally! My worry and a big red flag would of been only getting 190 from new.. Can I ask why you never went back to them at the start? Also probably a stupid question but you do have the car set to charge to 100% in the MMI not the 80% range mode? which is default.. You need to change that manually..
I actually really hope you find it is set to 80% charge! Then you may have a really pleasant surprise!
Also what range does it show when you put it in efficiency mode and set it also to range mode in the settings? If I do that just parked on my drive it adds a minimum of 15 miles to the range showing..

·
Registered
20 Posts
The battery is set to 100% and I have been generally getting 170-190 miles from a full charge. The car was in for the recall and firmware updates round 4wks ago, and I am thinking that since I got back, this is when I seem to remember the range dropping. I just noticed it was really bad yesterday as I had a full charge and drove the car 60 miles and it was telling me I only 70 mile range left and I was wondering if I was going to have enough charge to get back home. I put the car onto level II charging and 100% charged this morning and it is only showing 139 mile range. I managed to get it booked into the dealership and the service agent said this is the 2nd e-tron he has seen in a week with only 120 mile range and the other owner was getting around 190 before it suddenly dropped.

They have kept the car and given me a loaner... I will see what happens. But I can't live with a car with 120 - 140 mile range. This can't be reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The battery is set to 100% and I have been generally getting 170-190 miles from a full charge. The car was in for the recall and firmware updates round 4wks ago, and I am thinking that since I got back, this is when I seem to remember the range dropping. I just noticed it was really bad yesterday as I had a full charge and drove the car 60 miles and it was telling me I only 70 mile range left and I was wondering if I was going to have enough charge to get back home. I put the car onto level II charging and 100% charged this morning and it is only showing 139 mile range. I managed to get it booked into the dealership and the service agent said this is the 2nd e-tron he has seen in a week with only 120 mile range and the other owner was getting around 190 before it suddenly dropped.

They have kept the car and given me a loaner... I will see what happens. But I can't live with a car with 120 - 140 mile range. This can't be reasonable. View attachment 404 View attachment 405
Ok so that puts a different spin on it, car was ok > car has firmware update> car not OK!
Yep seems to me they cocked it up and by even taking it in to look at suggests they are admitting a fault they no about , but hey they would never admit to it. I totally agree, if they give you back the car with 140 or there about on it I would refuse to take the car back. I know for a fact they can reset it to factory then charge it so it should then show close to the range it should have, I don't mean just resetting the short and long range memory, I mean a full OCD flash, that way it will not set the range based on any pervious data. Even when we re set the memories it still uses an internal memory to set the ETA range based on our driving. I would ask them if they can re set to factory, as if the MMI was just turned on from new.

Do you know what the recall and firmware updates where for?

·
Registered
20 Posts
They told me several updates related to charging, and this also included them reflashing the audi charger.

Excellent suggestion to have them reset the car to factory settings and see what happens. The good news is the service guy seen the car today as when I got to the dealership it was still @ 98% charge, but the range ETA was showing 123miles. So he could clearly see something was wrong as almost 100% charge, but range ~120 miles.

I had a look at the lemon law buy back and thankfully if this can't be resolved then it looks like I maybe able to invoke this and force them to take the car back from me. I hope this is something that can be fixed as I really like the car.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts