Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Second time that I’ve charged my car to 100% prior to setting off on a long journey. 198mi on a very hot day. I had planned to charge during my journey (128mi) but arrived with 46% and plenty to spare. Car took 5h to recharge overnight on 7.2KW charger.

1: Car delivery date: 12th June 2019
2: Model: Launch Edition 55 2019
3: Range on collection day: 204 (Miles)
4: Current mileage 3,625 (Miles)
5: Current 100% charge: 198 (Miles)
6: Drive mode: Comfort mode activated with AC (37
deg C outside!)
Thanks for sharing, looks like you and the car are doing well. 204 at collection and now 198, can't complain with that. I know for a fact given those stats that the car could achieve 204 again given some driving tweaks, but who cars when it still performing well.

Are you happy with the car to date?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’m very happy with my e-tron. It was my first EV, having looked several times at Tesla and felt it was a step down from the interior and build quality of my previous two A5 Sportback models. On the e-tron I’ve has every currently known software and hardware fault going with my Launch Edition 55, but stuck with it throughout in the understanding that I was getting Audi service quality all under warranty which has already been extended to a full 4 years.

It frustrates me that having paid around £80K GBP (inc VAT) for a fully loaded model that people seem to be blaming slashed prices on the car itself rather than the deepest financial recession in 300 years. The manufacturers need to get their existing car stock sold and replenished in order to keep the factories making new models etc..

However pre-Covid there were ZERO discounts available in the UK market, certainly before the first production models even arrived in country. So I bought into the long term opportunity to own a fantastic EV at a time when there were distinctly limited options.

Range-wise I think that there’s a paradox - the more you drive/enjoy the car the less the resulting range. The more you let the car drive you (adaptive cruise control and energy recuperation assistance) the better the range. But as many people have said before, the miles remaining algorithm is based upon historical driving behaviour rather than real usable miles.

As I’ve said earlier in this thread I set out recently on a longish journey expecting to have the AC on for most of it and needing to charge at some point. The range at 100% was showing as 198 miles but I reached there with 46% SoC after 128 miles. So that’s 54% consumed at 0.42% per mile. If my driving parameters remained constant I would have been able to travel (46% / 0.42) = 109 miles more, totalling a range of 237 miles on 100% charge. That’s what the car is meant to do, so consider me pleasantly relieved but not surprised!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just to provide an update on my e-tron issue. They have confirmed high resistance and some of the cells are faulty in the battery. They have now lodged a request to Audi to replace the battery and this was on 8/5. I talked to them this afternoon 8/10 and they have no ETA on when the replacement battery will come in and they have now given me an A6 as a loaner until this is resolved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm loving the range I am getting now: at 80% charge I am getting 211 miles of range (usually get between 2.6 - 3.3kwh on the consumption meter), so did the math and at 100% charge should be getting ((211x100)/80) = ~263.75 range, even though I never charge up to 100% as I do about 80% city driving and 20% highway driving. Either way the estimated range which is well above EPA, and the range at 80% charge are both above EPA estimates which is amazing!

It is also fun to hypermile in this car and also time the regen events just right when coming to a stop light or stop sign. The paddle shifters are great, and I find myself using them frequently on every drive. This is my first EV, but I have been driving for about 16 years and this is the first vehicle that has me revisting my driving practices for the better. Love my eTron. Oh yeah the above figures are with the AC off.

·
Super Moderator
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Excellent feedback. Great you are enjoying your car. They are awesome cars. It’s also good you are understanding how to drive it, there is a bit of a learning curve involved. When I picked up my first one I drove it like an ICE car and was really disappointed with the range. Once I had read up and almost learnt to drive again my range crawled back up over a few charges and now I sit at around 230 while enjoying the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1: Car delivery date: Aug. 20, 2020
2: Model: 2019 prestige
3: Range on collection day: 190 (Miles)
4: Current mileage 4,011 (Miles)
5: Current 100% charge: 234 (Miles)
6: Drive mode: efficiency

·
Super Moderator
221 Posts
E-Tron Prestige, 21" wheels, US model (95kWh battery).

I'm at 181 miles of range @ 100%. That's taking advantage of brake regen, as well as boost. You know, because it's there. So minimal effort for efficiency combined with heavy wheels and that's about it. If I do drive a bit more efficiently, I can get over 200.

Don't forget the E-Tron loves to coast and brake re-gen is your friend. Avoid really high speeds and you can get some solid range out of it, even more than US EPA ratings.

·
Registered
60 Posts
214 miles @ 100%, now charging to 60-70% for daily use, to be a little nicer to the battery.
On road trips 2.2 kWh/m, driving fast.

The mileage readout is governed by a GOM, right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
214 miles @ 100%, now charging to 60-70% for daily use, to be a little nicer to the battery.
On road trips 2.2 kWh/m, driving fast.

The mileage readout is governed by a GOM, right?
Assuming you mean the inverse, ie 2.2 miles / KWh that would give you a range of about 185. But at 2.2 KWh/mile you're going to struggle to get more than 40 miles :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes, the mileage is estimated for the GOM. I typically run, when warmed, 2.2 to 2.5 mi/KWh. On those cold mornings, from a cold start, it is really distressing watching those miles on the GOM melt away until I get my efficiency numbers up into that range. Maximum charging capacity and efficiency are quite dependent on temperature conditions. I think that is part of what makes these comparisons vary widely, the being the GOM tossing in your driving and cabin habits.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm glad you raised this issue, although I may have a service issue. The dealership informs me over and over that the low mileage I see on a full charge is due to the car reflecting my driving style. I believe this is a dodge; I am a relatively conservative driver and never try to see how fast I can go compared to other electric cars. Here are my statistics:

1) Delivery Date - 5/11/2019
2) Model - 2019 Edition One
3) Initial Range - 150 Miles
4) Current Mileage - 9796 miles
5) Current 100% Charge - 161 miles
6) Drive Mode - Comfort (w/ AC turned off the range extends to 168 Miles

I am disappointed that the car does not live up to the advertised EPA range of 204 miles. If it did, I would feel that I got what I paid for. The 95 kwhr battery should be more than capable of delivering the mileage advertised.
My life is further complicated with several co-workers who drive Tesla's that get nearly 300 miles on smaller batteries.

My perspective is further complicated because I am in the energy business. I am fortunate to own a 10 MW-40 MWhr lithium ion energy storage facility. If upon delivery that plant were only capable of delivering less than 79% of the stated output, the OEM and EPC contractors would have had to correct the problem and/or make restitution. I paid a little over $89k for the car. For a 21% refund (~$19k), I would be satisfied.

For the record I love Audis, this is our 4th, and I do enjoy driving it. Unfortunately, the range issue has me limiting my driving to short city trips. As charging station built becomes more extensive hopefully there will be less of a concern, but I would like Audi to fix the issue on my e-tron.
View attachment 399 View attachment 400 View attachment 401
Sorry to hear about your range issues
are you sure your charging limit is set to 100%, not 80%?
Also, what driving mode do you use?
I use Auto and it really helps with range.
for my 2019 etron with 20” wheels, build of 11/19, i get about 214 on 100% charge

41 - 52 of 52 Posts