Audi e-tron Forum – News, Specs, Pricing & Ownership… banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I hear ya. Sadly, the snowman we built is already dead though. :p

I’m within hours of pulling the trigger on a showroom model of a GT here in Denmark. Being told that they might not be able to source winter tires for me right away, though! Giving me second thoughts, as I was planning to drive it to Jutland next week… :p
Hi Corbet.

The snow and ice is still here in northern Jutland, and it's no fun. I have to drive my old A3 to work every day because of it.

My advice for you would actually be to wait. It's going to snow again on Thursday and this weather might last untill february.
So unless the car is the perfect build for you, there might be other offers down the road.

Br Anders

·
Registered
e Tron GT with lots of goodies
72 Posts
Hi Corbet.

The snow and ice is still here in northern Jutland, and it's no fun. I have to drive my old A3 to work every day because of it.

My advice for you would actually be to wait. It's going to snow again on Thursday and this weather might last untill february.
So unless the car is the perfect build for you, there might be other offers down the road.

Br Anders
I here ya Anders (jeg lytte dig? Dansk er meget svært!). However, it was a **** of a deal, it was the next best thing to perfect, and I want / sort of need (ok, I could have gotten by) a second car now… so I’m picking it up early next week. ;-) The leasing company has found Pirellis for the rear, and are still looking for those front tires…

·
Registered
72 Posts
I here ya Anders (jeg lytte dig? Dansk er meget svært!). However, it was a **** of a deal, it was the next best thing to perfect, and I want / sort of need (ok, I could have gotten by) a second car now… so I’m picking it up early next week. ;-) The leasing company has found Pirellis for the rear, and are still looking for those front tires…
And it looks like I’ll be getting Goodyear ultra grip performance tires for the front. It’s just not possible to source the pirellis in the right size for the fronts at the moment, apparently, and I’m not willing to wait a few weeks. Should work just fine, though - both tires review pretty well.

·
Registered
2022 Audi e-tron GT Prestige/Performance/Leather [Mythos Black]
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I was never a fan of Pirelli’s, but their winter tires get good reviews. i’m patiently waiting on Tire Rack to send the Wintrac Pros. there’s a delay because of the rears. hopefully 12/13.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was never a fan of Pirelli’s, but their winter tires get good reviews. i’m patiently waiting on Tire Rack to send the Wintrac Pros. there’s a delay because of the rears. hopefully 12/13.
The lessor ended up being able to source Pirellis front and back, so I’ll find out soon enough if I’m a fan. I’ve read good things about them; on my motorcycle, I’d never do anything but Michelins, but I don’t know anything about heavy sporty 4 wheeler rubber requirements. :p

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was thinking of just using my GLE63 for winter as it has snow tires on it but it sucks not being able to drive the Etron with any cold temps due to the summer tires. I originally wanted all seasons but no sizes available, so now I am thinking doing the winter/summer swap. Pirelli Scorpion Winters fit? I have them on my GLE and had them on my X3M and they were good. No issues in Colorado snow.

Thinking of getting the 265/40 R21 and 305/35 R21 on the stock Y1 package rims for the winters. The aspect ratios are slightly different than stock but not sure that would make any difference.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was thinking of just using my GLE63 for winter as it has snow tires on it but it sucks not being able to drive the Etron with any cold temps due to the summer tires. I originally wanted all seasons but no sizes available, so now I am thinking doing the winter/summer swap. Pirelli Scorpion Winters fit? I have them on my GLE and had them on my X3M and they were good. No issues in Colorado snow.

Thinking of getting the 265/40 R21 and 305/35 R21 on the stock Y1 package rims for the winters. The aspect ratios are slightly different than stock but not sure that would make any difference.
Was looking at same thing since the recommended 20” wheel set with winters won’t arrive till Feb.

You get any feedback from Audi on using those tires since the specs are slightly different? I’m surprised my tech didn’t suggest that when recommending the smaller wheel set.

He was pretty adamant that there are no winters for the 21s.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Was looking at same thing since the recommended 20” wheel set with winters won’t arrive till Feb.

You get any feedback from Audi on using those tires since the specs are slightly different? I’m surprised my tech didn’t suggest that when recommending the smaller wheel set.

He was pretty adamant that there are no winters for the 21s.
There probably aren’t any directly through Audi but there are certainly winter tires that will fit your 21” wheels. Like those Pirelli Winter Scorpions above.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

·
Registered
2022 RS E Tron GT
26 Posts
For what it's worth, my dealer recommended just putting all seasons on the existing rims for the winter, then see how much you really feel you need summers. I'm getting the RS and he thought you might want to just leave the all seasons on since you're not going hardcore on the performance driving, etc. However, if you do want the summers then you have them too.

He also indicated that if you're leasing you can turn the car in with all seasons on, but not with winters on, so you could always sell the summers if you're ok with the slightly lesser performance tire.
Same for me - I went with all season Continentals and so far they have performed well.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I ordered Titan 7 T-S7 from Vividracing. Putting Perelli P Zero winters on them. The only concern I have is that I couldn't find the specs for TPMS sensors, So I just guessed that they would be the same as on the regular e-tron.

I'll post pics once I get everything together.
Hey man! me again :)

Can you send me a link to the TPMS sensors you went with? I'm having trouble finding which ones may fit the GT, but you said you got ones for the regular e-tron SUV? They are working out for you?

·
Registered
68 Posts
So my GT just arrived to my dealership in northern New England with 20" high performance summer tires. Both myself and the dealership searched for winter tires to put on the 20" rims with no success in finding Pirelli P zeros or Scorpions in the same sizes. After some research I found that the 20" Porsche Taycan winter tire packages had specs that exactly matched the Audi specs (Tire specs, offsets and lug pattern). Not that surprising. I convinced my dealership to test out this theory and since potholes are awful here we ordered the 19" Taycan aero S package. They just contacted me to tell me that it all fits perfectly and the TPMS is correct. There are plenty of 19" and 20" Porsche winter tire packages available if anyone else is in the same situation. Cheers!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
there are plenty that fit the 20” wheels. i went with Vredestein Wintrac Pro 235/45 fronts and 275/40 rears. had them mounted today, fit perfectly. i went a bit narrower with nearly the same OD as oem.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
i live in CT. potholes aren’t too bad out here. all our taxes have to go somewhere!

But we are talking about a difference of 0.5" of sidewall -- that's splitting hairs. it's not like you're running hummer tires over there 🤣

61 - 80 of 106 Posts